Register now to get rid of these ads!

What car stuff do you hide from your wife?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kscarguy, Jul 3, 2012.

1. V4F

V4F
    from middle ca.

nuttin honey .. to old to care !

2. DJCruiser

DJCruiser
    from CT

Nothing. We bought a couple of collector cars together after we got married with the agreement we'd enjoy them, then they would become college tuition. They did exactly that, now she tells me when I need to go get a new project! Plan ahead.

3. sololobo

sololobo

She has her money, I have mine. She doesn't ask, perfect. ~sololobo~

4. fbama73

fbama73

Worth pointing out- The money used to buy my Chevy was hidden from me while she and the kid saved it up. If she's got her own little stash right now, I wouldn't be upset by it.

5. odins701

odins701

i hide nothing from my wife, but my old man did teach me that " it's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission!" lol

6. don't hide stuff from her in the sense of cars or money, but since she moved in she's been on this rant about CAR PARTS belong in the garage! I managed to hide a pair of brand new aluminum heads in the bottom of her closet for 5 years (I STILL can't figure out HOW she took that long to fing them! Only thing I can figure, they were there before she got here and because they were standing on end behind a shoe organizer, she just never noticed them.) There are STILL parts squirreled away all over this house, but she seems to be giving up, as I get less flack these days.

7. traffic61

traffic61
    from Owasso, OK

I concur wholeheartedly.

8. looking

looking

I dont hide a thing.in fact I come home to boxes foe my car. Trying to find her a truck so she can enjoy.

9. indianhead74

indianhead74

Not a darn thing, She's totally into my hobby, Course she has horses so she's probably hid'in stuff from me!! HMMMM, Married 34 years so I guess her dad was wrong.

10. kscarguy

kscarguy

Gotta love them horse women...

My wife must have felt guilty when she bought a new saddle, so she bought me a new Tig welder to ease her pain. Yippee!

11. Firefly

Firefly

Yep, pretty funny reading this thread as a female!

Does this sound familir to any of you guys .....

"What, this old dress, I've had it for ages, haven't you noticed if before?"

and no I don't hide anything from my husband, 'cept maybe the keys to my '34 now and again ;)

12. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey, being "the boss" has mutual advantages. It's not what you think. If I say I need to buy/flip something I get no grief about it. At one point we had 3 Harleys, a decent weekend street cruiser and a full on bracket racer. Not $1.00 from the regular income, all flips and trades. All were paid for and ended making us some real nice profits when that day arrived. I still do it even though she recently refered to me as a hoarder. When I asked her, "What if this was all candles and Snowbabies?", she was less than amused. Coming home from a recent swap meet with a knot of cash, "Am I still a hoarder or maybe a whore?" "Slut would be more like it!" "I love you too babe..."

13. mustang6147

mustang6147
    from Kent, Ohio

I hide nothin, cuz I got nuthin to hide...

14. carmuts

carmuts

I don't hide a thing from her. Earlier this spring she had to talk me out of selling the delivery sedan. I had to sell my rdstr pu nearly 5 years ago to pay for part of my bills from my fight with cancer and she knew that nearly killed me to see it go. Rod

15. BIG-JIM

BIG-JIM
    from CT

Not a damn thing! In fact she buys stuff for me! Been with her since 1984 I sucked her in to hot rods almost immediately and we have been enjoying them ever since. All these years & still going strong....Or maybe we are just too stupid to leave each other.:D

16. i wonder how many wives secretly view the hamb?...

i dont hide nothin. bills and what not come first. waitin on a good promotion before i spend to much on the pickup. spendin more on the house to make it better. right now im replacing all the carpet.

hell summer we took the willys to go get fence stuff and she told me to get AC :). i asked her if that was permission. she said it was if i wanted her to go on any longer trips :D. but alas the engine needed a rebuild first. maybe next year i can get that worked out.

17. bigvinny

bigvinny

do u tell her what you really pay for stuff?

18. low-n-slo54

low-n-slo54

Nothing. I have the job and I can spend some cash on my car if I want. She says at least I'm not spending it at a bar and she knows where I am when I'm not inside.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2012
  19. chopped

chopped

Some of you seem to have married the wrong girl. Been on the same page with her for 32 years, I will admit it was just dumb luck.

20. Don Martin

Don Martin
    from West Tenn

I don"t have to hide anything. She took me for better or worst. And it has gotten better over the last 37 years.

21. carbuilder

carbuilder

I dont hide a thing from this one dont have to as long as I have basic bills paid any thing else is fair game. last one it was totaly oppasite.

22. Best answer yet!

23. My thing is mine, her thing is her's! we co-mingle and meet in the middle.:D

24. frankenstein1948

frankenstein1948

Nothing. We are in the car hobby together and both have hot rods and race cars.

25. 5window

5window

Got it in One! If you're married,and this isn't you, my condolences. You don't know what you've missed.

26. kyvetteman

kyvetteman

This is a funny topic and reminds me of my Dad's second wife (aka "the stepmonster").

She was widowed and her late husband had one old car and a huge stash of NOS parts of all kinds ranging from the 20's to the 50's that she knew about in the garage at their house. After he died she started getting storage bills from all over the place, and it turns out that he had 30 more old cars squirreled away in storage units all around the Collinsville, IL area. She sold all 30 of the cars to an unscrupulous used car dealer (hard to believe, right?) for $5k. :mad:

When she and my Dad first started dating I had the chance to go through the garage full of parts... WOW, what a treasure trove! Naturally I expressed an interest before I left to go back to Kentucky but they had just met so I didn't think the timing was right to pursue it any further at that point. Sadly before I could get my hands on any of it the old man had the brilliant idea of borrowing a dump truck from work and hauled four loads to the dump! :eek:

So there's my story of the "big one that got away"... I guess timing really is everything!

I personally don't hide anything from my wife. She is super cool about my old car obsession and I wouldn't do anything to screw that up! :D

27. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

28. Nothing.
    If you want a happy marriage, you don't hide anything from your wife. Hiding things is no different than lying. If I need a part, I ask if it's OK. If we can't afford it, we can't afford it, and I wait until we can. I put honesty and a happy marriage above my car. I'm not going to tell someone else how to live their life, but if you're keeping things from your woman, maybe you need to look a little more closely at yourself. It's not her fault, you married her, and remain married to her. If you just can't live with her, get a divorce, because it's better than living a lie.

Just how I see it.

29. fifty5rod

fifty5rod
    from El Paso TX

Nothing to hide..been married for 10 years and still dirtying the garage!!