Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical What did you do today?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Daniels Auto Repair, Jul 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 65pacecar

65pacecar
    from KY, AZ

Great picture. Kind of reminds me of Christine in the movie when Arnie would have one area perfect and restored while something next to it was in waiting.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

62rebel likes this.
  2. Working on a pair of '40 Ford rear fenders today. My coupe came with plastic rears that were sold off cheap quickly. I got a pair of pretty decent steel fenders that had a few wrinkles but they are pretty much straight now. Hope to have them in primer today. But, I'm a bit slow, so tomorrow or the next day still sounds pretty good.

3. impala4speed

impala4speed

Nice! I love those wheels. Great looking El Camino.

mad mikey, Petejoe and harley jim like this.
  4. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Been trying to get a firewall ready for some paint.
    20200126_125344.jpg

5. junkyardgenius

junkyardgenius
    from Kernow

Pulled the engine out the coupe. Made a very low tech transmission jack that works real well. Getting ready to adapt my mew Tremec TKO to the Hemi. 20200126_135119.jpg

mad mikey, swade41, GordonC and 10 others like this.
  6. Went out to the shop and picked up some stuff that was just tossed in there. It looks much better now and I have more room to work on my '31s.

mad mikey, stillrunners and Lil32 like this.
  7. Myself I prefer them without any trim. They don't need trim to look great. The trim is polished Aluminum and just a place for dirt and dust to accumulate. Even the grills is aluminum. The 63 cab sails are stainless. and the 61 & 62 often had Chrome grills. and the GMC sometimes have a chrome grill. Chrome bumpers are common.

Petejoe, Truckdoctor Andy and Lil32 like this.
  8. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Today I met up with a member of our local Datsun club, and scored a Weber carburetor, which I will go through, and then pass along to another HAMB member, with the adapter that will allow it to fit his engine.

9. It was pretty and sunny this morning. now looking like rain. Ive fed the critters and covered the firewood. Its still Archery Deer season. I think I will get off her and maybe kill a deer?

Truckdoctor Andy likes this.
  10. Passed on a CJ-3A to my great niece via her dad which is a good deal....if she wasn't out of state - I would be getting a lot more done around here ! Pics later........

11. Old wolf
    I had to chase a cow out of the front yard today, she sure made a mess in a short time

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Lil32, osage orange and Old wolf like this.
  12. 62rebel

62rebel

Pulled the worn out idler arm and managed to replace the bushing in the bracket. Frustrating job and took all my patience and daylight to get it done. Still have to do the bushing in the center link. I know it's going to be a bastard.

Lil32 likes this.
  13. LAROKE

LAROKE

From the BillyBob Shop log

January 27th 2020 A delivery of electrical tape arrived. The windshield project can now proceed. Cleaned the glass and placed the windshield in my neoprene padded bench vice. Peeled the protective strip off the glass setting tape and affixed it to the top edge and sides of the new windshield glass with the electrical tape. Notched the corners.

[​IMG]

14. Well I killed a Deer Yesterday. We where out of deer meat. I usually get enough Road Kill deer to not have to hunt. Did not happen this season. Im not a sportsman I only hunt for the meat. my deer hunting is like shooting fish in a Barrell. I have one corner here fenced off to where the sheep and cows cant graze. I till and plant some winter wheat and oats there. There is 850 acres that adjoins and the owners don't allow hunting. lots of deer. I hung a soda bottle filled with sweet grain soaked with apple cider vinegar. and the wind was right. Set in a old van body in the drizzle rain. and waited did not take long. A Big old buck came only had one Horn and it was broken. Ive seen him many times in the past probably 5 years old. Too tough so I waited. He stayed and no other deer arrived. Just before dark I decided he was it. One arrow thru the heart and he was harvested. I brought Him into the shop and hung him up from the engine hoist and cleaned the entrals & removed the glands from his legs. Let him hang over nite. So today its the hard work of processing about 125 pounds of meat. Big deer biggest one I ever killed. I will cut out the tenderloin. Likely make a couple of big roast out of the center portion of the rear haunch. Then cut the rest of the meat from the bone and grind it for deer burger and sausage.

swade41, vtx1800 and Lil32 like this.
  15. raymay

raymay

So what to do with your old car T-shirts that you liked but they became worn out, stained or had small holes from welding and grinding? As I was going through my rag pile box I came across some of these shirts that brought back fond memories. Events I attended, our old car shows from the 70's and 80's and just some great automotive graphic designs.
    I started cutting out the images on a few and mounting them. Found perfect inexpensive frames at Dollar Tree and the Goodwill stores. New life for these old shirts that I can now hang and continue to enjoy seeing.

