Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest What are your plans for Fathers Day?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Jun 19, 2020.

1. My son drove in from Detroit and my daughter from Rochester. We will grille out Saturday then sunday i will go to the 39th annual car show at borchardts in Milwaukee.

2. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

Thanks Danny, you have a reply waiting...

slim38, 3W JOHN and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  3. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

My wife stocked up the stuff for a cookout, so we will have the whole gang here Sunday afternoon. That means all 5 grandsons, aged 5-20, so there will be plenty of noise and riding dirt bikes and 4 wheelers. The 11 year old wants to have a hot dog eating contest, first one that pukes loses:rolleyes: We were nor blessed with any grand daughters so I have to try to keep up with this bunch of knuckleheads. The 17 year old is bugging me to give him my 401 nailhead so he can put it in a 54 F-100 he is wanting to buy, so we'll see what happens.

4. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Both our Dads have passed and we never had kids (I'm not a dad), so just another Sunday for us. Perhaps I will try and use the Fathers Day ploy to see if I can get "lucky"...but I think we all know how that will turn out:(

5. gene-koning

gene-koning

Every Sunday in the month of June, our Church is having a "Drive In Church Service. We set up a place on the parking lot as a stage for worship and we have a single height scaffold our Pastor is speaking from (good thing he is young!), then we park the cars in a semi circle around the "stage'. We have a large enough lot to park 3 rows of cars deep. Last week we had more then 125 cars. The people are free to sit in their cars, or they can get out and sit on chairs they bring, or on blankets or whatever. I'm helping with the parking again this week.
    After Church, my wife and I will probably go for a ride in the coupe. I suspect our son and daughter and their families will join us for a pizza Sunday evening, based of past Father's Day weekends. Gene

6. Deuces

Deuces

BBQ me a steak!.... With all the trimmings...:D:cool:
    And also get me a case of suds... Cheers!.. :D

Last edited: Jun 20, 2020
  7. Smiffy

Smiffy

Accept all gifts from my children, eat copious amounts of roast lunch and generally sit around and do nothing.

8. perk03

perk03
    from VA

I have the son and daughter in law with the granddaughters and my daughter and the two grand dogs coming over for BBQ and brew. Toss some corn hole and enjoy the day. Won't be going for a drive in the truck supposed to rain.

9. I've been busier than ever since I retired 2 months ago, still up with the birds. I just finished a major landscaping job at the house and I need a day or 2 off.

So far my kids have asked what I want for father's day and I said I really have all I need. My older son drinks like a fish and I asked him to show up sober on Sunday. I'll make potato and mac salads and we'll probably do burgers and dogs. I have a miss in the Ford so I'd like to check the wires and plugs early since it will be cool in the driveway.

Normally we do something with my brother, but he's roped into going to Ct to see his grandchildren every 2 weeks. He hasn't really been to my house in 2 years and he lives 4 miles away, his wife keeps him on a short leash.

10. Here on the "eastern shore" it's gonna be steamed crabs paired with a fine IPA!

11. Elcohaulic

Elcohaulic

Get up and thank God for blessing me with another day with my beautiful wife and my beautiful life in this wonderful country we are all so fortunate to live in..

12. LOU WELLS

LOU WELLS
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from IDAHO

Just Eat Beef And Drive A Bomb... 18216498_1823198178004455_234520957857911356_o.jpg

13. greener200

greener200

My 19 year old daughter asked me if we were going down the Cape Cod Canal to do some fishing,,,,,,like last Fathers day . Absolutely ! I said. Im not much of a fisherman but any time one of my 5 kids wants to go ,I'm there

14. Work, then barbecue.

15. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I just finished a 2-week honey-doo project working mornings and evenings putting a cover on half of our deck. Too damn hot to work during most of the day lately. I'm gonna sit under that thing and enjoy some beef, bacon and beer. Kids will join me, and hopefully my wife will "reward" me for all of my hard work putting this thing together. Now that this deal is done I can get my weary ass back into the shop and organize the chaos. 20200619_175649_resized.jpg 20200620_095540_resized.jpg

Last edited: Jun 20, 2020
  16. Due to the pandemic the Pastor's sermon is from the front step of the Church and we sit in our cars, skipping ever other parking space, where there is a will there is a way. HRP

17. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

Nice deck, but I bet that clear top will be as hot or hotter than the sun beating down on ya!

Deuces, 3W JOHN and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  18. atch

atch

Clarence (avatar) is under reconstruction. Model A is still a project. Kids/grandkids all have other plans. Both our fathers have gone to their rewards. After church (viewed on Facebook; as we're still not allowing the sanctuary to be full) we're Harley riding with friends. Might come back here and bbq.

Happy Fathers' Day to all fathers out there.

19. Be careful on the bike there are a lot of idiots out there. HRP

Deuces and 3W JOHN like this.
  20. fabricator john

fabricator john
    from venice fl.

not sure what plans are theres a show n swap meet north of tampa tommorow but im sure ill be informed otherwise lol im sure im screwed
    fabricator john
    miss you dad

21. Budget36

Budget36

Well, got called in to work tonight, so once I get up I'm pulling cam bearings and cleaning oil passages, then back to work.

Fun!

Deuces, 3W JOHN and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  22. 30Caliber

30Caliber

Had my Father's Day meal last night, prime rib. Working on irrigation, mowing, and spraying for weeds today so I can devote tomorrow to working on my 39 Ford Pickup project. That is after the preacher's sermon online.

23. atch

atch

hrp; I've been ridin' those 2-wheeled contraptions for over 50 years and never been in a REALLY tight situation. That's because I am "careful out there." I always assume that every one else on the road has only one goal for the day and that's to kill me; so I ride accordingly. That has kept me out of bad situations so far. That and the fact that we ride predominantly on deserted back farm-to-market roads.

Y'all stay safe too.

24. Sometimes it's not the other guy, my pal Billy and his girl friend had a freak accident when they hot a wild hog that ran out in front of them, Billy ended up loosing a nut and hid girl friend broke her leg.

The ironic thing about the accident is the had just ridden over 1,600 miles and was less than 3 miles from home. HRP

25. pumpman

pumpman

Nothing special here, probably burn something on the grill for me and my wife. But it’s suppose to rain tomorrow so we’ll see. If it does I may spend sometime in the shop, lots of cleaning that needs to be done. Be safe everyone.

26. HotRod33

HotRod33

My kids are coming over and my so is going to have to barbeque.,. I just had a hip replacement Friday morning and they kicked me out of hospital today.... No hot rodding for few weeks....

27. Now that's a quick turn around, I hope the recovery is quick. HRP

Deuces, 3W JOHN and HotRod33 like this.
  28. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It's actually smoke colored polycarbonate panels that block nearly 100% UV light and about 66% of the sunlight. So far it's proven to be pretty nice beneath it, and the fan moves quite a bit of air.

29. And you don't have to deal with the Alabama humidity like Bobby does. HRP

30. Dad turns 80 Mon, getting a bushel basket of Maryland blue crabs. Semi regional thing, good eating!
    Described by my cousins from Sweden:
    Big green spiders that turn red when you cook em!