Register now to get rid of these ads!

What Are You Doing With Your Ride This Weekend ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by thenuke1, Mar 14, 2010.

1. Butcher's Shop Customs

Butcher's Shop Customs
    from Paducah KY

Repainting the 54...

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Turned out pretty good, 'cept the cat jumped on the hood. It'll buff. Fenders, runners, grille, etc will be silver.

2. flamed34

flamed34

It was a good day.
    I roughed out the mounting for my clutch and brake pedals. I ended up bringing them down on the left side of the steering column so I have room for my go pedal. I'll have to off set the brake pedal a little to the right for easier access, but it's all good!

I got the steering column mount roughed as well.

I have a lot more tubing to run and finish welding after I sleep on the setup. I also may shorten the brake and clutch pedals (they come forward too much, but need the travel room going towards the firewall - the kickout for the pedal mounting is just too much).

I also figured out my dash mounting - it's a '63 - '67 Vette dash shell - once in place, the center of the instrument hump was 2" to the left of center. A quick couple of cuts with the cut-off wheel gave me the clearance needed to re-center. I have a lot of work ahead of me to get the look I want (read as mesh and resin), but I think the end result will be killer.

All in all, not a bad day in the garage!

Attached Files:

3. Got the pedals mounted in the Galaxie and the dash and steering column back in, made a new shift knob for the roadster.

4. marvbarrish

marvbarrish
    from SoCal

Mounted my 2 doors on my 38 Chevy coupe. More adjusting will be needed.

5. FANTM58

FANTM58

Finished stripping down an old Honda Odyssey ATV I found, Me and the boys are rebuilding it,The frame and roll cage are going to the powder coaters in the morning,Then get the motor over to the cycle shop for some advice !!!!

6. wrayeugene49

wrayeugene49
    from eugene,or

well at 5:30 we realized ...no timing pointer so we had to stop 'till tomorrow....headers are done.... coolant in.....just the distributor and timing......and.....put the 3 piece hood back on.....big pain !!!
    Pretty nervous about an untested lo miles crate motor.....hope it purrrrrssss !!!

7. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Tweeked on the steering box and took the 56' down the road to the Broiler for a burger.

8. Kool49

Kool49

Trying to get this 49 fired up fpr the first time (for me) anyway. lol Just wanting to make sure the engine runs before i get any futher. Quick try but no fire ???

9. Payaso

Payaso

Family and I are 98% done with the Primer...top of the cab (Flat White) is done...should be ready to spray the finish color within a week of two...

Awesome Weekend!!

10. AlbuqF-1

AlbuqF-1
    from NM

Enjoying having it on the road and running great! I took two loads of tree trimmings to the dump, and in the process got my truck weighed for free on the dump's brand new scales -- 3,040 empty. Who says flatheads are heavy?!

[​IMG]

11. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

I hacked these homemade side mounts out from under the hood of mine. The crappy welds holding them on were thicker then the frame...

Attached Files:

12. Hot Turkey

Hot Turkey

I pounded on the coupe! Had a blast and raced anything I could. I love my hot rod!!!

13. thenuke1

thenuke1
    BANNED

awesome response to the thread ill bump only on thursdays and let the thread ride the weekend until the following thurs.

14. jmon77

jmon77
    from Tennessee

Well, since the weekend is now over I'll fill you in on what I did. Planned on changing out the old headliner in my 53 truck. Didn't plan on about 20 years worth of mice nest falling in my lap with mummified mouse.:eek: NOT COOL AT ALL!

15. roddinron

roddinron

I've been extending and lowering the headlights and frenching studebaker bezels
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Unrounding some badly rounded corners on an old custom hood that came with another project, and has been hanging in my shed for years

[​IMG]

And narrowing the upper grill lip to better fit the new fender extensions

[​IMG]

Still a lot of work to do,---------hey, you asked:)

16. thenuke1

thenuke1
    BANNED

Friday morning bump !!!

17. dw123

dw123

Well this Sunday, we'll be at Krispy Kreme, Shannon Corner, New Malden, Surrey, KT3 4NA, for hot rods, coffee and doughnuts....'bout 30 minutes southwest out of London, 10 am onwards...

18. R Frederick

R Frederick
    from illinois

Got the rear suspension puled out from under the bucket last night. Looks like a lot of grinding, sanding, and painting this weekend.

19. gdub

gdub

Gonna continue tearing down the panel if the weather doesn't go to crap.

Attached Files:

20. REM/Mo

REM/Mo
    from Missouri

I plan to try to fire up the 324 for the first time and maybe do some more work on the frame and rear suspension.
    When I get the rear axle in place it will be time to build a drive shaft.

21. Got any pictures Dave?

22. Draggin wagon

Draggin wagon

I hope to sale mine to buy my next one... Really want this 39 buick i ran across!!!! But if not, im sure ill find something to do with it...

23. RatRoy

RatRoy

According to the weatherman my ride will be under 6" of snow....I hate winter.:mad:

24. model.A.keith

model.A.keith

Oil Change .........then a ride if it's fine

25. Cruisin to the Church of The Holy Donut on Sunday morning :D

[​IMG]

26. Big Nick

Big Nick

I've been driving this daily for the last 2 weeks
    [​IMG]

And taking this out to Jersey on Saturday
    [​IMG]

27. cowboy.3d

cowboy.3d
    from Austin TX

Trying to fire my 239, after a new head gasket install and clean up.

Attached Files:

28. Lumpster

Lumpster

Between drinkin' binges I plan on cutting out the tail pain on my 57 & RE-welding a bad and crooked weld job I did about a year ago...... during a drinking binge no doubt. If (BIG if) I can get that satisfactory, I'm gonna move on to figuring why the trunk isnt sitting right on one side. Funny thing is all this was on LAST weekends schedule after I fixed a simple horn problem...... which ended up sucking up the entire weekend! Ahhh.... old cars .... ya gotta love em!

29. Today I'll lay a coat of hi-build primer on the cab of my 61 Apache and get ready for final block sanding, then maybe redo the steering box mount I fabbed for the Henry J gasser. I had a brain fart while building, kept the box clear of the oil pan, but left the bracket right in the way, doh!

30. perk30

perk30

Have to bleed the brakes again. Took it for a ride yesterday and it's still a little mushy. Also want to do a little more body work while the weather's good.