Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects What did YOU pay

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by billytschopshop, Jun 27, 2010.

1. Yep, I agree. This being the Internet, nobody was asked directly anyway. I can understand a few "I don't tell" replies, but after that there's some saying about a dead horse that applies. I guess it's ingrained in some people that asking is rude and some like to be crotchety about it.

2. R Frederick

R Frederick
    from illinois

That's not even a straight answer, two point four zero zero dollars?? And how much carpentry work?? That would be money on the table, no??:D My wife knows what I paid for mine, I just don't have to ask permission when I order parts - as long as food gets on the table.

3. Asphalt Outlaw Hero

Asphalt Outlaw Hero
    from Dixie

I paid more than wanted and less than what it is worth........

4. Jalopy Jim

Jalopy Jim

my 54F100 project: I paid way more than what it was worth, Spent lot more than I should have, and it will still take a truck load of money and time to finish it. But the experience of the build is beyond a price.

jim h

5. Jalopy Jim

Jalopy Jim

my 54F100 project: I paid way more than what it was worth, Spent lot more than I should have, and it will still take a truck load of money and time to finish it. But the experience of the build is beyond a price.

jim h

6. slammed

slammed

My avatar pix ('61) paid $2000.00 in '97.

7. dragsta

dragsta
    BANNED

i paid $650 for my truck (see my icon) but at the time i thought it was too much. i paid $125.00 for THIS today. motersickles count right? :D

Attached Files:

8. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

dragsta nice p/u and the kwackersocki for $125 is a steal to good all around bike

9. dragsta

dragsta
    BANNED

captianjunk: we think alike. lol.... do you know what model kawi this is? i didn't look at it very closely. for that price it didn't much matter. lol... i'm hoping it's at least a 750cc. the previous owner said that "it runs".

10. Fatbob309

Fatbob309

Paid nothing for my 65 Mustang and nada for my 54 f100. The Mustang was a gift for my 13th birthday. the 54 has been in my gramp back yard for 30 years. I got it when he died.
    Im selling off my rock crawler to build the truck.

11. weim55

weim55

I bought this '60 buick LeSabre at the HAMB Drags swap meet last year for $1,700. It's a one owner car that had been sitting in a garage locally since 1975. The straightest most rust free '60 I've ever seen. Original paint too! It does need alot of work to see the road though. The goal is to have it running and driving reliable and safe for a total cash outlay of $4,000 including the purchase price. I've been working on it feverishly and hope to have her running for the first time in 35 years by the end of July. I'll let you know how it goes.

Steve weim55 Colorado

Attached Files:

12. Satinblack

Satinblack

Damn I never ever heard that asking how much something cost was bad manners..............How much was that haircut? How much were those shoes? How much was that car?

Seems to me thats how one gets realistic values and costs. Besides that I dont think the question was just cost but the build to, more of a way to get a story if there was one, least thats the way I read it

13. Cool.

14. Brendan1959

Brendan1959

I paid $4.5K for the old A and have probably doubled it to get to picture number 1.
    I love to know what things cost, then I know how much cash I will need to get one.

Attached Files:

15. jernlee

jernlee

no shit:d

16. 10bucks

10bucks

I'm sure by now I coulda bought 3 of em running, but what fun is that?

Is it worth what I got in it?:eek: Hell no but what fun is that.

If your interested in cars for value I'm sure theres at least 3 used car dealers within a mile of where your at. But if you want something to Stimulate your mind and life a little.........how do you put a value on that this day and age?:D

Dragsta, cool bike. In the fuzzy pic is that a 4 way flasher just right of center on the bar? LTD? KZ900 or KZ1000? displacement in cc's on the right front of the Jug Cyl 4.:confused:

17. greasemunkee

greasemunkee
    from San Diego

Paid $1500 for my 28 Roadster. Hoping to get her on the road for around $5000. Been doing good trading here and there to get what I need, so most of the drive train is there. Just got to massage it all together.
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 29, 2010
  18. jernlee

jernlee

Damn nice chevy

19. deto

deto

Had a 49 chevy and the U bolts for the rear axle broke on the freeway. Armed with an insurance check and too many magazine subscriptions that over used the letter "K" i bought a 52 chevy. Blinded by a running car in front of me, i paid 7500. The clip was wrong, the wheels were wrong, the interior, POWER BUCKET SEATS, tilt column, leopard print package tray cover, all wrong.

Then I wised up and started throwing that crap in a dumpster. I have another 6k in it so far, with the chop being the best decision I made.

I'll try to put up the ugly duckling pic when I bought it in my album.

20. greasemunkee

greasemunkee
    from San Diego

The 30 Coupe has set me back a bit, but it's all been worth it.
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

21. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

I gambled big time on mine. I got it for what I thought was a smoking deal coz the previous owner thought the motor was blown. He had invested all the big dollars in paint, chrome, and interior but wasnt a mechanic. All he knew was it quit running while he was driving and wouldnt start.

Stabbed a dizzy out of an old junk motor and it fired right up. BUT that was a gamble and I won.

Or at least I think I did. My friends all lie and tell me I did, too.

I paid far less than it would have cost me to make the car what it is and I wouldnt sell it for more than its worth now. Its not the fastest, slowest, longest, or lowest but damn if you dont see one coming the other way on the road.

22. 57tony31

57tony31
    from Woods

1,500 for the 57 it ran when i picked it up.Around 18 years ago :D

Attached Files:

23. jernlee

jernlee

Thats the way I read it. Hell if you dont ask and new to it then how will you ever know. Alot of times I ask things to see if I can afford it and that way I wont waste no ones time.
    be cool
    jerry

24. 35desoto

35desoto

I offered my father in law a broken pitch fork for his daughter as a dowry and he laughed - told me I could have her for free.

Does this count?????

25. 35desoto

35desoto

By the way - Still got all three
    Wife
    Father in law
    and the bloody broken pitch fork !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

26. TrannyMan

TrannyMan

cost is like a festering wound.....

27. 1320/150

1320/150

Unless they look good for what they weigh,or their age? If you are paying to much for your stuff,I guess you would get offended!!

I simply don't tell anyone what I pay for stuff so I don't get stuck in a hole when I try to sell it...

I paid 2,000 for a 64 chevelle four door put 900.00 into the car (cosmetics). I went against my religion of keeping my mouth shut about price. This guy I never met in my life laughed,and said I was out of my mind. I sold the car a week later for a grand more than I had into it. :D

28. x2!!!

29. Crystal Blue

Crystal Blue

If I would have bought my 32 when I was -17,
    it would have been real cheap. :D