Register now to get rid of these ads!

What bench seat ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by DrSweeneyRod, Apr 18, 2013.

1. DrSweeneyRod

DrSweeneyRod
    from England

For my panel truck it's going to be used as an all around truck, so for fun and work. So it needs to carry me and my two children,so looking for a bench seat...
    When looking at panel truck pictures all have two single seats in the front and no bench seats. I have seen that in the pickups the bench seat is supported on the back of the cab.
    Can anyone recommend a bench seat i can use in my panel truck please ?
    It's a 1938 ford and will be using a 5 speed box in the truck.
    Also would a 38 deluxe/ 39 standard fit ?

2. chaddilac

chaddilac

You could easily go with a more modern pickup bench and just take a small section out of the middle to get it to fit in the panel, have it reupholstered and roll!!

3. if you did think about a modern seat you could always try to get something from a s-10 or dodge dakota, etc. little bit smaller. thats what i am doing and it fits pretty dang good. i have a few small mods to make but nothing major.

4. EZ Cool

EZ Cool
    Alliance Vendor
    from Slaton TX

If a 48" wide seat will fit then an S-10 or Ranger. If its 46" or so then the third seat from a mini van like a Plymouth voyager.

5. fun-ford

fun-ford

I used a 3rd row seat from a Ford windstar in my 37 Ford pickup.
    seat was like new and for $40.00 how can you go wrong.

6. jazz1

jazz1

3rd row van seats are a good option as they are usually in very good condition as they see little use..as far as a comfy seat to sit in for long periods a toyota 60/40 bench..ford ranger benches are painful IMO