Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical What did you do today?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Daniels Auto Repair, Jul 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Do I see a parachute release on your halo bar? :cool:

Deuces and mad mikey like this.
  2. The car doesn't appear to have a chute on the rear. HRP

[​IMG]

chryslerfan55, Deuces and chevy57dude like this.
  3. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

I have to ask why the halo is so far back?

Deuces and Dick Stevens like this.
  4. The halo is back a bit, after tying several different mock ups this worked out better. Its kinda like Racer x's cage in his coupe.

chevy57dude and Deuces like this.
  5. HRP. That is a old pic, I have had a functional chute on for about 3 years now.

6. Steve. I have had the functional chute on for about 3 years now. 8 foot canopy spec to I think 160-170 mph. Works really good, saves the brakes and has not lifted the cars rear on release. But doe's give a pretty good jerk to ya. But that would be normal.;)

7. Love to see that action shot!

mad mikey likes this.
  8. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

image.jpeg Got some big and littles mounted on my painted center chrome wheels, for my 31.

chryslerfan55, swade41, Lil32 and 6 others like this.
  9. Black_Sheep

Black_Sheep

image.jpg
    My wife is a compulsive cleaner, she sweeps the garage and I let her.

Working on a new headliner for the ‘58 tonight...

10. Deuces

Deuces

Problem is... I'm having a hard time getting in an' out the damn thing... Must be the old age thing.... Guess I'm gonna have to get used to it.... :cool::rolleyes:

11. Sent the most expensive email I ever made today.
    On Monday I interviewed for a teaching gig for a major auto manufacturer. Two weeks earlier, I was asked if I would email a resume. I giggled and sent my simple one page resume. No fluff, just facts I figured that would be the end, A week later, I was asked to complete an online IQ and personality evaluation along with a recorded interview answering pre prepared questions from the auto manufacturer. Again I figured this was the end. A few days after, I was asked if I would come in for a face to face interview at the manufacturers HQ. I was asked to do a classroom presentation before a team of evaluators and instructors. I guess I did ok because an offer was made on Wednesday. They offered much more money than my current teaching job but would require moving 900 miles. Unfortunately my grandmother passed away the same night as I was considering this opportunity. Lots of things to consider the most important was how much was family worth, how much was the title of this new job worth. (My ego)
    Front porch homemade ice cream with family. Spur of the moment parts/car runs with friends and family. 40+ people at the house for thanksgiving......not to mention uprooting my youngest from school and asking the wife to leave family and friends as well. This week went from super high to super low with a lot of grown up type decisions and evaluating. So today I sent a 6 figure email to stay at home.

PS. Still haven’t picked up the 62 Chevy. Looking for a hiding place

Last edited: Mar 29, 2019
  12. Moon50F3

Moon50F3

^^^Good for you, man. Sometimes the big bucks offer just isn’t the right thing to do. I passed on one once. Don’t regret it.

Pat

lumpy 63, Deuces, mad mikey and 2 others like this.
  13. UNSHINED 2

UNSHINED 2

20190329_192428.jpg 20190329_192409.jpg 20190329_192428.jpg Made a new shift knob for the Unibody....

14. If your family is close and that important to you, I think you made the right decision. The reason I feel I can comment on this, because my son is going through the exact opposite situation, where he has an excellent, high paying job in Vancouver, and has to commute to work because his fiancee is required to be close to work, and it is impossible for her to commute.
    He would even take a lower paying job, but when you break atoms for a living, there aren't many places available. He is trapped into working in the city by his job.
    I hope you are happy with your decision.
    Bob.

15. My son was visiting, and we completely rebuilt a classic O/T engine for him. We didn't work on our trucks, he has a sb powered International 1/2 ton, but we did do some planning for when the garage is done this summer.
    Bob

Deuces likes this.
  16. This was an north east coast job offer. I can imagine the cost of living there is slightly higher than central Bama.
    I also couldn’t imagine what it would take to relocate all my projects. About 12 rides and parts + tools. Or just have a big moving sale (wife would support a herd thinning) Can’t see giving up building stuff.
    Wonder if the DMV would stroke if I tried to register my short bus.
    One thing I have observed in my quest for the meaning of life is ..... why do people/couples work so hard to live in big cities? The title of a (incert big auto maker) instructor is not worth missing family and friends

Last edited: Mar 29, 2019
  17. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

Absolutely, there are much more important things in life than making money! I think it is good that you, apparently, understand that!

chryslerfan55 and anthony myrick like this.
  18. It was an absolute honor to have this opportunity. The people involved with the hiring process was phenomenal.
    Just not the best fit at this time

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  19. David Gersic

David Gersic
    from DeKalb, IL

Good call on that decision. I made a similar one a few years ago. Family first. The rest will sort itself out.

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

20. David Gersic

David Gersic
    from DeKalb, IL

A trip to the local Hazard Fraught for a magnetic base and a box of their 9 mil nitrile gloves. Cleaned up an eBay Mitutoyo dial indicator. With base + indicator, checked cam lift, before putting the valvetrain back together. Hoping to fire up the engine this weekend.

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

21. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

image.jpeg Put together Limeworks hood strap kit.

22. RMONTY

RMONTY

Trying to get a roof and siding on the shop addition. 20190329_154519.jpg

23. Black_Sheep

Black_Sheep

I got the headliner project wrapped up this afternoon... 55627721_2082070568497080_8479229421943783424_n.jpg

24. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

Cutting up a dead freezer that is in the basement,I have no idea on how it got down there but all I know is I am not going to take it out that way so its coming out in pieces. Killed all my batteries so time for beer and food break,the lid will make many patch panels so its going behind the garage

Attached Files:

chryslerfan55, 61Cruiser and Deuces like this.
  25. UNSHINED 2

UNSHINED 2

Looks nice! I bet that brightens up the inside of the cab a bit.

26. ROADSTER1927

ROADSTER1927

Got the seat and the fuel tank out of my ramp truck to clean the fuel tank, Quite a projeck with it kinda rusty hardware! Gary

27. @anthony myrick -
    You know you did the right thing. Next year, the Queen and I will be empty nesters. Our son is a rarity these days, same school district since pre k. He's known no other home than here. Working in Baltimore, a guy was shocked when I told him a few years back my kid would ride his dirt bike to friend's houses by himself. "Aren't you scared someone will grab him?" My reply : ''well he carries a gun''. No further questions!
    Nothing like country living.

28. WTF really

WTF really

Got a great deal on a 34 tank to find out the truck is different than the car. Oh well guess that's why we have torches and welders rite? 20190330_163842.jpg

29. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

Did some swap meet shopping today and then some old car snooping
    IMG_8210.JPG IMG_8212.JPG IMG_8214.JPG IMG_8217.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

30. lumpy 63

lumpy 63

Finished sanding the 57 to bare metal today and got a coat of sealer on it :D Now its time for bodywork and blocking...endless blocking...gonna be black:cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.