Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical What did you do today?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Daniels Auto Repair, Jul 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ^^^^^that would be a 3 ibuprofen for me for sure! Nice job on the pavers.
    On a cautionary note one should avoid mixing alcohol and ibuprofen according to my VA doc. Screws with the liver I think I recall her saying fwiw.;)

osage orange, blowby and Lil32 like this.
  2. I took a major step backwards on the Grand Prix. I thought I could wait until next year to really lay out the engine compartment, but i am too anal. The only thing done when I bought this car was the engine & trans, but they did a rattle can job when they put it together, so I went from just installing battery cables & Radiator hoses yesterday morning to the picture below today. I have to do it right! I am very glad I went this route, because while taking it apart I found all 3 under hood harnesses were so brittle from being in the Cal Desert it whole life, that they broke in my hands. I ordered all 3 new ones!

On another note, this time at home has enabled me to do things to the trucks & trailers that would not be considered maintenance, but appearance related. I repainted the fenders & trim as well as all new stainless button style bolts. Also replaced the diamond plate front piece all on the enclosed trailer.

God Bless
    Bill
    https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum...ar-transport-hauling-open-or-enclosed.614419/

IMG_20200411_203801423_HDR (800x450).jpg IMG_20200412_073955605_HDR (800x450).jpg IMG_20200413_120512181 (800x450).jpg

Last edited: Apr 13, 2020
  3. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Not a God Damned thing. I am in the Keys with no return date in sight, looking at the three carburetors I have already rebuilt. I am looking on eBay for some more cores to do, but prices are usually way too high. I hope I'm able to get back to Minnesota and my shop before I am faced with having to pay the going rate for a WCFB (or similar) core (hint, hint).

Lil32 likes this.
  4. Swapped out my argon bottle so we can get started putting back together what we cut out Friday...

C51133D3-D08A-43AD-981F-135290C3AE49.jpeg
    522DEC17-051D-4CAC-A5C5-4ACBE4CF9541.jpeg

And, did some social distancing...

BE0B6A81-CF2F-43F6-B85E-0F8A24984078.jpeg

5. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

I removed 8 valve guide from the Crosley block I am porting. A few scared me [doesn't take much] until they popped loose. Decided be better if they not in the way. Intake ports are Siamese, would like to make a divider of some sort to go way in the back to give a little direction/separation from one to the other but hate to have anything come loose and don't know if it would work anyways.

chryslerfan55, Lil32 and blowby like this.
  6. lake_harley

lake_harley

I got my T roadster off the top shelf of my "storage" car lift, put some slightly smaller tires on the front (145's in place of 165's) and drove it a few miles. Felt good, and hardly noticed it was a bit chilly.

Lynn

swade41, Lil32, RICH B and 1 other person like this.
  7. got the drive fixed.......
    DSC02603.JPG

8. Spent some time with my wife, her birthday today, and she was off. Also, out in the garage, making up some pieces for the X-member in my coupe. Shops in town are closed, I was going to have some 1/8" bent up for it. So, I cut some 1-1/2 square tubing on the corners to make 1-1/2 angle. Will be using that to fill in for the bottom flange I cut out, to make room for the 700R4.
    Friend called, he's working on 8BA, and sounds like he has one valve sticking in guide. Loaned him an old Sunnen valve spring compressor I had.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  9. deathrowdave

deathrowdave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from NKy

Bones , I hate them also I’m covered up with White Oak trees . Constant year long work , they are nice once summer finally gets here . After that , the work begins for another year . If I ever move again there will never be a tree near the house !

10. LAROKE

LAROKE

From the BillyBob Shop log

April 14th 2020 Sanded the first coat of Rustoleum International Red paint with 240 grit, using the Dura-Block system. There are a lot of shallow depressions in the roof I didn't see before. I could easily spend another month of filling and block sanding but I am resisting the siren call of perfection. It's good enuf for a farm truck hot rod and we are moving on.

[​IMG]

swade41, chryslerfan55, Lil32 and 5 others like this.
  11. southcross2631

southcross2631

Ran a chain saw from 9 am until 4 pm yesterday trying to help my grandson get his place cleaned up after a tornado landed in his yard Sunday night.
    I am a little sore this morning but I have to go to work and that will work the kinks out.
    Just glad at 70 I can still do things like that.

12. ^^I hope cleaning up was all that is required, many others are worse off. God bless.

j-jock, Dick Stevens and Nicholas Coe like this.
  13. buzz4041

buzz4041
    from Texas

Started on the cutting down of the divider wall on my dual plane intake manifold. Little bit more detail work and she will be good to go. IMG_1155.JPG IMG_1157.JPG

14. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

Dave, I have an arsenal of defense for leaves, a big Agri-Fab leaf vacuum, a sweeper, a cordless 56 volt blower and a home designed leave rake that mounts to my Hustler Zero turn mower! Those leaves don’t have a chance against me and my neighbors! We all just bought new mowers! Five of them, identical!

