Register now to get rid of these ads!

what did you get done today

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 4rod, Mar 2, 2013.

1. Got the electrical done for my new 10 H.P. compressor motor.

I"ll soon be seriously blastin some shit!

Oldmics

2. Nothing, took the day off. Layed around like a slob. Hit it hard tomorrow.

3. AllSteel36

AllSteel36
    from California

Wired up and fired my flatty!

Eff-en-yee-effen-haw!!~

4. trollst

trollst

Building a 28 chrysler coupe, got a 28 plymouth clutch pedal, cut it apart, rewelded and bent it into a brake pedal, made a mount on the frame for an early 80's chev pickup non power master, after drilling the mount and brackets full of hot rod holes, tacked it all into place. Took me all friggin day.

5. kinda off topic, but I am rebuilding a 1964 Aladdin 15 foot trailer to pull behind my 53 Dodge Truck.

Attached Files:

6. today...I went to church in the morning...then put on my grubs and then out to my man cave and sanded some on the bondo on the roof of the coupe, then mixed up another batch of body filler and got the last (I hope!) coat smeared on the coupe roof...taking a week off to get the bodywork done and in primer by the end of this week....and painted by months end...going to Speedweek in August..:eek:

Attached Files:

7. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Went shopping at the bone yard. Got a pair of wheels. Funniest thing I saw all day was a sign on a taxicab. Y'know, it's bad enough they charge these rates, they expect you to check the tires too?

[​IMG]

8. j hansen

j hansen

Look what the postman brought with him today
    For the De Soto NOS Brake Lining Kit+NOS Carb Kit.
    For the Dodge NOS Hood Latch
    Happy days!!!!!

Attached Files:

9. oldpl8s

oldpl8s

Are those trophies from each conquest?

10. Barn Find

Barn Find
    from Missouri

I sanded the paint off of the tire shop decals.

[​IMG]

11. HotRodHighley

HotRodHighley
    from cincy, oh

Sunday was a perfect day to have the garage doors open here in Cincy. I got my Model A coupe body sandblasted (outside of course) and a project sedan body in primer we are working on.

12. ramrod36

ramrod36
    from Upstate NY

Let's see---------Saturday had breakfast with buddies from the club then went to check out one of the guy's progress on his Dodge truck. Then talked the wife into a road trip two hours out with the destination being a 57 Dodge pick up. Had brain fade and bought it (like I need another one). Sunday went to church then hung out with my son ,grandsons and granddaughter while the wives went to a jewelry party. Seems like everytime I buy an old vehicle or parts the wife buys jewelry(like she needs more of it). (My solution is to buy her another jewelry box!) So did I accomplish anything? Yes - I had a great time with my friends, a fantastic road trip with my wife and granddaughter, and time to be cherished with my son and grandkids. Next week I will get out to the garage to make room for the newest acquistion.

13. Last night I finally won in the battle of man verses 1932 Ford windshield frame rubber,,surprising how something that seems so simple can be so exasperating!

Hopefully this evening I can get the frame installed back in the sedan.HRP

Last edited: Mar 12, 2013
  14. Muttley

Muttley

Finally finished:

[​IMG]

15. Are you sure about that, Muttley :D?

Attached Files:

16. PMCS my Humvee, day dreamed about building my Model A, drooled on my self, day dreamed some more, the did paper work on an out dated form had to re do it ...... day dreamed some more....now on here soon going to bed then repeat tomorrow all over again

17. I got the lead work done on the quarter panel of the 70 Roadrunner Im restoring for a customer!!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 15, 2013
  18. Muttley

Muttley

Yes, I'm sure. It's flimsy enough the way it is now. :eek: :D

19. I wet sanded and painted the doors on the Henry J today, put the car up on ramps to drop the trans too.

20. Fenders

Fenders

One more winter job on the coupe here in Taxachusetts, started the bob on the rear fenders...

Attached Files:

21. Dane

Dane
    from Soquel, CA

New life to a Mopar 8.75"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Added a brushed finish to a stainless column

[​IMG]

22. tired of working and went to fargo for stereo for car, homefoam, and peel and seal used my veterans discount at lowes, and a whole bunch of other woodworking stuff to use on cars like liquid adhesive , chunk of metal for my floor , some jam nuts from Menards
    got some chop saw blades and tow rope at HF
    my life is now complete and back to work tomorrow on the car got the air bags hooked up after my e bay fitting showed up, hard to build cars in the Hinterlands:eek:

time to finish the cruise controll tomorrow:rolleyes:

23. Engine and trans back in the 32 after under paint. Bolted parts on toward driving in 17 days. Cant wait!

24. aircoup

aircoup

manufactured some louvers to cut into my 31 coupe cowl gotta get some air in there this summer

25. Fedcospeed

Fedcospeed

Buffalo Motorama prep work.Like a 2nd job.

26. Greaser Bob

Greaser Bob

Got my bonded title application approved for processing-keeping my fingers crossed!!

27. gwarren007

gwarren007

Put some swirl port 305 heads on a 307 for the wifes GMC.

28. Welded both quarters on the T bird project. Major progress! Gonna try to squeeze in an hour or two on my stude section.

29. bpawl

bpawl
    from Aurora, TX
    1. 57-60 Ford F100s

mounted the computer from my 5.0 swap behind the dash of my fairlane and tucked the wires.