Register now to get rid of these ads!

What are you doing with your car stuff when you die?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by falconwagon62, Jan 6, 2008.

1. MERRELL

MERRELL

do they have a h.a.m.b. in hell?

2. HHRdave

HHRdave
    BANNED
    from So Cal

My neighbor died and had a rare Mustang, car #11 off the assembly line. Painted a rare white with a blue racing stripe. He ordered it in 1963 before Ford even advertised having made the car. He died and his wife gave the car to the Mexican gardner.... WTF!!!!

3. hairypalms

hairypalms

my dad's best friend told me a story, he said there was an ad in the paper in the early 80's in winnipeg ( where he was living at the time) that said " old chev, first $100 takes it" or something. anyways his friend called the number, and went to see the car. it was an old lady, her son died and it was his car. she said nobody else called so she told him he could have the car and to just take it away. he went into the garage and finally saw what it was, it was a 64 corvette, i don't know what condition.

when i die, i know my car will be crushed, it looks like junk, and i have no wife or kids, but until it gets recycled i'll enjoy it as much as i can

4. Ford Freak

Ford Freak

At this time I'm leaving it all to my brother. Good thing he likes this shit.......

5. roadracer

roadracer

right now my will says that any car older than 1980 goes to my good friend who's into cars. I guess if my kids get interested as they get older i can change the will.

6. swazzie

swazzie

I'll be dead! Who gives a shit.................

7. Old School 40

Old School 40

:eek:Been collectin auto parts,sheet metel,collector car ,body tools,english wheel, hammers, for the better part of 40yrs. gonna give it all to my 32yr old daughter,my 3grand kids and son in law,sort of motor heads,also will leave enough $$$$ for a nice set of traditional 20s wheels for my 40 Ford and the 27 banger roadster. what do ya think !:D

8. yblock292

yblock292

It all goes to gasserkid, The car's, the shop, the house , all the junk, tools ,guns you name it. He's going to have a real mess on his hands !

9. slysball

slysball

You guys better have everything done in a legal manner. A close friend of mine promised me his one owner 1969 Mach one 428 cobra jet if any thing ever happened to him. Even made sure his wife knew about it! Because I love cars and it's value was of no importants to me. Unfortunately he died unexpectedly of cancer. When his wife found out how much that car was worth..... He had not been buried 2 weeks and it was sold.

I do miss him he was a great guy!

10. Katula

Katula
    from Austin, TX

I know two out three of my children really like cars.......so i will pass the titles along in both there names so they can battle it out.

11. Bob Dobolina

Bob Dobolina

My son gets all the tools & such, grandson gets the hot rod. Girlfriend gets the job of making one last trip across the lake ponchatrain bridge to scatter my ashes.

12. Yo Baby

Yo Baby

I will give my 32 to one of my kids if I don't feel like they'll just sell it.
    Barring that I'll have somebody else in mind to give it to who couldn't afford to buy it but will give it a loving home with the caveat that they will do the same thing when the time comes.
    As for the rest,,,,,,,,,,like my buddy B.C. says,,,,,,,,,when I die it'll be one hell of an auction.LOL
    I know how it feels to have hopes and desires and not have the funds to make them happen.

13. Armstrong

Armstrong

First in line is my wife. My son will end up with most of it,but I'm sure he will fight over it with his sister. At least I know it will be appreciated since they both are into the cars. The cars will be my legacy to my children.

14. Terry

Terry

My wife is 12 years younger than me, so this possiblity has been discussed. Everything except my truck goes to her. She would, or will use them as much as they are used now. she says, and I have no doubt, she will keep the tradition of a different Goodguys event each summer, and HAMB drags in the fall, going.

I know she will continue to use the tear drop, as camping is our secound passion. And this pleases me, it is the way I think it should be. I can not think of a better way to keep a memory alive than continuing with the life that was lived.

15. When I'm too old to enjoy these things, so will everyone I know. So, unless that changes, I'll "guess" when the end is near, sell everything and travel the world til I drop dead. However, last year, I thought I was fucked, and gave instructions to my sister who to give each car to. But, I dodged a bullet

16. All my stuff is setting my wife up for finding a motorhead for a husband if I die first. The guy s she will find will take care of her just to have 12 cars, a killer barn, a detatched garage, a lift etc. Its her Husband candy!!!
    Actually I have thought about it alot and I dont want any of my family having my cars. They would end up sitting outside and rotting as they dont have storage. Id rather my wife ebay them and get someone that appreciates my cars. Then my family can do what ever they want with the money.
    I dont have kids but have a pretty cool nephew and Niece but again, they are young and probably will never have a house with a shop etc.

17. Big Red

Big Red
    from wichita ks

All your buddies will be at the estate sale buying chep

18. GSX-PKV

GSX-PKV

All my stuff will go to my grandsons when I turn 100 and don't feel comfortable driving a 600 hp car.

19. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

At my age everyday I'm vertical is a milestone. I sold my deuce Vic and B400 and will sell the deuce 2 dr, HR&HP convertible, 1 roadster and the Harley soon. I might as well enjoy the money, can't drivem all. Let my kids fight over the 3 window, roadster and PU.

20. rstanberry

rstanberry
    from terrell tx

My wife ,when a little hacked at me for spending so much time in the shop, told one of the grandkids that she was gonna did a hole ,put me in the 40 tudor and bury both of us! Fine with me , grandkid didn't think it too funny though.My son (a gearhead) will probably get my stuff.

21. UNSHINED 2

UNSHINED 2

Sounds like someday there is gonna be a bunch of cheap car parts out there, as supply will probably outweigh demand. The HAMB is popular, but there isnt that many young 'uns getting into these ol' jalopies.

22. Shaggy

Shaggy
    from Sultan, WA

Hell the way i am i'm probably gunna be driving it.

23. RopeSeals???

RopeSeals???

My wife will sell whatever my nephew and/or my best friend doesn't want and probably dirt cheap too...

...so it can continue inflicting it's pain on some other poor bastard when I'm gone... HaHaHa!!!

24. KING CHASSIS

KING CHASSIS

Hopefuly my wife sells everything for what it is worth. And uses that money to help her raise my son.

25. safari-wagon

safari-wagon

I got so much shit, that I'm gonna find a relative I don't like & leave it all to him/her to sort out.

26. Retrorod

Retrorod

My wife of 35 years (Flower) will handle everything. She knows what the score is and she would finally have full run of the shop. I guess she could pass on whatever she wanted to my youngest son....if she gave him my sedan, he'll probably rip the fenders off, chop the shit out of it and probably fit some kind of blower on it. (This is all what he has suggested I do to it anyway). My older son is a good kid but he is a computer geek and can't even find his dipstick.

27. falconwagon62

falconwagon62

All going to Vicki Nova Now.....WE GOT HITCHED TODAY!!!!!

John & Vicki Howard!

28. congrats john on the hitching :D

as far as my junk goes when im gone i wont care so they (whoever "they" are) can let it all rot as far as im concerned

29. told my wife to call a friend that has lots of stough that is old
    my oldest daughtet is in my shop all the time doing somthing
    her husbend also is out there
    have 2 other daughters who have no intrest

wife said she will have a garage sale everythings a buck

30. Theo:HotRodGod

Theo:HotRodGod

All of it goes to my kids. I hope they can pick up where I left off.