Register now to get rid of these ads!

what are you guys running for mufflers?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cayager, Sep 10, 2012.

1. B Ramsey

B Ramsey

my grandpa always had big chryslers, he told me that to pass inspection, they would drill a hole in the tailpipe to insert a nail, pack pipe with steel wool and put a nail in it to hold the steel wool in.

2. flatheadz-forever

flatheadz-forever
    from new jersey

wait what is a muffler is it something that quiets a hot rod down nope never used one

3. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I would have to say that Jeff K made the most valid point. What might work great and sound fantastic on one engine setup won't sound right or possibly work right on another or larger engine setup.

A lot of the younger guys (and some older ones) seem to believe that louder is better with no attention to the quality of the sound the car puts out going down the road.

The Smittys or Porters are great for our straight sixes and flatheads or custom cars but I'd think that the blown stroker motor needs some good turbo style mufflers that while having a good sound out the back don't give the brain numbing resonance inside the car like some do

4. HuffDaddy

HuffDaddy