Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical What did you do today?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Daniels Auto Repair, Jul 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oldsfrench

oldsfrench
    from France

Made some home painting today
    I hate this kind of work
    But the wife was yelling so loud
    I had to put my pants down and do
    The painting job

Lil32 likes this.
  2. e1956v

e1956v
    Alliance Vendor

3. mnjeff

mnjeff

62C8E267-01AD-4F3E-82FD-5FBEC4D11910.jpeg 4008DFE1-5E15-4AE6-B5E3-D5E13F5BAF5B.jpeg An autobody teacher told me that getting the knack of leveling filler does more students in than anything else...I would always cut too much, chasing a high spot. Still am an amateur, but I like doing my own work, filler is cheap, and I have lotsa time these days.

4. I don't like to spend money. The Super A has the engine from a 200 in it. with new sleeves and a increased bore. A reworked governor. It horses the Governor when idling . My wife calls it little Snorty! I wouldn't trade it for a new mower. Raining today so I dint get to try out the woods mower.

5. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Got my rear window in. Only took me two days..:mad: 0403201311_HDR.jpg

Hombre, Shutter Speed, LAROKE and 8 others like this.
  6. BoogittyShoe

BoogittyShoe

Did you see my suggestions to LAROKE on the last page? I used to hate working body filler until I figured it out. Now it's like plastic sculpting.
    PS: To both of you- A skim coat of Dolphin Glaze is great for fine-tuning a worked area. Fills in scratches/ low spots. It sands like a dream with 180 dry. Then 220, 320.< wet

Last edited: Apr 3, 2020
  7. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

Just found out from my local dealer, that Hustler is giving 48 months zero interest! We bought three 23 horsepower 54 inch Fastracks. That figures out to a monthly payment of $135! For the best home owner mower on the planet! It will be my very first purchase of a brand new mower in my life! When I was a dealer, I had use of new ones, two every year, but I really didn’t “ own” them! New chapter in my life!

Make that four! My wife’s oldest boy, heard about and bought one with us! I guess you can take me out of the dealership, but you can’t take the dealer out of me! I haven’t been a Hustler dealer for ten years..... I’m still selling mowers! Lol

Bones

Last edited: Apr 5, 2020
  8. chevrolet50steve

chevrolet50steve

Filler is cheap,yes today I found out!! Cracking on with the 53 Chevy truck today as I am isolated to my garage. I reckon there was more filler than metal in most places on this cab,looked good in pictures with coat of paint hiding it all,still nothing a welder cannot put right and I got more time on my hands at the moment

Attached Files:

9. I likely will not burn $135 dollars worth of gas in the Super A all summer. We are debt free. We Avoid debt like this Rona crap that's going around. We have plenty of riding mowers A couple Murrays a Wheel horse and a snapper. I cant use them I hit stuff and bend the crankshafts. Gonna put them for sale on facebook marketplace.The woods mower is almost as durable as a brush Hogg. I also have a Gravely Walk behind that has what Gravely calls a Brush Hogg Attachment. I let the cows and sheep mow the grass in the yard and around the hoard. I only need to mow the highway right of way. The picture is of the A with the belly mower that I swapped to the super A. I just returned home from tending the cattle. Got a load of firewood while I was there. Im ready for firewood season to end. mowing yard 001.JPG Farmall & woods mower 005.JPG

10. BoogittyShoe

BoogittyShoe

I thought I'd take Carcacha for a drive. I tried the other day and it started misting. Turned around and came back. (Took wipers out to work on cowl)

Moved Buick to the street.
    Moved '39 from garage to street.
    Moved Buick back in driveway. (Tow-away zone)
    Got five minutes down the road and it started misting.
    Turned around and came back.
    Parked in street.
    Moved Buick to street.
    Put '39 in garage.
    Moved Buick to driveway.

It's a lot easier since I moved the Vega from the driveway to the backyard.

11. Old Wolf, Dad has a Woods 59 under an International 284, that is a mowing son of a gun. I rebuilt all of the spindles under it last spring and now it runs quiet. Before, the deck was louder than the tractor.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

12. When I removed the headlight divots out of my 41's fenders I chased it a bit until I bought those blocks from Eastwood, they worked really really well ! FB_IMG_1585971751921.jpg FB_IMG_1585971812066.jpg FB_IMG_1585971938775.jpg 20200111_003352.jpg

13. Ive owned the super A for a couple of decades. And was wanting a woods belly mower for it. I bought the A on the wrecker at a auction for $300 and the mower is in really good cond. The engine in the auction tractor had rained in the exhaust and froze and busted the sleeve and the block. I just wanted the belly mower. Got a parts tractor with good rear tires too boot.

