Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical What did you do today?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Daniels Auto Repair, Jul 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. My youngest sons wife is in the hospital. My son has to work. So we are baby setting 4 grandkids. a girl 5 months a terrible two boy a three year old boy and a four year old boy. And my wife is gone for her monthly get together day with her girlfriends. So im all alone changing diapers, making bottles, refereeing fights and fixing food ect. Its difficult but Im managing. I even find time to play around on the puter

Tomincanada, swade41 and bobss396 like this.
  2. Hot Rod Nut

Hot Rod Nut

Started up a 283 rebuilt engine ,don't know how long it had been setting, 10 years the lady thought, its in a stock ,restored 57 chevy conv chassis and it ran pretty good. 35 lbs oil pressure, set the valves, try the trany, it worked. Made me feel pretty good.

john worden, JOYFLEA and UNSHINED 2 like this.
  3. Gman0046

Gman0046

Sold my 63 Impala to a fellow HAMBer. Made two rodders happy.

Gary

4. UNSHINED 2

UNSHINED 2

Cab mounts are finished, firewall is ready to paint! No pics, nothing glamourous to see from last pics.

Max Gearhead likes this.
  5. Cut Grass!:mad: That is all I have been doing since spending 10 days on the West coast. I missed over six inches of rain and high heat and humidity. Stuff growing like it is on steroids. Oh I did get my front tires back on the coupe, after a flat I changed both tubes. Could not find the cause of the worn spot on one front tube. Put in better quality tubes that the ones I got with the tires.

UNSHINED 2 likes this.
  6. Sucking down smoke from all of the forest fires surrounding us....YECH!

7. What's next Gary? HRP

8. Gman0046

Gman0046

IMG_0121.JPG Danny, the next is a 60 Pontiac Catalina Bubbletop thats super nice. Frame off nut & bolt resto, unblemished black paint, chrome and stainless thats flawless, 65 389 motor thats .030 over, 200R transmission, FI Tech fuel injection, old style Cragars, Vintage Air, new interior. I'm attaching the only pictures I have. Will post more soon after its off the lift. The driveshaft is out being balanced. Its got to be the nicest 60 Bubbletops there is.

Gary BZ9ZYe8lRyqsDB1p8ldKGg.jpg nD7TU3hCTcGF4fX+bUZ9iQ.jpg

Last edited: Aug 15, 2018
    mkebaird, j-jock, bobss396 and 4 others like this.
  9. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

And thanks for sharing, you must have strong fans, PDX has been pretty bad too.

10. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

Went over to a buddy's garage an adjusted his 31A 2t steering box for him,he had no idea how,so was fun to show him.

swade41, alanp561 and UNSHINED 2 like this.
  11. Started cutting grass and quickly discovered a yellowjacket nest in the front yard, Several of them got me before I realized what was going on, I found out I can run faster than I thought!

They are still swarming around the Cub Cadet, I'll move it after they settle down tonight. HRP

Tomincanada and dana barlow like this.
  12. lonejacklarry

lonejacklarry
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Did you check for some sort of sticker on the inside of the tire?. As strange as it sounds they can cause a flat in 50 miles. And did you remember to use talcum powder between the tube and the tire and air it up and let it out several times before finally inflating to specified pressure?

I'm an old motorcycle rider and learned the hard way years ago about tubes. Next time you are in a tire shop ask the kids about talcum powder and watch for the strange look on their faces.

dana barlow and alanp561 like this.
  13. alanp561

alanp561
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Got back home after a two day road trip with my friend, JL, to Pennsylvania to pick up some 36 Ford fenders from fellow Hamber Sawzall. The fenders were for my JL's car which his father bought in 1939. Got to see Sawzall's incredibly beautiful stash of Woodies and his shop where he carves out the wood with his CNC machine. Had a great trip with good weather. Took my friend back to Charlotte and acquired a good 53 Merc motor, 39 top loader and adapter. Got up in Charlotte this morning and headed home feeling that all was right with the world. We should all have days like this.

