Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage What car events are there in pittsburgh area ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by anteek49, Apr 18, 2016.

1. anteek49

anteek49

my youngest son is going to attend Duquesne in the fall. What car events are in the area? he's probably going to take his '32 along if he can get indoor storage for it. Is storage pricey near the campus? I'll probably visit him in the summer and take in some shows. VERY open to suggestions..........

2. mr.chevrolet

mr.chevrolet

in Canonsburg, there is a small Tuesday cruise at the Shop n'Save, every other Sat. at the McDonalds on Race track Road, every Friday at Mineral Beach in Finleyville, Sultans big show at the Hobby Lobby parking lot (Washington) many more. you should post in the Pittsburgh Area social forum.

3. two couped up

two couped up
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from pa.

Go to car cruise .com and look at all the car events in the Pgh. area.

4. alphabet soup

alphabet soup
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It depends on what time in the fall. But fall Carlisle, fall Hershey and fall Maple Grove are all very good swap meets. And not really too far from Pittsburgh.

5. 3 1/2 hours south on I-79 to Charleston, WV for the 11th Annual Charleston Boulevard Rod Run & Doo Wop, October 5-9, 2016. Voted #3 Best large show by Cruisn' Times magazine (behind GG Columbus and Blue Suede Cruise). Nightly concerts, swap meet, pedal car display, Racer Row (drag car display), Big Foot appearance, Women's World, 1000 car limit, cash drawings, etc. Check it out at www.charlestonwvcarshow.com Last year we had participants from 17 states + Canada. Several folks from the Pittsburgh area attend every year, plan to join them this year!

Jim

6. oldguy2

oldguy2
    from pittsburgh

Go on car cruises.com click on Pennsylvania and the month at least 30 plus a month big one Wexford starlite cruise Friday nights

7. Flop

Flop

Pittsburgh is horrible for car stuff unless you like sitting in parking lots of strip malls . Hardly any traditional stuff . Muscle cars . Pastel 80s cars and a ton of bad tire and rim combos here .

The fun stuff for me is the PVGP at Schenley Park in July . 3000 plus cars and vintage racing on the streets .

And the steel town shakedown I believe in September .

8. crazyblindjoe

crazyblindjoe

Flop is a little critical but carcruises.com and cruisin times.com can offer some local events.
    Jalopy showdown and other local club events may suit your needs also.
    Have some fun before you die is the rule i try to go by.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  9. barnsearcher

barnsearcher
    from Ohio

Last year we traveled across Rt 30 and stayed in Irwin just on the SE corner of Pittsburg. We found a weekly cruise in at a strip mall parking lot right on Rt 30. Probably 250 cars there that night. If you are looking for a nice drive take Rt 30 on east about an hour (??) east to the Flight 93 Memorial. You wont regret it.

10. Jibs

Jibs

11. mr.chevrolet

mr.chevrolet

PM me for a phone # for safe storage 20 miles away. you will not find anything near Duq.U.