Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods What did you save? (2017)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Speed Gems, Jan 2, 2018.

Tags:
  1. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Oh, I forgot. I also saved a Navarro "Universal" dual manifold for an 8BA that I got cheap because it had 3 broken bolt pads, 2 extra holes drilled in it, and the generator stud hole wallowed out. I did it because the guys on the "Ford Barn" say Navarro made the best intake manifolds for flatheads (and because I just had to).

Donuts & Peelouts likes this.
  2. I only managed to save one this year, and only for parts, it's pretty rough. It was destined for a worse fate. 100_0708.JPG I didn't manage to save this 50 Tudor, but I may end up doing so in the spring. 77.JPG
    I'm also working on saving a 49 Fordor that I have no picture of.

Sauli, F&J, Runnin shine and 4 others like this.
  3. Normant93

Normant93

IMG_2478.JPG IMG_2688.JPG VT Scotty 1.jpg
    Didn't find anything as cool as most of you guys, mine were both OT...........
    The TR likely wouldn't have survived much longer outside, pretty rough but still restorable, got it from the original owner, he gave it to my son. The motor is junk so it will likely end up with a SBF, 5 speed and chassis mods.
    My wife really wanted a small trailer to pull with our '53 Catalina, so I picked up the Scotty in VT (up by the Canadian border) a couple weeks before Christmas, it's complete and original but a total rebuild. I think I actually spent more on gas getting it than I paid for it.

4. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Good score on the Triumph. I like your plans for it. Eons ago I had both a Triumph TR3 and an MGA. The Triumph was so much of a better car that I couldn't believe it.

5. Normant93

Normant93

00o0o_eZwaAsLaWMk_600x450.jpg
    Thanks tubman, my son is really excited to build it. All the exterior panels are really nice but it needs floors and inner rockers, it's perfect for a young guy to learn how to run a mig since none of the repairs will show once it's complete. There are enough perfectly restored examples around to preserve the marque's heritage, this one's going to be built for driving; stock appearance, but 3+ times the HP, with chassis, brake and suspension upgrades.
    Not sure who the TR4 pictured above belongs to (found it on the web) but my son was inspired by it.... works for me!

Last edited: Jan 6, 2018
  6. Totally out of room here.....But managed to save one. Built in '72, last run in '82.....back on the road in 2017 :).

Found
    front-1.jpg

Now
    right side-4.jpg

7. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Why is it that the "After" pictures of my car look like the "Before" pictures of everybody else's?

8. I saved a '54 Studebaker Truck, a '47 Studebaker M5 Truck, a '69 GTO and a '34 Chevy 3W Coupe.

Attached Files:

9. Poh.Nice save buddy. I love animals too! Bruce. img643.jpg

Sauli, F&J, Poh and 2 others like this.
  10. Rusty did you ever sell her?Bruce.

12. Donuts & Peelouts

Donuts & Peelouts
    from , CA

Thanks Bruce, you have a great day.

I have enough to keep me busy for sure now.
    Sent from my SM-J727T1 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

BigDogSS and Bruce Fischer like this.
  13. Yes, Bruce,...it went to a good home in Missouri...

Bruce Fischer likes this.
  14. Pinstriper40

Pinstriper40

I wouldn't say I've saved this stuff yet as I haven't gotten it back on the road... But I bought a '36 Ford sedan that I want to turn into a tub, a '65 fastback w/a four speed that will be a beater muscle car and maybe eventually a custom mustang, and a '64 Chevy van that has been sitting in storage since '78 and will get Astro Supremes with skinny whitewalls.
    The panel truck is a continuation from 2016... But it'll be on the road this year. So will the Chevy van.
    IMG_20180104_022928_356.jpg IMG_20171129_162243_790.jpg IMG_20170611_151151_554.jpg IMG_20171022_180635_545.jpg

RMR&C, Donuts & Peelouts, F&J and 3 others like this.
  15. UNSHINED 2

UNSHINED 2

20180108_104900.jpg Wish I could have saved this one.... 20180108_104900.jpg

Donuts & Peelouts and F&J like this.
  16. rustednutz

rustednutz
    from tulsa, ok

Only thing I saved this year was a 64 Dodge Polara 500 2dr HT roller. Body is in excellent shape but interior needs a complete redo. Added it to my other projects, however, not sure what I'm going to do with it.

F&J likes this.
  17. F&J

F&J

We had two baby tiny raccoons found in the road...sheesh, they were smart after living with us a while...they KNEW they were not allowed out of the kitchen! We'd see them peeking around the doorways! They would sit in a tiny corner by the cook stove, and so bored little fingers,,,peeled all the wall paper off! Sadly, they don't do well raised by humans! but?? what to do?

as far as saving stuff,2017 was NOSTOP for us here in Eastern CT...I have never been involved in so many big moves of stuff! Has to be the advancing ages of the post war babies! Too many of those ages and not enough younger people who even want their stuff!! I am now beyond BROKE, and...OUT of room!, and there simply is a very dwindling market if I am forced to sell any of it for normal bills!
    100_1688.JPG
    2018, I must now say NO! ^^^ Pic is of a HUGE amount of stuff hidden in there, more trucks and trailers are in there, or on the way to....the scrapyard!, as these two crews ran out of places to drag stuff to! I was only called in to "grab one collector car, non-roller", out of a very tight 90 degree corner, then in a tight garage.."with my huge ancient winch" Then they wanted it done super FAST, to be able get to more stuff! The main crew was giving me so much new, or near new stuff all day, after I grabbed the car fast and parked out on the street! That's my White 66 k20 Chevy.

18. Phhhttttttttttt :p :p :p well I don't like the color of it. ;)

You done good young man, me das orgullo, de veras. :cool:

19. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

does this help? :D :D :D

Or this one that ran in MOKAN a few years back LOL
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
    F&J likes this.
  20. Donuts & Peelouts

Donuts & Peelouts
    from , CA

I don't like the color either lol.
    Thanks Friend, that means alot.
    I like what you picked up too, I'm following it online, I think you made a good trade because when you stand next to it you have a bigger smile than you had with your Ford. Glad to see you back on the HAMB from your internet break, who did you kill lol. Just playing.
    Have a good day today

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

21. I'll drop you a note. LOL

The Crosley makes me look big, you got to love a car that makes you look big especially when you are built like us, small and wiry. LOL

22. Xtrom

Xtrom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Forman, ND

2017 was a busy year with the trailer. 20170528_125842.jpg IMG_1381.JPG IMG_2180.JPG 20170110_191319.jpg IMG_0354.JPG IMG_0716.JPG IMG_5433.JPG IMG_1599.JPG

Attached Files:

23. Rusty.I am glad to hear that.Bruce.

24. F&J great story about the raccoons I have raised 4 of them over the years and they make great pets. The vet told me you just have to keep them off the raw meat .Feed them dry dog food. Bruce.

F&J likes this.
  25. Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
  26. F&J

F&J

yep that color me gone sure does..
    that black 64 galaxie...total badass! no matter the state of it, or condition, right?

27. That color me gone was a bad bama jama. and you are absolutetly correct, that galaxie is bad to the bone raw broken or otherwise.

F&J likes this.
  28. Marcia

Marcia

Pinstriper40 and F&J like this.