Register now to get rid of these ads!

What did you drive to work today?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by stubbsrodandcustom, Dec 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NEWFISHER

NEWFISHER
    from Oregon

My wife called last night out with the girlfriends and said her battery seemed dead, got a jump and I drove her 2009 Tahoe with heated leather and XM to work to charge -test and probobly replace the battery. I'm spoiled today. I think im going to just drive around at lunch with the seat heaters at full ass blast.

2. stubbsrodandcustom

stubbsrodandcustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Spring tx

I drive the thick of it on 1960 every day and yeah its pretty crazy for sure these days in houston

3. banjeaux bob

banjeaux bob
    from alaska

It's -45 here in Fairbanks this morning.I'll be driving my 1983 Ford LTD fullsize staion wagon.The heater works as well as it can.I'm still wearing bunny boots,fleece vest,hoodie,facemask hat,black lined Carhart coveralls,and mitts...just in case she quits along the way or somebody else does!

4. Mike

Mike

It was 38 degrees at my house here in Phoenix when I left for work at 5:00am. I drove my Deuce Tudor with no side windows and no heat today.

It was colder yesterday, maybe 32 degrees, I drove my 1960 Mk I Jaguar sedan with windows but no heat. It took nearly 10 minutes to get that Jag 6 cyl started.

5. MATACONCEPTS

MATACONCEPTS
    BANNED

California does have cold nights. It was 36 degrees this morning & yeah its cold in the A. I had to put the Hood sides on to hopefully get some heat.

Attached Files:

6. '64 Impala SS. I drive it every day as it's the only thing I got...

7. Paul Y

Paul Y

If that was mine I would drive it 24 hours a day, every day. Nice.

P.:D

8. MATACONCEPTS

MATACONCEPTS
    BANNED

Yeah, I try to, but work & sleep get in the way

9. Hemingway once said that the coldest winter he ever spent was a summer in San Francisco. I guess it depends on where you are, I have driven and riden icy roads in the Red Wood Hills (above Red Wood City) after leaving Sam Mateo in 60 degree weather. California is the land of contradiction. I rode Donner Pass behind a Greyhound bus just before they started requiring chains and dropped ino to the valley @ 80 degrees. :D

10. I can't even fathom 45 much less minus 45, :eek:

11. 1976 Ford F100, 302, 4 barrel with manual choke. Mid 20 degrees this morning, and it fired up the first time and stayed running. :D

12. young'n'poor

young'n'poor
    from Anoka. MN

I work nights but ill be driving my 2007 crown vic. I keep getting as far as starting the galaxie but I chicken out at the last minute. It's only a 3.5 mile round trip to and from work for me so hear doesn't matter, it's the salt. I already have enough rust to fix!

13. Grumbler

Grumbler

2006 F-150 Supercrew and living in the PNW my WIPERS kick ass!!!!

14. I was thawing water injection lines in the oil patch in SE kansas once @ 40 below -60 wind chill. Coldest day on record or some such. It was so cold that it made your skin hurt and you eyes would water then freeze on your cheeks. I can't imagine looking forward to that every winter.

I actually had a chance to do social work with the Inuit up in the shield in the '80s. Looked like it would have been a pretty good paid adventure. I passed, I hate the cold. :eek:

15. 57countrysedan

57countrysedan
    from NY

Drove my 57 like i do everyday! Does get chilly with no heat and trying to use the vent window to defog gets old when its raining. Drive my car everyday everywhere. Mainly because its my only car! Gota love ny weather

16. 4 degrees here this AM..and I only work when they call me now. No work till after Christmas.
    I'd be driving my old 46 chevy 1/2 ton 4X4 but I sold it....damn, wish I had it now!

Attached Files:

17. size 12 rockey work boot, its only 200 feet to the salt mine from my front door. its about 45 deg. this morning should be up to 55 this afternoon

18. 5w32

5w32

04 gmc duramax, good for snow!

Attached Files:

19. VonKool13

VonKool13

Today was my off topic daily. But just 2 yrs ago I could drive my 58 edsel. That baby has a heater that blows better than my newer cars. Soon I plan to get another on topic daily. It will have heat or I will be installing heat. I hate to be cold. I can do without air.

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

20. Devin

Devin
    from Napa, CA

It's in the low 40shere in the North Bay Area and compared to some of you, if I said it was cold here I'd be a poontang grande. My chevy truck has a sensor out so I got a ride to work in my wife's Tahoe with heated seats today :)

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

21. MATACONCEPTS

MATACONCEPTS
    BANNED

It's funny, On a Model A trans you could feel that even the gear oil needs to warm up.

22. Drove my one owner '90 Suburban with 312,000+ miles on it. Heater works good.

23. ratster

ratster

drive my 27 essex everyday, its all i have to drive right now. lucky me :)

24. 58 wagon

58 wagon
    from tucson,az

I drive this everyday of course the top is back on now

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

Attached Files:

25. my 61 bel air, just like every other day. the heat works great, and it starts just fine in the cold. not "alaska" cold, just "minnesota" cold. i did grow up in fairbanks, so i do remember -45!

26. i will be driving a 2003 Chevy Silverado to work in a couple hours

27. Dane

Dane
    from Soquel, CA

My fuzzy bunny slippers... :D

28. orphan auto

orphan auto

whats work?

58 Buick Super to breakfast count?

29. TexasDart

TexasDart

my 97 F150....didn't even turn on the heater. But I may go dust off the Dart and go cruise around.

30. Is that something you buy at Starbucks?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.