Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical What did you do today?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Daniels Auto Repair, Jul 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lil32

Lil32

accidentally deleted myself from HAMB
    has taken three days to figure out how to relink onto Hamb under old user name
    and not lose my years of history on site
    welcome back ???

Jet96, mnjeff, Deuces and 3 others like this.
  2. lumpy 63

lumpy 63

Finished breaking in - tuning 350 roller motor on test stand, my bud Butch did some more work on my 37 door glass , drivers side regulator a little F..ed up but should be resolved tomorrow . Helped my bud Dave with the rocker panel replacement on his 64 C10. Oh yeah also went to lunch at local BBQ joint with my wife . Good Day:D

UNSHINED 2 likes this.
  3. UNSHINED 2

UNSHINED 2

Among other things that I didnt get pics of, Max Gearhead and I went and picked up a 23T coupe/roadster starter kit 20180818_173139.jpg

Max finished putting the top of my Yblock together and I taped and prepped the firewall and inside of the hood to my Unibody. I also scrubbed my bellhousing and 3spd for the Unibody and got them painted and ready for install....

Stogy, swade41 and Max Gearhead like this.
  4. Deuces

Deuces

Getting ready for breakfast at Leo's in Dearborn and then heading to Ford World Headquarters for the annual Mustang Memories and old Fords car show..... After that, I'm heading up to Woodward Ave to check out some local hotrods that are still hanging around from yesterday's cruise....
    Should be a fun day..... :) I hope!

5. jazz1

jazz1

fixed my umbrella....sets into bumper so it won't blow away. Discovered the weak link. Sleeved a piece of exhaust with the original plastic tube after welding on tabs. fullsizeoutput_95c.jpeg fullsizeoutput_95e.jpeg Falcon Heights-20130622-00473.jpg IMG-20130622-00492.jpg

saltflats, j-jock, low budget and 3 others like this.
  6. UNSHINED 2

UNSHINED 2

20180819_150056.jpg 20180819_150147.jpg 20180819_150044.jpg Firewall and inside the hood are painted.....time for a new paint gun.....it was a struggle.

Chavezk21, j-jock, 62rebel and 3 others like this.
  7. 1934coupe

1934coupe

Glad you asked! I like eating as much as I like Hot Rods , so naturally I gravitated towards cooking and I'm pretty awesome if I can brag. So I made Rigatoni Bolognese today, I adjusted this recipe added some ingredients and voila. A bottle of vino and 4 hours later. It takes only minutes to eat but hours to cook.
    I am the cook at my space at the Rhinebeck swap meet.

https://enthusiasts.ciachef.edu/lasagna-alla-bolognese/

Pat

Deuces, David Gersic and TTR like this.
  8. Brenda & I took the old beater by my pal Daves yesterday and after owning the car for more that 30 years we have decided to install a interior and wadded through several books of material and carpet.

This just happened without much thought and it looks like within the next couple of months the old sedan is going to receive some love, don't worry the exterior will remain the same, just going to make it a little more comfortable. HRP

9. Finally got something done after weeks of small stuff. My son and I finally lowered the 396/4 speed down into my 65 Corvette. Might be able to finish it before I die after all .

swade41, j-jock, Stogy and 2 others like this.
  10. Nuthin much. tinkered with the Pontiac mill. Watched the cows mow the yard some more. We are still babysetting 4 grandchildren. I think we need to get a new battery for the camera after a charge take 4 pictures and it quits working. One of the free potbelly pigs I got a few weeks ago has farrowed. She is way back under a school bus. I seen one black with white shoulder stripe piglet. A mother pig is a vicious dangerious beast. I aint about to crawl under there!

UNSHINED 2 and Deuces like this.
  11. choptop40

choptop40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Took a long drive with my youngest daughter...she's a treasure,,,

UNSHINED 2 likes this.
  12. UNSHINED 2 likes this.
  13. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Cool umbrella!, truck and pic in general. I also like the old school lookin "Red" 55 hardtop and 61 in the background
    (I am imagining an old school 70s look on the 55 and 61 anyway from what I can see:D)
    [​IMG]

14. X-cpe

X-cpe

That's the only kind of mower we had as kids. Dad said he needed the exercise. Only exercise he got was chasing us kids out of the house to cut the grass.

saltflats, Old wolf and Stogy like this.
  15. leon bee

leon bee

I made myself a custom bead breaker. Had a shovel shaped pipe scrap. Took about 15 minutes, worked better than anything else so far: DSCN2694.JPG

jazz1, saltflats, Latigo and 3 others like this.
  16. Got my new aluminum overflow tank in place. I machined up a bracket to mount it to the inner fender, a little overkill but it looks great. I'll snap some pictures, was dodging the rain all weekend. Also replaced my long-leaking brake line at the master, used that fancy copper stuff, went pre-made so no flaring was required. Got a little help for the bleeding process.

UNSHINED 2 likes this.
  17. 62rebel

62rebel

Beat a lot of sheet metal into submission and posted it on the Jag IFS/IRS forum. It's starting to look like a car at last.

