Register now to get rid of these ads!

What body filler are you guys using?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Roothawg, Jan 29, 2009.

2. blkcat77

blkcat77

Rage Gold + Rage extreme

Seems to me rage extreme is a whole lot lighter than rage gold. It also levels itself pretty well without pinholes.

Last time I used evercoat glaze it shrunk a lot. I guess I did something wrong but I sure wouldn't use it again.

3. super plus

super plus
    BANNED

Oh!:eek: wait a minute we painted the car first then we put on the Bondo or hide a wobble, Ya thats what we did :cool:

4. lesabre59

lesabre59

I gotta disagree..I found metal to leave less pin holes, easier to clean plus platic can get deformed easier and leave streaks in the filler..JMO!

5. I like Rage Gold or Extreme, whichever I can get locally...Pricey, but worth it.

6. MERRELL

MERRELL

rage gold....

7. Chaoticcustoms

Chaoticcustoms

glaze isnt ment for filling, and probably dont wana put it over anything less than 150 scratches. Ive had shrinking issues and a buddy of mine used it for filler. I try and just use the rage extreme instead of the glaze. Really no reason for it if your using extreme. I hate glaze btw..

8. chad

chad

I know this is an old post but...I have always used Rage but I recently tried the Fuzion and its as good if not better than the Rage for half of the cost

9. bigern007

bigern007

Rage premium gold,,,,,,,,nice stuff

10. PUTRID FAME

PUTRID FAME

11. herbet99

herbet99
    from Central NJ

I recently tried Martin CUZ (I think). Seems to work fine and you can get it at Napa

12. I am by no way a pro but I have done a fair bit of my own work. I like the Evercoat line. I use the short strand filler over welds, Rage Gold over that , and metal to metal glaze over that. I use Slick Sand overall the fillers,and top everything off with Epoxy sealer . It works for me, my local supplier stocks everything so I am good to go . The labor in sanding and prep is the same weather you use a cheap product or the right stuff so why not spend a few extra bucks and be safe with a product line you can trust.
    Rex

13. davis574ord

davis574ord

I have been using rage gold since it came out, easy sanding and hardly any pin holes as long as you mix it right! Kinda pricey but you get what you pay for, i fixed a van 1/4 panel and the whole thing was filler, insurance company to cheep to replace it, and a month later it was rear ended really hard, and the filler folded up with the metal and didnt even crack! Good stuff as far as im concerned! Good luck!

14. Master of None

Master of None

Another one using Rage gold. Once you use it, its had to go back to the cheaper stuff.