Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical What did you do today?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Daniels Auto Repair, Jul 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LAROKE

LAROKE

From the BillyBob Shop log

January 29th 2020 Dawn dish washing soap was used as a lubricant on the setting tape and the upper windshield frame was urged into position. A rubber mallet helped to seat the glass in the channel. The assembly was turned upside down in the vise and the process was repeated for the bottom half. Finally, a new blade in my utility knife made short work of trimming the excess glass setting tape and electrical tape remnants.

I had forebodings on how the glass setting tape operation was going to go but it turned out to be easier than anticipated. The windshield was then masked for painting. The windshield frame could have been painted before assembly but I have a bad history of marring freshly painted items and I wanted to avoid that fate if I could.

After masking the glass, the frame was PRE-paint prepped and given two coats of Eastwood's Self-Etching primer. This was followed up by four coats of Duplicolor's Black Wheel Paint.

[​IMG]

2. 5BCD12CC-1615-44D7-B9E0-EBAEB1BF2C50.jpeg

At around 11:00 am yesterday - I was honored to be one of three people to witness this 1904 Ford Model B come to Life and running smoothly on all four cylinders.

My friend Kim Dobbins spent a little over a year with the help of others including Don on the right to make this happen.

This is the only known largely original 1904 Ford Model B known to exist in the world with an original engine just as it rolled out of The Ford Piquette Avenue Plant in Detroit.

The Piquette Plant was the first purpose built plant by Ford Motor Company.

The 1904 Ford Model B was the first vehicle to be assembled at that plant.

This particular 1904 Ford Model B just may be the earliest largely original vehicle in existence to be asssembled and sold that was produced at Piquette.

I brought this vehicle to Kim just before Christmas in 2018 from a mutual friend.

Jim

blowby, Lepus, esrbuilders and 9 others like this.
  3. buick bill

buick bill
    from yreka;ca

but I thought model a was the first car ever made ? oh , waite for it

4. buick bill

buick bill
    from yreka;ca

I would love to see some more pix .the leafs look way ahead of their time

5. This was the messy side of the shop,
    Not done but no longer a cluster F
    Still trying to get a feel for how these are gonna work best, good thing most is on wheels

8E71085A-4356-4808-90F8-FA8F547367D0.jpeg 7DE07D79-A7A6-4C97-B446-613ECC0A2FE2.jpeg 78668152-FB13-471E-B6C2-B40310E68FA1.jpeg B79A44BC-C8C0-42D8-B8EC-ECF236F39257.jpeg

blowby, Lil32, osage orange and 2 others like this.
  6. The Model A was the first production car from Ford Motor Company.

It was assembled in a rented building.

Jim

7. bymanr

bymanr

IMG_3853.jpg IMG_3852.jpg Homemade hinges IMG_3848.jpg IMG_3847.jpg At week 8 post hip replacement I finally made it to the shop for a bit of therapy. I took the plunge and made a handicap entrance on my avatar

8. buick bill

buick bill
    from yreka;ca

much done .much left! cant rush it , right? lookin good . open top in wash..optimistic

9. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

So far today I've done bills, couple reg renewals, some day dreaming, some talking to myself and some evaluating of swade41 avatar.;)...

10. And singing " right or left at oak street" { Rot Clark}.

Ben

11. We needed some bacon to add to the deer meat when we grind it into deer burger. So we bought a 10 pound box of covered wagon bacon. Came home and Debbie fried a pound of it. Ive ate two huge bacon sandwhiches.

trulyvintage, raven, LAROKE and 2 others like this.
  12. trollst

trollst

Man Vick, I get a woodie every time I see a side shot of that 36, you got to finish that car. LeRoy.

31Vicky with a hemi likes this.
  13. Bacon is always good!

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

raven and Lil32 like this.
  14. LAROKE

LAROKE

January 30th 2020 Got the dashboard detached from the wiring. I did have to snip some wires when getting at the connectors would have required an excess of cursing and contorted body angles. Was happy to get the water temperature gauge capillary tube out intact. Beer of the day was Christian Moerlein Brewing Company's Barbarossa Dark Lager.

[​IMG]

lothiandon1940 and Lil32 like this.
  15. Yes Deer meat like 100% grass fed beef hasn't any fat. Just yellow tallow. and we cut that away. Add about 10% bacon and its much more to our liking. Its been stated that vegitarians on average live 7 years longer than meat eaters. Seven long worthless baconless years!

Chavezk21, Petejoe, alanp561 and 6 others like this.
  16. 3731A5C3-5830-48A4-9DE1-EBE02B77B629.jpeg

^ Front Leaf Spring ^

Jim

40two and Lil32 like this.
  17. j hansen

j hansen

Funny Car RAGNARÖK arrived to our shop today.I hope we can paint it next week. Skärmavbild 2020-01-30 kl. 17.18.18.png

40two, swade41, Lil32 and 3 others like this.
  18. Just got done eating. Debbie cooked deer tenderloin potatoes and green beans with biscuits. She managed to cook that old tuff buck's meat and make it tender. I had sliced it actossthe grain and made it thin.

Truckdoctor Andy likes this.
  19. LM14

LM14
    Member Emeritus
    from Iowa

Dropped my '32 5 window project at the upholstery shop. Log time coming.
    SPark

Lil32 likes this.
  20. I hung a couple signs in the garage and laid out a row of vintage plates to see if I want to make a border of sorts above the garage door, kinda funny i have a lot of signs but i don't want to cover up my white light reflecting paint..lol

lothiandon1940 and Lil32 like this.
  21. WB69

WB69
    from Kansas

Started cutting out new door panels for a Model A upholstery refresh.

Lil32 likes this.
  22. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Had my bladder checked out, can't pee good.. Female nurse did the procedure, sigh. Prostrate needs operation..Sonogram in couple weeks and I get to do an enema before hand. Neato! Yeah, golden years..o_O

HotRod33, 61Cruiser and Lil32 like this.
  23. LAROKE

LAROKE

January 31st 2020 The weather seal was pressed into its channel with the help of a plastic pry tool, starting at the bottom center of the frame and working around it back to the point of beginning. It was tedius work and I'll have a bruised palm for a day or two.

Some of the primer got under the masking tape and that still has to be cleaned off the glass with lacquer thinner. Smudges and fingerprints from the hand-to-hand combat with the weather seal also have to be cleaned, then I can mark finished to this task. Okay, out with the old windshield and in with the new windshield when the cab painting is done. Up on the shelf until then.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

JOYFLEA and lothiandon1940 like this.
  24. Looks great, Laroke, but what was the "beer of the day"?:D

25. LAROKE

LAROKE

I didn't mention it because it was Southern Barrel Brewing Company's Helles Lager, a beer I've mentioned before.

JOYFLEA and lothiandon1940 like this.
  26. 62rebel

62rebel

I managed to make it rain. By attempting to get the other bushing installed, triggering just enough rain to be a pure pain in the ass, and shutting the hood for the day, of course, ending the rain, but too close to time to go to work. Sumbitch.

27. Got the whizzer clone finished up today. Went for a ride and felt 12 years old again for a few minutes. Are those handlebars cool or what!!![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

28. alanp561

alanp561
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Pedals stay on this time?;)

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  29. Yep, see the chrome acorn caps on the crank. They ain't coming off this time.[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

lothiandon1940 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.