UNSHINED 2 likes this.
  14. UNSHINED 2

UNSHINED 2

^^^^^^Now THATS livin'^^^^^^^

15. alanp561

alanp561
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

WTF really likes this.
  16. choptop40

choptop40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Went to visit my brother and sister in law...had a great time..haven't seen em in 3 years...

17. HiHelix

HiHelix

began building a fuel cell for my FC

Attached Files:

UNSHINED 2 likes this.
  18. Ordered an aluminum catch can for my radiator overflow. The cheap plastic Dorman ones keep cracking, looks like they are molded too thin on the bottom.

UNSHINED 2 likes this.
  19. turdmagnet

turdmagnet

Finally replaced the exhaust manifold gasket on the Poncho that was leaking. I can drive the car now without getting gassed out . But then discovered my sticking brake pedal/light issue has returned - time for a big ass return spring!!!

Sent from my iPad using H.A.M.B.

UNSHINED 2 likes this.
  20. David Gersic

David Gersic
    from DeKalb, IL

Yesterday: Got the leaking water pump off, and the other stuff that was in the way of getting to the water pump.
    Today: Buy and hopefully install new water pump, and put the other stuff back too.

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

UNSHINED 2 likes this.
  21. Today was spent messing around with headlight location, I'd really like them behind the grill but not sure just how well that would work out. 20180815_202310.jpg 20180816_190148.jpg

22. David Gersic

David Gersic
    from DeKalb, IL

Well, that didn’t work. While the engine is from a 74 Chevelle, it turns out that the water pump is 74 Corvette. The main pump part is the same, but the heater hose outlet is in a different spot. So, trying again tomorrow.

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

swade41 likes this.
  23. When I started up my excavator, I found two nests. The suckers were buzzing around me, so I got the spray and went on a search. One nest was in the instrument cluster, and one in the engine compartment. I don't know why they don't attack me, but I don't get excited around them, maybe that helps. They are in wasp heaven now.
    Bob

24. I had to move some engines over to my storage area, and it was necessary to clean out some blackberry bushes. There were a ton of ripe berries, so it was necessary to eat my way over to the other side of the pallet. I got poked a lot, but it was well worth the effort to get the engines stored properly. There is nothing special about these engines, a big block Chevy truck engine, a 76 Chev 250, a 55 Chev 235, and a 1947 International engine and tranny.
    These all have to either be sold off as is, or scrapped.
    I did some cleaning on my Merc 1 ton. It is stock, and I used to use it as a car hauler. I am going to do some rust repair, and sell it. I love the truck, but need to have less projects.
    Bob

UNSHINED 2 likes this.
  25. Got my new sexy overflow tank, now I'm off to Ace for a couple of fittings... oh boy...

UNSHINED 2 and swade41 like this.
  26. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Loading up for the H.A.M.B. Drags. :D

UNSHINED 2 and swade41 like this.
  27. I don't know anything about photo shop but this is my poor attempt at trying to be creative. HRP

[​IMG]

swade41, j-jock and chop job like this.
  28. UNSHINED 2

UNSHINED 2

Truck is back on all four tires.... 20180817_134810.jpg

Found all my clutch linkage, which is a huge deal!!! Getting a load of stuff from Dennis Carpenter later today, so I'm pretty fired up for that. But tomorrow will be prep for paint day....tapin' and drapin'

j-jock, JOYFLEA and Max Gearhead like this.
  29. Worked on the 56 Pontiac remains. With the fire wrench Got the cowl removed from the frame. Power washed the engine. Pulled the engine. removed the bell housing, clutch and trans. Removed the stuck dist. All in all a fun day playing with tools & junk! I think I will get a beverage and set and watch the cows mow the yard. pontiac eng 012.JPG

Deuces, mkebaird, swade41 and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.