Bones 973E6E04-4B5E-4D38-A5AF-0D6540384D3B.jpeg 2E50EB9E-A7E7-467D-B36E-454594610AB5.jpeg

Last edited: Apr 14, 2020
    chevy57dude, j-jock, blowby and 4 others like this.
  15. I never worry about leaves. I simply leave them where they fall. After all they are called Leaves. If they bothered me I would just cut the trees down.

16. mnjeff

mnjeff

Is that a Klingon Bird of Prey de-cloaking in the sky in your last picture? Or have I been inside too long....

17. Yesterday I took a crank handle and 1/4 inch socket and removed all the screws holding the Aluminum siding, windows & doors on a 10 X40 house trailer. the roof leaks so its no good for storage. Im tearing it completely down. No more paying taxes on it! Today I need to get another load of firewood. Chance of frost tonite so we need to cover up the tomato plants and other garden stuff that we apparently planted too soon?

chryslerfan55 and Boneyard51 like this.
  18. Lol! I didn’t notice that until you pointed it out. Zooming in on it, appears to be some paper and the bandana I wear when going in to rob (I mean shop) in stores in town now that we have a law that we all have to wear masks in my town. They were laying on my seat and apparently reflected on the windshield. Or, it could be what you mention too. ;)

chryslerfan55 and Old wolf like this.
  19. Alcohol and any pain reliever is a no-no. I drink 2 or 3 beers at any given time anyway. I was under my Ford and noticed I don't hurt as much as I used to. I was having joint pain that kept me from working on the car. I have been taking Osteo Bi-Flex, 2 pills a day and it makes a huge difference. I was slacking on keeping my pill case filled up, but it really helps.

chryslerfan55 and Old wolf like this.
  20. dutchrod

dutchrod

Build a old looking shifter for my t5 and started on the kick panels , wil get dimpled holes and brushed look like the door panels
    A133E959-A921-4A43-9E6C-78D8D8226775.jpeg 8568E1DF-0EB8-4181-9207-8D14991F62C0.jpeg

swade41, trulyvintage, blowby and 8 others like this.
  21. The37Kid

The37Kid

DSCF6231.JPG

Finally got around to putting a coat of stain on the new window for the back of the garage. Not that I've been putting it off for a while, the mixing date on the can was June 1, 2019:rolleyes: Bob

blowby, chryslerfan55, Lil32 and 2 others like this.
  22. Pinstriper40

Pinstriper40

I've been working on this '51 Merc chop... 20200414_135029_HDR.jpg

23. Last edited: Apr 18, 2020
    blowby, chryslerfan55 and Lil32 like this.
  24. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

My son is working on the cab of his 63 Chevy truck. He also complained about fit issues. I am getting ready to help him with brakes.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

25. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Changed the oil on the 37 today and spent the remainder of the day working this block size garden.
    Takes 100 yds of mulch.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 15, 2020
  26. The37Kid

The37Kid

Window is in! At 120lb it is a bit awkward. I set up two folding tables, put a sheet of plywood scrap on top and a 2x4 shim so the outside was level with the sill. Slid the window out, stood it up and pushed in place. Need the header and left casing piece, then it is stain and install the siding, after I get a door jamb. It was good to have it in place and off the garage floor. Bob DSCF6238.JPG

Hamtown Al, blowby, 34 GAZ and 3 others like this.
  27. I made an emergency TP run to Sweetwater. My bil and sil were in trouble

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

28. Our Social security Ponzi check was deposited today. However we stayed home Did not want to be around all those old people who get their checks the third Wednesday. Aint seen the Rona check yet. It was a nice day mowed along the Highway. Fixed a fence so I could move the Sheep and weaned calf to fresh grass. And we have a Mother sheep who gave birth to triplets just before dark. spring is here we got baby rabbits. two geese and one bantam hen setting on eggs. Ive been setting a minnow trap in the creek catching bait fish and crayfish. baby sheep 006.JPG

29. squirrel

squirrel

Moved the 55 Chevy bread truck from the side of the side of the shop, to behind the shop, on the concrete apron. And dug out the pile of 292 engine parts, and ordered most of the new stuff I need to put it together.

30. NWRustyJunk

NWRustyJunk

I put the rest of the body bolts in and tightened the front fenders up on the 40 Chev. Also got the battery box all squared away.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.