20200126_195354.jpg 20200126_195544.jpg

16. manyolcars

manyolcars

I started the engine in my 1934 Ford for the first time yesterday. Sounds good

17. Rusty Heaps

Rusty Heaps

Degreased and wet sanded a bunch of under the hood parts for the '52 Buick and the '46 Chevy so I can rattle can them the next warmish day. I may need to spend tomorrow cleaning the bath tub!:eek: Maybe it's a good thing I'm not married!

18. impala4speed

impala4speed

What a great idea.

mad mikey, 65pacecar and Lil32 like this.
  19. Started cleaning up some aluminum parts for both engines we are working on for my two son’s projects. Need to strip the paint on the valve covers to get them ready to polish and blast a couple intakes now.

B623E113-7040-4297-9CCA-ACAB0C56D0A6.jpeg 39F5B624-5961-4E73-89EE-791E5B354F19.jpeg 19BA8406-E7B5-44D5-8C20-578D24A1D58A.jpeg

mad mikey, 40two, 65pacecar and 7 others like this.
  20. LAROKE

LAROKE

From the BillyBob Shop log

January 28th 2020 Deerslayer's cardboard headliner is wrinkled in a few places but otherwise in good shape. I'm leaving it in place. The five fasteners anchoring it along its centerline, however, stand out too much for my liking. They are screws and fender washers and my fall back plan was to paint them to blend in but I finally happened upon the magic intarweb search term to lead me to my preferred solution - "Upholstery Buttons". They arrived and were installed in a matter of minutes. Beer of the day was Spencer Brewery's Trappist Ale.

[​IMG]

21. clem

clem

Painted a couple of grille surrounds............rough temporary job done with a spray can.

7CC23BF1-E3E7-4B55-B6DC-BAC4719E16EA.jpeg

............any colour as long as .............

Last edited: Jan 28, 2020
  22. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

great idea - have had so many shirts that just end up in a box in the garage usually to never be seen again

23. raven

raven

Finally got my new transmission from the builder. It’s been about 5 -6 Model months waiting for it. Got it back and bolted in my roadster. Now as my helper stated, it’s down to just tying up loose ends to finish it.
    Looking forward to the improvement it will bring.
    r

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

24. mopacltd

mopacltd

Lumpy63 went under the knife for foot surgery.

25. 62rebel

62rebel

Removed the remains of the bushing from the center link, didn't take too long. Maybe install the new one in the morning before I go to work. Can't imagine how or even if the previous owner drove the car with the bushings that bad.

26. Stephen Barrett

Stephen Barrett

Like it. I'm going to use that method. Thanks. All I did today was open a box from Speedway. Pretty happy about it though. IMG_1834.jpg

mad mikey likes this.
  27. Stephen Barrett

Stephen Barrett

I drove from N.H. to Pa. a couple months ago and I never saw so many dead Deer in my life. I'm a vegetarian so I didn't grab any. lol. Congratulations on your kill. That will feed the family a while. I wouldn't want to do it but if I had to I would. That's a lot better than the super market.

28. Been cutting and grinding on the Deer. Today I went and got another load of wood returnerd home just in time for it to begin raining. never got the wood unloades . its in the truck covered with a tarp. If the temp keeps falling we might get some nasty weather.

29. I went to my buddy's chassis shop to check on my rear end housing, he's just trying fit it in, but we are on the same page as far as what needs done.
    Then I had my last meal for about 24 hrs, I have to fast for 15 hrs before a skull to knee PET scan tomorrow, they're actually being a bit pro-active (after I chewed their ass) looking to see if my disease is active.

das858 likes this.
  30. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

Good luck with the PET scan, praying for good results!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.