Register now to get rid of these ads!

What Are You Doing With Your Ride This Weekend ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by thenuke1, Mar 14, 2010.

1. thenuke1

thenuke1
    BANNED

Got this thread idea from another board ... sweet and simple whatever your doing with your ride of choice on the weekend, post it (with pics if possible)

so who is doing repairs, tweeks, upgrades, cruising to/with their ride this weekend ?

i FINALLY have a weekend day off which is tomorrow ... BUT i got a medical term test on monday so i might study for a bit and take her out for a wash and cruise to get lunch or something ... then come back home and study some more

Ride: 71 Dodge Challenger

2. conormulroney

conormulroney

Getting rid of a '70 Dart Swinger! Woo-Who, one less project to think about

3. 69fury

69fury

I'm getting ready to buy a roll cage kit, and eyeballing my stick welder. I used to be pretty good with it. Back in '89:rolleyes:

Wirefeeder's not in the budget, so i got some scrap cage tube, and spent the last couple hours cutting some fish mouths to practice burnin' in some 90's and 45's over the weekend.

I just cant decide if I should get all practiced up before showing my boys what can be done with a cheap old buzz box, or let em watch the old man prove that you can blow holes in steel, then surround them with birdturds.;)

4. nailhead terry

nailhead terry

Going to the parts store for my buddies !!

5. 50stude p/u

50stude p/u

Figuring out the headlight switch. Stupid wiring

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 14, 2010
  6. got the 318 back from the machinist, put it between the frame rails and started the process of making motor mounts. Gawd, I love fabrication.

7. bigs merc

bigs merc

Gonna cruise my 64 merc to a local swap meet. It will be a nice experience for the whole family

8. thenuke1

thenuke1
    BANNED

been there ... ended up paying 350 to get a pro to do it ... never had a problem since ...

9. model.A.keith

model.A.keith

10. watching it rust

11. well, im riping apart my brakes because they are leaking fluid...
    and reverrsing my upsidedown leaf spring shackles

12. I'm at work now but as soon as I get home I will start working sheet metal on the wifes A

13. rustyhood

rustyhood

Still working on my panel chop.[​IMG][​IMG]

14. flamed34

flamed34

Finishing the chop on the passenger's side door, figuring out my brake / clutch pedal assembly, and hanging my dash.

15. pecker head

pecker head

I changed the oil, filters, belts, fuel line , & blades on my Craftsman roadster . Then went for a hour drive in the yard .

16. paintcan54

paintcan54

Tore apart the wire wheels on front of the T-Bucket and sent some spokes off to Cal. to get replacements made, and putting new brakes on the rear. Seeing how that is the only brakes on the bucket.

17. dmw56

dmw56

Bought a 51 Mercury 255 for my 34 Ford.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Hoping to get the center section out of the Sport Fury's rear axle housing,AND...if I can score an axle puller,it will happen. If not,I,too,have wiring issues to deal with. Gawd,I hate electrical shit;it's no wonder electricians consider themselves superior to the rest of us ratchet-and-wrench troglodytes:). They're magicians,working with the unseen and unknown and I'll stop now so as to not inflate their egos anymore:D:D:D.

Oh,wait;I'd better inflate those egos,as I may need the help of one someday.

19. Shadetree

Shadetree
    from Va USA

Working on my homemade triple intake, for my stovebolt.
    And finding out that notching tubing, with a grinder, is harder than I thought it would be!!lol

20. skwurl

skwurl

pull it out of the garage so I can clean it up. I need to paint the Rambler gas tank and install it. I need to pull the center carb off the coupe and clean it out ( sucked some trash in it), then change the fuel filter on both. But I'm sitting here reading what everyone else is doing. I'm such a slouch. I gotta go.

21. Sweet!

22. Driving the A to Long Beach swap meet. Not to sell, just to drive. Shit, it's after 7, better get going

23. skwurl

skwurl

Oh and I need to rewire my wife's Comet

24. vncruiser

vncruiser
    BANNED

25. wrayeugene49

wrayeugene49
    from eugene,or

Today will hopefully be the last day of heart transplant surgery on the old dodge. My son and I traded engines and we both want to hear the fresh engine run. It's been two weeks of father/son bonding and cooperation for which I am extremely grateful!

26. droplord49

droplord49
    from Bryan, Tx

Doing a tranny filter/modulator swap on my old lady's 65 Mustang and taking my 37 Dodge out for some Sunday cruising.

Attached Files:

27. lorax54

lorax54
    from Denton, TX

Installing dual Carter/Webers on my 1952 Chevy Deluxe. Haven't fired her up yet, but she is looking way sexier.

Attached Files:

28. 29nash

29nash
    BANNED
    from colorado

I'm projecting a lazy day. Don't expect to accomplish much. First I'll sit by my spare motor, contemplate getting started on the rebuild of that. Will porbably digress...........
    then, I'll check the oil in Nash hot rod; test drive.

Tire pressure; test drive.

Go get gas.

Go get beer.

........nap time.

29. brewsir

brewsir

cutting out rusty floors and welding in nice new steel....yeehaw I hate rust!

30. 1oldrat

1oldrat

Got the wagon in a coat of slick sand.Now ready to work on the rear floor.

Attached Files: