Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical What did you do today?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Daniels Auto Repair, Jul 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. My wife reciently had a Hip replacement Sugery. I took her to PT. Before I left I sold a Rams Horn chevy exhaust manifold. and This afternoon sold a 66 chevy long bed project truck. That sale put me over the hump to buy some acreage Ive been wanting to buy. Now I can pay cash for it.

RICH B, zz29, seb fontana and 7 others like this.
  2. Moved some of my hub caps off of my honey's daffodils today.... ebaystuff 359.jpg

3. That was yesterdays post. Today I got up early and drove 40 miles to buy a non op troy built tiller $35. when I was there I also bought a vintage hand pump for gear oil $10. Back in the day the gas stations used them. they would crank the handle counterclockwise. then clockwise to put the gear oil into your trans or differential. They charged you for a 1/2 pound of lube fore every cycle. then I cut and hauled a load of firewood on my 66 GMC. Its got cold here in the Ozark foothills. Its tiller & grease bucket 001.JPG tiller & grease bucket 002.JPG tiller & grease bucket 003.JPG tiller & grease bucket 004.JPG down in the twenties and had a dusting of snow this AM.

chryslerfan55 and swade41 like this.
  4. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Ive helped cut a few loads and threw it on old trucks like that when I was a kid....looks like you may need to finish cuttin that one;).....best I can remember the chevies didnt hold up a big load too good with the coils but the GMCs may have been better with the leaf springs??? without researching it Im not sure what the details were concerning when the trailing arms with the coils started and/or GMC vs Chevy.

chryslerfan55 and Old wolf like this.
  5. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Removed the cylinder head on my avatar. Didn't like what I saw after October El Mirage. Called a few manufactures concerning ring packages and ordered some parts. Weather is good so the pan will come off tomorrow and maybe take out the Pistons.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  6. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Today I scratch-built a complete cooling system for a automatic failover-redundant deep machine learning prototype supercomputer, that drives a car, in rush-hour traffic, better than any Human.

classiccarjack likes this.
  7. patzfab

patzfab
    from Canada

Nothing HAMB Friendly unfortunately. There is an 02 Harley F150 that’s 2” closer to the ground though, and I picked up a unisteer for a 31 CC Model A pickup

zz29 likes this.
  8. In 63 almost all GMC trucks had the rear leaf springs. and the chevys almost all had trailing arms until 72. However a few GMCs had the trailing arms and a few chevys had the rear leaf springs. We have a 70 and a 72 chevy with rear leaf springs. green firewood is very heavy one rick is a big enough load. We consider a stack 4 feet wide 4 feet tall and 8 ft long a full cord. A rick is about a third of that. 18 inches wide 4 feet tall and 8 ft long.

chryslerfan55 and low budget like this.
  9. lonejacklarry

lonejacklarry
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well, I shot powdered graphite into a sticky dead bolt lock on my garage door! Who's the man now?

10. Drove around the State looking at enclosed trailers.:confused:

11. Mark, You don't need a box, you drive your cars. HRP

12. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Got all the dash parts in primer. :)

13. That is true, but highway driving over 3 or 4 hours is challenging with the 4:11’s in the roadster & 3:78’s in the coupe. I do like the way both cars perform right now. Would like to do some shows down South etc.. Plus it will free up some floor space for another project.

Sent from my iPad using H.A.M.B.

14. My beam came in so I picked that up and got it into the garage, I did a lot of preplanning on how to get it off the trailer, across the deck and into the garage and it all went pretty smoothly. I almost felt like I could build a pyramid there for awhile, until the aches caught up with me, then I just stuck to riding the couch..ha
    Soon there'll be more workspace in that garage.
    20181114_113137.jpg 20181114_154324.jpg

15. More room for another project, I like the idea. HRP

ct1932ford and chryslerfan55 like this.
  16. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

[​IMG]

lonejacklarry and chryslerfan55 like this.
  17. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

Got tired of when moving something around, it would always fall in the void in the roll around dollies. So I added wood to them. all 8 of them this past Sunday, two like shown and 6 home made ones.

swade41 and chryslerfan55 like this.
  18. I mostly use these under the car tires when jockeying them around in the garage, I'd be afraid they might slip out being flat on top.
    I guess a person could add a piece of wood to the bottom to keep that feature though.

stanlow69 likes this.
  19. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

What is the beam gonna support?

20. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

$100.00 HF 6.5 hp engine will bolt right on that roto tiller..

21. Drove the '50 coupe arond the block for the first time, it's running & driving but still needs more work. HRP

22. The37Kid

The37Kid

First snow fall for the season added an hour and 15 minutes to the ride home, shoveled the drive and walkway, made a fire in the wood stove. Freezing rain now, no motivation to work on any projects. Bob

swade41 likes this.
  23. patzfab

patzfab
    from Canada

C7866F0B-F409-4383-B9D7-418428D4E690.jpeg CCFF79BA-104C-4F76-903A-FDAB5D74F992.jpeg Moved the sump on a 426 Hemi 8” to the rear of where it was. Just welding now. It is to clear the x member in a 51 Merc.

UNSHINED 2 and classiccarjack like this.
  24. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Spent a couple of hours taking a piece that fastens to the back of a Chevy truck (51) speedometer to change the reading of the speedometer when you shift the 2 speed rear axle only to find that it had been melted in and under dash wiring fire. That is the back half donor cab for my stretched cab so tomorrow weather permitting the saw comes out.

25. HemiDave

HemiDave
    from Austin, TX

Wow, 426 Hemi in a 51 Merc! That's gonna be awesome!

I moved my 31 roadster body and frame to the new shop. Tomorrow move a 61 Econoline pickup there.

Dave

26. That's a good price. however I likely can get the 8 Hp Koler engine that's already on it running. Its a electric start engine and uses points and a coil hooked to a battery for ignition.. I have a real old troy built with a 4 hp briggs engine. its pretty much wore out. Today I gotta go pull a steering sector from a 64 chev truck for a customer.

27. topher5150

topher5150

Can't find my instruction sheet for my chassis engineering front shock kit for my 47 Ford.... If anyone has one sitting around

Sent from my XT1710-02 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

28. Pinstriper40

Pinstriper40

I got the front sheetmetal back together on the '47 Ford, and mocked up it's new grille, too! 20181116_161554_HDR.jpg

29. The37Kid

The37Kid

Todays goal is to fill the car with unwanted stuff for a Monday dump run, bit tired of the stuff I'll never use. Bob

Last edited: Nov 18, 2018
    Early Ironman likes this.
  30. Just finished cleaning my shop area, after a few projects last week.:cool: Now I am here!:p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.