14. The37Kid

The37Kid

DSCF6080.JPG

Still moving stuff around, big move will take place tomorrow.

Bob

15. j hansen

j hansen

Decided to spraypaint all the interior doors of the house.
    Did a rotisserie thing for easy and quick access on both sides. Skärmavbild 2020-04-04 kl. 12.39.53.png

16. clem

clem

Spent all day reading this thread !
    If this thread was only hot rod related, I would have spent only 1/2 the day reading it, and would have got out in the garage for the afternoon and had something to add here.......

winduptoy and jakespeed63 like this.
  17. Budget36

Budget36

I've done some glamorous thing! I have spent 4 hours looking for my good diegrinder and bits. Now I haven't found it (them) yet, but found a ton of stuff. So now I have all these piles and buckets full of tools and have realized I don't have enough tool box room to put them in.

FWIW I have 3 small rollaways with top boxes, a big metal cabinet out of a dairy I use for air and electric tools.

So looks like I need to make an HF run for another toolbox, only issue I have in my mind is where the eff I can put it at? So, that pondering question I have has led me to the realization I need to start cleaning and organizing crap, and that thought just frightens me.

Hombre and chryslerfan55 like this.
  18. C494BBBB-8874-4747-8503-55CE477ACC2D.jpeg

1584E065-D074-48B0-AEA0-8C8942F8E99A.jpeg

Before that though, my buddy threw these at me last night.
    1BF20FE9-C40E-48D8-A18B-1CD2933EDA3A.jpeg

Paul, Hombre, deathrowdave and 10 others like this.
  19. Still gravity bleeding the brakes on a 65 Corvette since November. I am starting to think that this just might not be the way to do it....:confused:

20. Since so many places are closed because of the Rona scare. We made a Sign with our names and PH Number. Im fixing to put a lot of stuff on the Facebook Marketplace and maybe sell something? Folks are gonna get that Free $1200 Rona stimulus check. So I intend to take advantage of their good fortune LOL We just hung the sign up a couple minutes ago. randy and debbie sighn 002.JPG

21. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Is it both ends our just the front or rear?

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  22. Zax

Zax
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1952-59 Ford Social Group

Replaced the clutch in my '63 f100. Piece of cake to get it all disassembled and an absolute battle to get it all back in by myself. New clutch is working great and i'm soothing my aches and pains with a nice bourbon.

23. I just finished removing the roached automatic transmission in my O/T Ranger work truck in preparation for the manual transmission tomorrow. Naturally the slip yoke on the automatic is different than the manual. Shit, what’s another 80 bucks?

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Hombre, chryslerfan55 and Old wolf like this.
  24. Boodlum

Boodlum

Replaced manifolds, hoses and quick-disconnect couplers on both portable air tanks.
    Precision Tool manifolds, yellow Goodyear hoses and Craftsman industrial couplers.
    Oh yeah and red spool gas Teflon tape.
    Slow leaks be gone!

25. thehazguy

thehazguy

Finished my weekends of shampooing all the carpets (floor/stairs) in our townhouse. Well, that spring cleaning had to get done and is out of the way. Hopefully onto the garage soon.

Hombre likes this.
  26. The37Kid

The37Kid

DSCF6085.JPG

Moved enough stuff out of the way and rolled the '29 Steelback body back and turned 90%, this will free up more space on this side of the basement. Bob

DSCF6088.JPG

Hombre, chryslerfan55 and harley jim like this.
  27. Both. I have come to hate the Vette's four piston calipers. It sat for 10-15 years and I am having to rebuild them again even though they are new/unused. I just ordered a new master cylinder...going to start at the beginning . I hate bleeding brakes more than anything, including wiring.

Hombre, chryslerfan55 and saltflats like this.
  28. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

Picked up front and rear sway bars from the pull and pay today for the F250 frame that is going under my F150,they came off a F350 so they should be strong enough and are definately larger then the ones on the F150.

Attached Files:

Hombre and chryslerfan55 like this.
  29. ford4v429

ford4v429

I greased up the big tractor- wife wanted to mow- ok :) , and washed/waxed my mustang, filthy from sitting out all winter...washed the wifes truck too, was sooo nice being out in the sun a bit...back field was a muddy mess at one corner, took a hour just to de-mud the big mower after she was done...swear, i'm gonna make big mudflaps for it, every spring its a chore to clean up the first few cuttings...might try to find wider front tires too, as they sink quite a bit... last year got it stuck- and its 4wd

chryslerfan55 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.