Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical What did you do today?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Daniels Auto Repair, Jul 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mnjeff

mnjeff

Backyard Bodywork Vol. 2
    Cut out rusty metal
    Weld in new metal
    Watch as gob of molten metal burns through running shoe and into foot
    Dance around shop yelling great obscenities ...

2. X-cpe

X-cpe

I did that, once. Now I use the experience in my safety lectures as an example of always taking the time to use your PPE.

mnjeff likes this.
  3. ERguitar

ERguitar

Attempting to remove window and door mechanisms from my F1.
    I suspect its so Damn difficult due to everything being rusted up?
    And how exactly does the exterior handle come off? Grrrrrrrrr

4. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

Propane!

Bones

chryslerfan55, Old wolf and blowby like this.
  5. WB69

WB69
    from Kansas

Still considered "essential", work as usual. Day job....

Truckdoctor Andy and Lil32 like this.
  6. Arominus

Arominus

Still working from home, I started porting my 392 heads again, ive got 1 intake bowl and 4 exhausts to go. The dremel is underpowered for this :(

Lil32 likes this.
  7. @ERguitar
    There's a screw into the handle from the door jamb, probably hidden by the weatherstrip, ask me how I know, lol.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  8. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Thanks pal!

Boneyard51 likes this.
  9. The wife made me this great shirt and matching PPE.

IMG_0626.jpg

And half of the grandkids came by for lunch.
    4-7-20.jpg

Attached Files:

10. norms30a

norms30a

assembled E brake on my 55 SAM_1353.JPG

chryslerfan55, Lil32 and Arominus like this.
  11. David Gersic

David Gersic
    from DeKalb, IL

Disassembled the upper half of my cooling system. Need to get some parts to put it together correctly. Tired of leaks.

[​IMG]

I’m not sure what this looked like originally. It’s 5/8” tube. The end with the nut has an O ring, and seems ok. The end without the nut seems to be missing fitting bits, which look like they were cut off. There’s some damage to the tube from whatever they used to cut it.

3/4” hose fits over this, but no matter how tight you crank the hose clamp, it doesn’t seal.

A new thermostat is going in, too, along with a new fan, and new and larger overflow tank.

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

chryslerfan55, Lil32 and Arominus like this.
  12. Caprice89

Caprice89

Oooh. Is that it?
    Sent from my online shouting device

13. Jumped in my 34 coupe and grabbed my buddy to go look at a 30 sedan for sale. Man! This two door is a super solid piece! I think my buddy will buy it. New wood, better front fenders inside the car and a good title. Price was right. Went home a worked on my house. abone.jpg abone2.jpg

14. mopacltd

mopacltd

Hate to tell you that this is not a '34

15. LAROKE

LAROKE

Read slower, you missed something.

16. LAROKE

LAROKE

From the BillyBob Shop log

April 8th 2020 Continued the shop reorganization exercise with the right side of my sit down work bench and file cabinet. Out in the open were another X-Acto knife set, two pair of magnifying glass visors and a loupe magnifier. That's right, I can't see worth spit anymore.

File cabinet top drawer holds vehicle records, receipts and tool manuals. Bottom drawer has two-sided poster tape, 2 sizes of ziplock baggies and performance decals. The drawer in the bench is junk drawer with matches, pens, scissors and razor blades.

Below, right to left, is an Innova canOBD2 scan tool and an Astroline four ton Body and Frame Kit. The first metal tool box contains a whetstone, 2 guide rods, hacksaw and blades, 2 file handles, 2 file cleaners, staple gun and staples, pop rivet tool, 2 claw hammers, 4 drill bit sets steel and masonry, 2 packs of utility knife blades, battery engraving tool, stud finder, screw driver twist bit set, and assorted drill bits.

Metal box two had 2 putty knives steel and plastic, a long guide rod, 2 tin shears and trowel all rusty, pipe wrench, grout rake, assorted open end SAE wrenches, assorted screwdrivers, scrapers and a plastic pry tool.

Metal box three contains a Black and Decker finishing sander, a Black and Decker 3/8" drill motor, 2 small caulking guns, wire nut assortment, misc screw assortment, assorted drill bits and sockets, a welding striker, assorted screwdrivers and allen wrenches, miniature claw hammer, battery engraver and a feeler gauge.

[​IMG]

17. The elbow looks like an AC pressure line, modern 134 type. Certainly not something for the cooling system.

[​IMG]

18. David Gersic

David Gersic
    from DeKalb, IL

Oh, good point. Female side of one of those round spring lock connectors? Could be. I have some A/C lines from my Dakota, just to satisfy my curiosity I’ll see if they seem to fit.

chryslerfan55 and Lil32 like this.
  19. ERguitar

ERguitar

Thanks Charleyw
    I had the screw figured out but I was missing the step where you insert a punch into the empty screw hole and drive the rusty handle/shaft up and out.

Lil32 and charleyw like this.
  20. working in the garden. today the sign is right for transplanting. planting under ground root crops like potatoes and planting seed beds. We don't plant much stuff in the ground. most is in raised beds made from a rear tractor rim with screen wire between the rim and ground. We use compost and mostly all organic. and have lots of earthworms. and if we plant in the ground the moles ruin everything tunneling for the earthworms. Of course I had to wrench on the tiller and tractor before We could use then.

21. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

22. Old wolf
    We dont have the moles but I gotta fence it in because everything else around here will eat it[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

23. Built a quarantine worthy slave cylinder mount
    It’s crude but effective
    6CA608A3-6906-46B8-9F5D-785C36B4428F.jpeg

24. Kinds hard to see but to my left is a 6 ft chain link fence. Necessary to keep the deer out of the corn.
    pawpaw's corn 006.JPG

25. Where exactly does this go in your cooling system ? I can't think of anywhere on my Chevys it could be, although it reminds me of the bypass hose on a big block waterpump to intake.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  26. I hauled some left over sheets of insulation, off topic daily driver air intake system and the old 57 Chevy p/u seat up to the overhead storage spot, then I moved the mockup engine closer to the 57 so they could get acquainted 20200408_164312.jpg
    20200408_161520.jpg

27. David Gersic

David Gersic
    from DeKalb, IL

The nut end goes to the bulkhead on the firewall. From the other end is rubber hose to the water pump and intake manifold ports for the heater.

chryslerfan55 and swade41 like this.
  28. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

a true beauty - great opportunity for someone

29. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I finished the mileage portion of the cam break in on the wife's German road missile.

New exhaust manifold, much larger turbo, stage II cam, stage V software tune.

It now has TWICE the horsepower that it had, when it left the factory.

I might not give it back.

chryslerfan55, blowby, X-cpe and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.