Register now to get rid of these ads!

What are you working on this weekend

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Verbal Kint, Nov 26, 2010.

1. Thank you and humble thoughts for those serving in the armed forces away from their own family on this Thanksgiving in order to protect my Life and Liberty.

My "pursuit of happiness" will block sanding bondo and guide coats, listening to my worn out Allman Brothers CD. Body work even in the small amounts I have is damn tedious work.... but if I want it straight.

Any HAMBers working on anything interesting?

2. 10bucks

10bucks

I'll be doing some shop cleaning and then finish welding in a new left rocker panel on my 54 wagon. Snow has us pretty well chased inside.

3. cwayne

cwayne

'51 chevy suburban.. got headliner installed and trailered it over to the glass shop for some new glass, trying to make the grand national roadster show in Jan. '11

Attached Files:

• 733.jpg
      733.jpg
      File size:
      506 KB
      Views:
    • 729.jpg
      729.jpg
      File size:
      474.4 KB
      Views:
  4. eddie1

eddie1

My 63 Chevy shortbox fleetside. Last weekend got the front clip off & 6cyl & 3 speed manual out. This weekend I hope to get the front suspension & crossmember off & install the crossmember from a 1980 Chevy half ton. This gets me power disc brakes & power steering so the wife can drive it. HAPPY WIFE, HAPPY LIFE!

5. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

doing some serious wiring in my off topic car, removing a ton of wires from the old computer controlled carb that went bye. probably going to pull the plenum on the lincoln and fix the valve cover gaskets, and pcv valve, and do some cleaning and painting on the off topic car

6. Finishing up my 90degree under dash brake set up and finishing the steering on my 1929 Whippet Hemi powered hotrod.

7. fbama73

fbama73

Finding someplace to turn my front drums, installing them, bleeding brakes, and hopefully getting the old girl back on the ground for the first time in months. While doing the front suspension rebuild, I cut a coil from the springs- it will be cool to finally see how much of a drop it gave me.

8. Deuces

Deuces

Probably start on a very old (1963) Monogram 1/8 scale model kit..

9. lehr

lehr

Metal finish this panel and build a fan mount from aluminum and prime some Camaro parts.

Attached Files:

10. big bad john

big bad john

.......Putting glass in my 37 Ford coupe......It will take most of the weekend cause a lot of friends will stop by.......

11. scratchtown

scratchtown

jag front end on my 49 fleetline.............no bolt on here recessed in frame 1 1/2 inches so she will loooooow

12. My partime job at Advance Auto Parts Friday and Sunday, my wife Sat night.

13. Doug B

Doug B

I hauled my coupe down to the shop where I work for the week-end.Heat,lights,coffee pot,welders etc. and 3 days of no people around....nice and quiet.I allready pulled the nwc t-5 out and have a turbo 400 ready to go in.Also plan to install different headlight/shock mounts and maybe work on a bulkhead behind the seats.

14. Pat Pryor

Pat Pryor

gettin my rear stance just rite in my model A. then maybe start cutting out pieces to start making cowl ,doors and quarters during the week and following weeks for my 32.

15. 4rod

4rod

bought a gasket for the therm housing...then sat there looking at the truck('54 f-100)

16. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Delivering a job to the shop, come back home and make some room to get my stainless trim polished on the bubbletop, putting away all the parts to the 29 Packard roadster, firing up the Mach Z fo the 1st time and checkin it over, going to a comedy concert, picking up a dining room table, might even try to get brakes on the hauler, once it's all said and done I'ma flop my ass on the sofa by 9pm Sun to watch Boardwalk Empire. Why? Who da fuck wants to know...:cool:

17. enfieldjoe

enfieldjoe
    from Eustis, FL

I'm installing the driver's side inner rocker and floor pans on my 50 Merc. Passenger side is next on the list, then the trunk pan.

18. jozw30

jozw30
    from Arizona

More floor pan work on my 55 Olds 88.

19. rschilp

rschilp

Building my kids a treehouse

Continue to take the body of my 1941 Seagrave

20. King Karl

King Karl
    from N.C.

Installing the spring pocket kit on my 57 Chevy frame, then figuring out how much to cut the 9" rear end going in.

21. 2002p51

2002p51

Getting started on Project "F***ing Falcon".

[​IMG]

I call it that because we bought this '62 Falcon for me to drive to work everyday. But, because of previous owners jerry rigged, half-assed, and down right crappy "repairs" over the years, every time I tried to drive the thing, something else would cause me to call it; "F***ing Falcon"!

I'm tired of trying to patch stuff up so we decided to give up, and rip the thing apart and do things right.

It's going in the garage this weekend and plans are to pull the engine and trans and fix up a few things there, then completely re-wire the car from headlight to tailight. The goal is to have it all "right" by spring.

22. Bruce A Lyke

Bruce A Lyke

I am working on remaking the area above my rear window on the 59 Nomad out of parts from two bad ones and some new steel. i am still hoping to find some of the parts (see my wanted post) but will proceed on a dual path for now. i have one lead so far on some from a fellow HAMBer and should know about them in a few weeks. meanwhile it is a good learning experience to try making them myself.

23. olcurmdgeon

olcurmdgeon

bought a cast aluminum finned battery cover plate. Making a template for a radio blockoff plate for my '50 Ford. Car was a Crestliner and already had the solid speaker blockoff plate that says "Crestliner" in the bottom chrome (hmm, wonder what that is worth?). Once I have the plate cut out, it will go to a machine shop guy that owes me a favor (brand new Fiero V6 I scored for nothing from Votech). He will machine it to hold two winged SW gauges (oil press/water temp) that will fit in stock radio hole in dash so I don't have to cut dash. Should look old style. Stock gauges are erratic, temp gauge runs high, instrumented engine with thermocouples, thanks to ex-IC tech buddy and it runs 165-172 with 160 degree thermostats.

24. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

If your gonna redo it, you better give it a new cleaner name so the bad carma doesnt carry over to the new build;)

25. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

It's time to get goin on choppin the vent windows on my '37 so I can finally get my side glass done.

26. Antny

Antny
    BANNED
    from Noo Yawk

Rebuilding the passenger side window and vent glass on the truck.....all new weatherstripping. That'll complete it, just in time for the nasty weather. WoOt!

27. Got some primer to block out on a '55 ford dash........hopefully tomorrow it will warm up enough to paint. Supposed to be up around 30 degrees....a heatwave!!!!

28. Porter Man

Porter Man
    Alliance Vendor
    from Mound, MN

Making mufflers all weekend! Got to get caught up! shipment going to SO-CAL Sacramento!!

29. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

Finishing up my windsheild /s final fitment then on to cutting down and respligning my steering box .Friday update Windsheild is done ,Im moving on to column..........

Last edited: Nov 26, 2010
  30. Roger Walling

Roger Walling

Back to work on my 55 Chrysler that was "finished" last Dec. Drove it all summer, now I will pull out the padded dash cover and re-cover it.
    The big problem was that you must pull the windshield to remove it. Thats not going to happen!
    I noticed that a late model 55 Chrysler had a different dash in it, it was cut different so that you could remove it from the inside, so I have padded the windshield with rubber to protect it and am going to cut the dash in place with a cutoff wheel in order to remove it.
    I will then make a ss moulding similar to the one used with the latter model dash to fill the space.