Register now to get rid of these ads!

What chevy flywheel is this?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 30dodgeboy, Sep 28, 2005.

1. Have a 168 tooth chevy flywheel cast # 14091599... WTF is it? It has an offset weight cast into it, so I'm thinking external balanced engine.

2. squirrel

squirrel

how big is the bolt circle at the crank? does it look like the late model type with the small bolt circle and the one piece rear seal?

3. The pressure plate bolt circle is about 12.75" and the crank bolt circle is 2.985

I have no clue how to tell whether it is from a 1 piece or 2 piece rear main seal engine as Chevrolet is not my specialty.

Thanks.

4. squirrel

squirrel

that sounds like the "late model" they started using in the mid-late 80s when they went to the one piece seal. THe small block engines started to be externally balanced at that time. I'm pretty sure that flywheel will work on the 87-up 305, 350, and 4.3 V6....but you might want to do some more checking to make sure.

btw, knowing something about Chevys is *not* a specialty, they're about as generic as it gets.

5. Would there be a casting date somewhere? What would it look like?

My expertise is with Fords and MoPars... I've never owned a GM product.

6. alfkndy

alfkndy
    from casper, wy

that flywheel is for a 350 chevy vortec crate motor