Register now to get rid of these ads!

What Are You Doing With Your Ride This Weekend ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by thenuke1, Mar 14, 2010.

1. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Nothing that good but I pulled this
    [​IMG]
    Complete with the hogshead to mount the T-5 adapter for the trans I bought two weeks ago. The Flathead Ford to Jeep adapter will have to go though

out of this
    [​IMG]
    To be a major component in the A-V8 project that is somewhat rapidly gaining parts and pieces.

2. Got this far today, Very pleased! :D
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. 3pedal

3pedal
    from Dracut, Ma

Crank it up and see if I can get someone pissed at me

4. rustyford40

rustyford40
    from Mass Bay

Opining the doors and letting the flood water out.

5. bulletproof1

bulletproof1
    from tulsa okla

my dads birthday is this weekend,so i drive the car down and take him to lunch then going to the hooters car show

6. I finally got both my front coilsprings changed on the Biscayne...wohoo :D
    / primerkid

Attached Files:

7. 52kiwi

52kiwi

Playing around with my rear guards look at what I found ,oh bugger.

Attached Files:

8. Tbomb428

Tbomb428
    from SoCal

Watching the dust get deeper on it.

9. todd_a

todd_a
    from Tyler, TX

I've been building a floor for the trunk of the coupe so I can go ahead and install the gas tank back in there on top of the floor and finish running the fuel line.

Also started working on a patch for the rear corner. Started on the driver side, but I have to do both, and the center is missing completely along with the trunk lid, so I got all 4 pieces new and I am figuring out where the corners go.

My corners didn't line up with the body molding lines so I had to pie cut it and bring it in a little closer. It also didn't make a complete turn like it was supposed to, so I had to cut the bottom and that allowed it to bend more. I've been doing that and fitting the patch in place for a few hours. About ready to tack it in there now! yay!

10. No pictures to prove any of this:
    1) Bleed the brakes on the T Tub and found a need for new "washers" for the banjo fittings.
    2) Got the brakes checked, bled on the lil chevy II
    3) Drove the Nova to poor boy Ryan's and installed a 289 Studie in his 64 Daytona "gasser" project
    4) Washed the Chevy II today
    5) Made a new to do list for next weekend.
    ~Great weekend-for me since I mashed the pedal on my Nova in a year!

11. Rehpotsirhcj

Rehpotsirhcj
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

My weekend in a nutshell:
    Finally got the carb sealed up on the 28 with a new float bowl and gaskets. Head was seaping a little so..off with the head! Waiting on a head gasket. Pulled two the rims that need new tubes, split them and started knocking the rust off for paint.

Attached Files:

12. fathead429

fathead429
    from Yuma, AZ

Found out that I am probably the fastest guy in Yuma Arizona!!!

I was halfway under my shoebox grinding out the slag after cutting my spring pockets for airbags. 7.2 earthquake hit, damn jackstands jerked 3 inches, and I split. Dont know how fast I was moving but I was up and out the front door before I ever heard the garage door shut behind me. $hittin and gittin! Had a buddy wiped out from a car fallin on him, and I figured today wasnt a good day to die.

13. Tbomb428

Tbomb428
    from SoCal

@fathead429, glad you got out from underneath there really quickly! Next time, put your tires under your car so it can't flatten you, even if it does fall. Sad to say, I lost a buddy that way too.

14. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

I finished rebuilding and installing 3 dueces on a buddies 55 chevy.
    built the fuel block out of a piece of aluminum round stock.
    [​IMG]

15. thenuke1

thenuke1
    BANNED

Thurs BUMP !!

Gonna wash the Chally and give her a Wax ... get her ready for Cruising Van Nuys and Spring Fling

16. thenuke1

thenuke1
    BANNED

cancel my plans ... got sick yesterday and its been a bit crazy with the weather ... the wash will have to wait til tues or weds ... for sure ...

17. Master of None

Master of None

I've got a break caliper hanging up on the passenger side but only on occasion. might try to put a new one on. Other than that getting ready for torque Fest.

18. ArtGeco

ArtGeco
    from Miami

Walking circles around my thunderbird
    spraying coat after coat after coat of clear.

Next week I get to wet sand all week.

Pics when I'm finished, not before.

19. fathead429

fathead429
    from Yuma, AZ

welded my new (hacked up pieces of old) exhaust back together and put the pipes back on the coupe. Got the wheels back on and took her for a spin. First trip on the new disc brakes and airbags. Felt pretty good. Think my fat a$$ needs to go on a diet, felt like the car dropped a foot with me on the driver side.
    This is my proud moment...

[​IMG]

20. Doc Squat

Doc Squat
    from tulsa, ok

Driving it to a saturday night cruise at Sonic on Brookside.

21. model.A.keith

model.A.keith

Re-fitting the back axle in the 27 after replacing all the suspension bushes,

cleaning the coupe, and going to a Ford spares meet (sun)

Last edited: Apr 10, 2010
  22. Powerwashing the Effie's bed because it has cat litter in it....to clean up oil from the old motor which is gone now. I swept the cat litter out but some stuck because of rain and oil

23. Torana68

Torana68
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Australia

.... not a good weekend so far, started the engine on a stand, no oil presssure, mate advised the engine has likely broken the drive pin on the pump shaft (Holden V8) tried to pull the pump but it was stuck, carefully tapped it out and the snout broke off in the block :( I think Ill go back to rust repair for a while...

24. Cal-Paul

Cal-Paul

Aint doing shit!!! My wife broke her knee cap on april 1st and this wasn't no aprils fools joke!!!! I have to take care of things of things at home for a while......
    P.S. Fellas... Its hard to hold down a home with little ones when your woman is down don't take her work at home for granted

25. fbama73

fbama73

Finished repairing the clutch linkage and actually took it on it's maiden voyage. OK, it was just around the block- but my daughter thought it was way cool to ride shotgun!

That's phase one of the build complete- it's now driveable. Phase two is going to be to get it roadworthy: brakes, kingpins, and a complete rewire

26. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

Lemme see, the '51 Pontiac wagon is getting a rear end swap. The '36 needs some ductwork built in the trunk to vent the rear radiator better, the Diamond T needs EVERYTHING, and I could finish up welding the w/s frame back into it's new home down lower in the cowl. That should take care of today...

27. thenuke1

thenuke1
    BANNED

Thurs BUMP !

Cruising Van Nuys was last night ... freakin awesome ! ... saturday im gonna make the cruise over to chatsworth California Car Cover. SPRING FLING SAT & SUN !

anyone in the Van Nuys area come on down ... free to the public ... Woodley Park 7am - 3pm Sat & Sun... SEE YOU THERE !

28. Master of None

Master of None

Getting the truck ready for torque fest checking bearings, fluids and such.

29. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Fixin' rust.

30. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

Putting a posi rear in the Sedan delivery, working on the 302 going in the back seat of the Corvair. Hitting a 15 mile long garage sale.