UNSHINED 2 likes this.
  18. Tire fixing and mounting & dismounting day. Also cleaned and polished a set of late model 16 ford pickup chrome rims. SOS pad and chrome polish & elbow grease! Gonna list them on the Facebook Yard sale. Im over run with tires and wheels that I bought at the hubcap jct auction. I need to sell some of the plunder to recoup my money.

19. Got my old 48 Ford flathead to run, albeit badly. Still have bugs to work out but at least I know it runs and has good oil pressure.

UNSHINED 2 likes this.
  20. I made some model A headlight stands to fit behind the grill of my 41 Chevy p/u. I did a short test drive with the lights duct taped in place and it didn't seem to bad, so I'm moving forward with the idea. The photo is with them duct taped so they are not adjusted at all. 20180820_151204.jpg 20180820_153959.jpg 20180821_235944.jpg 20180819_210851.jpg

JOYFLEA likes this.
  21. CudaChick1968

CudaChick1968

I started bodywork on one of the more rare and desirable parts to ever cross my bench. In pretty decent shape for its age, it will be restored and custom coated in a fantastic silver with black accents. 20180821_145143.jpg
    Of course this end faces forward ... yikes. I can fix that. :D
    20180821_145413.jpg .

Last edited: Aug 24, 2018
    Jet96, David Gersic, LAROKE and 2 others like this.
  22. Made up a new brake line... fancy copper stuff. Looks.. eh.. next to the old one. Figured that was my brake leak at the master. Now it seems like the cover is the source of the leak. I have already cleaned everything and tightened the bail. It did it with the OG Speedway cover and my new fancy chrome one. Gasket is the one I started with, but the rubber seems to be a hard compound.

I'm going to trip into town after work and bring the cover in with me, see if they have a better gasket. Master is a Speedway Ford type, disc-drum. It loses fluid at the drum reservoir.

UNSHINED 2 likes this.
  23. 19Eddy30

19Eddy30
    from VA

7E5FF981-6B55-42EE-B7A4-B8C3EC348F8B.png Just picked up New motor & trans combo ,
    Toyota 2JZ gt for my 90 % Origina 1932 Ford sedan
    "" Ultimate Sin""" experiment . I have to change with the times , I built a Dart 427 sbc , New on stand Changing Vale spring ever 3 - 5 mouths getting old & expensive, 10 mpg 100 octane , oil change over $150 every 1,000 miles When you are North of 700 hp , naturally aspirated Driven almost daily ,
    LS Motor & trans combo ,"" $$$ """ some of same issues Where I want to be with HP levels I am at , I am a Hot Rodder , Drag racer that puts the Miles on my cars , So I decided to Install 2JZ . Over 25 mpg
    ,700 hp pump gas 300-400 pound lighter , 30,000-40,000 Trouble free maintenance miles , except for spark plug , I will make my owne Intake ,Exaust headers Still will look like a late 50s -60s build with hood on ,
    Would Like to start aBuild thread , But with Toyota
    Motor Not HAMB friendly & would be Deleted

Latigo likes this.
  24. TrailerTrashToo

TrailerTrashToo

>> "Now it seems like the cover is the source of the leak. "
    I had that leak with my OT 1986 Ford F150. Chased the leak for a few years, I took a hammer and dolly to the master cylinder cover and managed to slow the leak down. Used some straight edges to determine that the center divider between the reservoirs was too high. I eventually recalled reading about defective after market master cylinder covers. I went out to the junk pile, got the cover off of the original master cylinder, put on the newer gasket, and no leaks for the last 3 years.

25. Latigo

Latigo

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg My friend the electrician came over for the weekend. We wired up 220 for the new heater for the shop and extended a line to relocate the welder. Then rode the ski lift up the mountain for lunch. We later worked some magic with the dutch ovens and knocked back a few adult beverages. Good friends, good weekend!

Lil32 and UNSHINED 2 like this.
  26. Gastrap

Gastrap
    from Tama, Iowa

Went through Fords Greenfield Village, and the Piquette Model T factory in Detroit. hopefully be back to getting stuff done on the A next week.
    IMG_20180822_145441798.jpg

Chavezk21, Baumi and UNSHINED 2 like this.
  27. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

When to the H.A.M.B. Drags Saturday.
    Resized_20180818_170639(0)_1266.jpg

28. Baumi

Baumi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Fixed the overdrive on the 55 Chevy tonight. It went bad going home from a little carshow last weekend.
    After checking wiring, the govenor, the relay, the kickdown switch and all the fuses, I found the solenoid didn´t work right, it just opened, closed, opened, closed, and so on. I was glad to have a spare 3 speed with OD trans in my parts stash I could steal the solenoid from, and : taaada!! all is back in business. I spend 50 Euros for the trans, because no one here wants a manual 3 speed OD trans. A new solenoid is 389$ on ebay... tomorrow I will check ou the bad solenoid and see if I can fix it... maybe it´s not that bad at all.

29. Wow; that factory would be a great space to be in; even without the T's.

30. chop job

chop job
    from Wisconsin
    1. WISCONSON HAMBERS

I LIKE THE SEAT.

UNSHINED 2 and Max Gearhead like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.