Register now to get rid of these ads!

what brands or models have you grown to like?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rustdodger, Jul 30, 2010.

1. rustdodger

rustdodger

I was recently at one of the larger shows in my area and noticed a number of cars that I would have deemed crush worthy in my younger day. As an example COE trucks ,early fifties Hudsons and others I can't bring to mind at present. Anyone else here that has some to add to the list?>

2. scott 351 wins

scott 351 wins

yeah im digging late 40's early 50's hudson's too.

3. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

I have been pretty much focused on 1 or 2 types of vehicles for many years :)

But after looking at the all the KOOL, NEAT vehicles that different Hambers have ... I have became more tolarant of others cars and in fact now actually grown to appreciate a lot of vehicles that at one time I would not even look at. :D

1 ) 49/50/51 Fords
    2 ) 37/40 Chevrolet coupes
    3 ) 33/34 Mopar coupes
    4 ) mid 50's Caddys

4. I never have and still do not like the late 30s to 40s GM sedans but now I don't think they should be scrapped like I once did.I have passed up on cheap ones in the past but now I would probably buy one if just to resale.Didn't use to like the 50s Mopars either buy now I think they are cool.

5. panhead_pete

panhead_pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

When I was riding I thought all cars sucked. Now Im partial to fords from A - 34 and heavily chopped shoeboxes.

6. Str8tJacket

Str8tJacket

Same here,, in my old age I realize that any antique car has it merits. I wouldn't crush any of them today.

7. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

After having my friends 59 edsel sitting in my driveway for 2 months while we work on it i've got to admit that i really dig the lines of that sled. if it were mine i'd have it laying on the frame, maybe a chopped top and some LONG skirts,,,
    but its a cool lookin ride.

8. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

59 Impala / Elco, hated them as a kid. Now I love'm.

9. Tenacious A

Tenacious A
    from Willis Tx

I knew I was getting old when I started thinking old Impalas were cool.

10. 62rebel

62rebel

shoeboxes; falcons (of course); always loved A's, because of my Dad; but deep inside i just love old cars, whatever they are. some, i'll run through traffic to see close up, others, i'll crane my neck for. i can't stand new cars, "new" meaning anything past, say, 1974. after that, they went to shit. all of them.

11. zzford

zzford

Lemme see...My favorite models would be Christy Brinkley and Tyra Banks.

12. rustdodger

rustdodger

I had asimalar experience with a '40 hudson coupe that was sitting where I worked. I ended up buying the thing.

13. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

Chevrolet USA-1

14. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

have always loved 40 ford coupes and tri five chevies--have several including a 57 fuely BUT always wanted a 57 Buick Century or a 37 Chevy coupe with a nasty 301 and a 4 spd like an old c gas car--maybe my next one??

15. I really did not care for Edsels at all. But, as time marches on, I find myself wanting a '59.

Same thing with Studebakers. The '59 Lark was a homely car to me. Now, I really like the damn things! The '59 - '66 Studes really are nice-looking and driving cars.

16. teddyp

teddyp

since being on the hamb i now like anything with a sbc,nailhead,olds, and caddy in it and 50,s and older fords with y-blocks in them