Register now to get rid of these ads!

What are you going to build your daughter

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by PoPo, May 23, 2008.

1. PoPo

PoPo

As a new father I always thought I'd have a boy first. Well I didn't, god gave me a girl to pay me back for my college years. Well I was sitting at work and thinking, what would be a fun car to build for her when she gets older.

And then I thought about the HAMB, and wanted to hear if anyone has built anything for their little princesses? Did YOU build it, or was it a father daughter build also.

thanks guys.
    and to the dads with girls. god so help us.

"Ill be sitting here cleaning my gun all night!!! Dont be late"

2. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Ive owned my 53 chevy for aobout 10 years now..My Daughter is almost 10 years old. She has helped me do some of the work on the car as she got older and interested in what i was doing with it.
    She now claims it as her chevy..great!
    well i went and got a 28 Model A tudor project knowing , she will probably be driving the chevy once she gets older and has some drive time under her belt.

3. Goztrider

Goztrider
    from Tulsa, OK

My daughter is 15, and as soon as she shows enough responsibility, we're going to build her a '78 T/A. She'd better hurry up though - Mom says she cannot date until she has her own car, and she's been told that she won't get her license until she shows that she is responsible enough.

4. Ask Jetmek... Forget my next life, in this life I wanna be his daughter. xoxo

5. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

For my (firstborn)daughter's 16th birthday.
    I bought a 68 stang for 3200.00 and restored this 17 years ago.
    She still has it. Not quite on topic but still car related.

[​IMG]

6. Dirty2

Dirty2

Everyone knows whose car this is .:D

Attached Files:

7. Slide

Slide

My 2.5-year old daughter was watching a clip from the Indy 500 last week. She turned to me and said, "I wanna do dat!".

So, uh, what's the real estate market like around Indianapolis? :eek: :D

8. notebooms

notebooms
    Alliance Member

my daughter has claimed that my '62 Lincoln since she's been about two years old. since that time she's called it 'my car'.

she's 12, and not sure if the car makes sense with the way gas prices are going. but.... it's hers.

-scott noteboom

9. Gasser57

Gasser57

I restored a 68 Cougar for my wife, my daughter fell in love with it. So picked up a 67 Cougar XR7 for her. We've been working on it for the last year together. We took our first drive in it last weekend. Still more work to do, but she's really into it. It's hard to believe, but my high school cheerleader can rebuild a 4 barrel better than most boys her age. Next summer she'll be driving it. I'm sure she'll take care of it, she has lots of her time and money into it, same formula my dad used on me.

10. This 64 Falcon was my daughters car until she decided she needed something newer,,,,It's mine now! HRP

[​IMG]

11. I have a 57 Metropolitan for the girls when they are ready...

12. bulletproof1

bulletproof1
    from tulsa okla

i drove this 73 camaro in high school.i parked it in 91.when i told her about me driving it ,she said she wanted to paint it blue and fix it up.....i was thrilled !!!every time we go to my grandparents house .we have to go look at her car...shes 9 so in a few years im going to start getting parts together...

13. bulletproof1

bulletproof1
    from tulsa okla

heres the pic

Attached Files:

14. Fish Tank

Fish Tank

BUILD HER ANYTHING THAT DOES NOT HAVE A BACKSEAT!!

MG, Triumph Spitfire, Mercury Capri, you get the idea.

Later
    Jef

15. floored

floored

A 02 Pontiac Sunfire, now I feel like shit. Thanks alot.

16. farmboat

farmboat
    from Lucas, KY

I bought my daughter a '72 Chevy for $650 put another $500-600 in it painted and it's her daily driver. She only did minimum work on it because "school and band" the real reason is band and boys not to mention spoiled. The truck gets about 10- 11 mpg so now she wants a late model to get better mpg.

17. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

My oldest bought herself a 57 Nash Metropolitan when she was 12. Now she's 16, and we're still working on it, side by side. She really enjoyed assembling the engine. We're wrapping up front end / firewall mods right now, then engine goes in to stay.
    She went through a time of lack of interest, I think we're past that now!

18. My daughters first car was a big ol' buick,,,electra 225,,,she had several accidents learning how to drive and the car was big enough to kept her safe,,,,

She was hit by a drunk driver and the car was totaled,,,I firmly believe that tank saved her life,,,,HRP

19. Dan & Ashley Webb hold the title.

JH

[​IMG]

20. insane1

insane1
    from Ennis TX

The biggest dissapointment in my life is that my 14yr old has absolutely no intrest in cars.

21. 29 sedanman

29 sedanman
    from Indy

My 6 tear old daughter wants a nova or chevelle with D spokes! I am so proud!

22. I'm gonna be tackling this dilema very soon. My oldest daughter (of 3) is 15.
    One thing I've learned is let her choose.
    If she wants something old...AWESOME:D
    If she just wants reliable transportation, thats ok too.
    She will however learn to change a tire,change her oil, air filter, wiper blades and do basic maintenance if she wants me to help her with a car. I dont care if she chooses to do it herself, I just want her to have the basic knowledge so she can be self reliant.

23. Thats cool... but I'd still rather have Jetmeks daughters car.

I came inside to order parts, and here I am on the Hamb. Damn!

Attached Files:

24. brewsir

brewsir

Ha yea well there's worse things! I have a 18 and a 16 year old boys that aren't car guys. Just built the 16 yr. old a chopped chevy wagon that and he doesn't even want to get his licence yet???? But there's hope as my 14 (almost 15) daughter asks if she can come to the shop to work on the truck I am building! She already drives better than my boys and wants a classic truck for her first car. May give her the 49 5 window truck we are doing now.

25. converseandbowlingshirts

converseandbowlingshirts
    from Eugene, OR

My 12 year old daughter loves cars, and always has. As a little kid she would cry to take a ride in my '51 Ford. For a while she has wanted a late 60s or early 70s Dodge. I like that idea...the idea of cheap!

26. joly0022

joly0022
    from Ottawa

adopt me :confused:

27. well My daughter (8) wants to be a pro drag racer, or F1 driver. She still can't make up her mind, and Michael Schumacher is still her favorite driver.. She loves our model A but says she still wants a big assed JEEP!! As for my boy(2) He is a traditional gear-head all the way.

28. 53sled

53sled
    from KCMO

I'm going to build an island if I have a daughter. With a wall around it. And barbed wire. I know my college bros are having kids, and I don't trust em!

Well, boats motorcycles and planes are still available!

29. junkyardgenius

junkyardgenius
    from Kernow

Just finishing this for my daughter, not very HAMB friendly but it,s what she wanted,and as I have allready built a 58 Anglia hot rod for my son you can imagine what would have happened if I said no.:eek:

Attached Files:

30. northerndave

northerndave
    from Badger MN

I drug home a 64 4 door galaxie last weekend that was supposed to be a "parts car" for my own 2 dr 64 500XL. My car is a fact 390/toploader 4 speed car with bucket seats etc, neat car but the floors are shot all that way back through the trunk to the tail pan. I drug this pasture princess 4 door home to cut the floor out of.

Well, the 223 mileage maker 6 sparked to life & the car drove itself up onto my trailer when we went to pick it up... My daughter saw the car & cringed, so I began to joke that I bought it for her, I even made her go for a ride in it with me. Well, I'mm swinging that 3 on the tree through the gears & motoring along with my daughter 14 in the passenger seat & wouldn't ya know, she starts to like that damn thing.

So, I'm not sure if I have a parts car any more!!

And the more I think about it, having her surrounded by a full framed heavy steel bodied car that has barely enough power to get out of it's own way.... well, that might not be a bad thing for a daughters first car?