Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage What are YOU doing to get ready for the 2015 Meltdown Drags?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Okiedoker, Sep 30, 2014.

1. Bugsy48

Bugsy48

Have a pair of motorhome manifolds, not 7 hole,but I'm close if he wants to take a look. Still on the bus. Bugsy

2. Jimbo, that pictured exhaust manifold is for the heavy duty (truck & industrial) engines. Typical HD motorhome, big truck, and industrial (think combines, military, etc) applications. Those cylinder heads are different than the more popular passenger car that use six bolts at the manifolds. Not ideal for high perf usage. I might still have a set of exhaust manifolds for the HD engines, but mine had the outlets straight back the ends instead of down at the center. Mine are in three sections that telescope together (like some bigger turbocharged diesels do) so they won't crack. MVC-621S.JPG
    Feel free to call me if you have any questions.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2015
  3. Bugsy48

Bugsy48

My drivers side is center dump, pass. is rear. Hope that helps. Bugsy

4. bigslim55

bigslim55

AJ, I texted Rick a pic of them & message. Rick said he'd like to change out heads to ones with hardened seats. He said he'd need intake & water pump assembly to match everything. He explained to me the block is 440, the heads are 413's also used on 361? He said its a 440-3 from motor home. To make a 440-1 he said he'd need heads, intake & water pump assembly. But at this point he just wants to get it running. He just had a son so he's on a shoestring budget at moment. But for a 55' Dodge the body is in amazing shape! I'll see what he says on manifolds...
    Jimbo...

5. bigslim55

bigslim55

I made a lil progress on hood this weekend! Have it roughed in, but still couple low spots. I'm pretty happy with how front hood center line came out! Starting to look like something...
    Jimbo ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1428878318.527784.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1428878387.295411.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1428878409.663508.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1428878438.976362.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1428878465.486022.jpg

6. powrshftr

powrshftr

7. bigslim55

bigslim55

Thanks Scott! I'm getting kinda giddy gotta take my time & try to make it look straight, but it should look kick ass on the old girl...!
    By the way how's the frame rail nightmare coming along? I figured you might be talking to yourself by now? Hello me! It's me again! Or send you some apple pie!?! You gotta get your mind right Luke... LOL...! Are you starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel? Good to know them FRAMES will be able to handle the IMMENSE HP of that lil 289...!
    Jimbo...

Dog_Patch and Tickety Boo like this.
  8. powrshftr

powrshftr

I'm getting WAAAAAY behind on the car with working nights and all....The passenger side is at 90%,and the driver's side is at about 20%.
    Once this crap is done,I can get to work on making horsepower,and start assembling the motor!:)

Probably a few more weeks yet Til Im there.
    Supposed to pick up the rear end from the machine shop this week,too,so it might actually stand on its own feet for the first time in quite a while:)

Scott

bigslim55 likes this.
  9. bigslim55

bigslim55

Scott, do you have any friends or HAMB members by you that could lend a hand? Maybe try to have a work party? I'm a lil far away to help out, but you gotta keep pushing thru! It will be worth it when you launch it from the starting line up on 2...!
    My question is Scott, how small will a certain Chevy be in the mirror? . LOL...
    Jimbo...

Tickety Boo likes this.
  10. 62Furious

62Furious

Jimbo digging through my treasures I have a pair of j heads nothing fancy just stock with 1.60 exhaust valves and a cast 4 barrel intake and water pump and housing, if any of that helps I will be a Jefferson in the next week have a booth can pick them up

11. 62Furious

62Furious

Scott working 2nd shift and doing all that work to your car I hope you are well rested for the Meltdown Hate to see you SLEEPING at the LIGHT!!

powrshftr, Tickety Boo and 30dodgeboy like this.
  12. Not much work getting done on the 55 but I have been working on the coupe. Last year the track told me to slow the car down or park it until my safety equipment was up to par. I agree with them so I decided to Finnish the cage.

Attached Files:

13. Tickety Boo

Tickety Boo
    from Wisconsin

I really like how you tuck the cage tight to the body (hiding in plain sight) nice:cool:

You cant hide that big block in that 55 :)

Norb

strokedstang331 likes this.
  14. powrshftr

powrshftr

I think you meant to say you can't hide FROM that Cammer in the 55! ;)

Scott

15. bigslim55

bigslim55

Bob, I'll try Private message you again. Maybe it didn't go thur? I can send you Ricks number or get yours so he can get in touch?
    Jimbo...

16. That cammer is so BADASS!!!!!!!:cool:

bigslim55 and INLAW MODEL A like this.
  17. Tickety Boo

Tickety Boo
    from Wisconsin

Imported Photos 00027.JPG
    Yup Speedy might try to hide, he gets a water in his eyes when he bites off more than
    he can chew:eek:

Cant wait to see that 55 run:) while (Sitting on the Bleachers):p

Last edited: Apr 14, 2015
    loudbang likes this.
  18. ...sitting in the bleachers? WHAT?!?!

19. Tickety Boo

Tickety Boo
    from Wisconsin

speedy buckled in.JPG
    Speedy has been riding with me since we starting running the 67 Chevelle in 2000.
    But now Scotts got him scared out.:eek: The post about (Hemis and Chevys hiding under cover).

Its going to take a healthy Rat or Mighty Mouse in a light car, Maybe Art can grape
    rape the Cammer;) Speedy would calm down then:rolleyes:

Last edited: Apr 15, 2015
  20. Tickety Boo

Tickety Boo
    from Wisconsin

AJ

Putting all the animated goofing off aside, I would like to put more quality bleacher
    time in this year.
    Had problems with my 64 in 2013 and spent to much time trouble shooting.

This year hope to see more cars run and B.S. with everyone.

Norb

21. bigslim55

bigslim55

Made some more progress on the hood... Moved inside hood support brace ahead about 6" & just in case cut a notch at rear of hood... Started wet sanding top of hood with 150 grit... Starting to take shape...
    Jimbo... ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1429233997.399325.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1429234055.051315.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1429234085.884879.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1429234129.281634.jpg

22. lookin good Jimbo!

23. bigslim55

bigslim55

Thanks AJ...! You ever been on a boat all day & you get off boat & you still feel like your rocking with the waves? My arms feel like I'm still sanding sitting on the couch... LOL...
    Jimbo...

30dodgeboy, powrshftr and loudbang like this.
  24. Bugsy48

Bugsy48

I hear ya, do it 4-5 hours a day, some 12 oz. curls seem to help!!

bigslim55 and twoponchos like this.
  25. I was running an endloader loading trucks for 14 hours straight one day... I swear everything was moving for a while when I got home... then I needed to put one leg out off of the bed to keep it from spinning, lol...

bigslim55 likes this.
  26. powrshftr

powrshftr

So it's 2:46am,and it's like Groundhog Day again....lol!
    Got the passenger's side at about 90%,began hacking and slashing on the driver's side tonight,and whaddya know,this side is WAY worse than the also-shitty other side...Lmao!
    So the big hillbilly and his grinder spring into action again!
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1429512570.720622.jpg
    (handsome devil!)

Here's what the back seat/trunk area
    Currently looks like.On the left you can see the new inner wheelhousing tacked in (I'm not happy with the job I did trying to fit it up and tack it alone,so I'm gonna cut the tacks and get my crew chief/Dad to help me fit it up about 1/2" higher and weld it out).
    On the right you see the carnage from two dozen Canadian winters and a big dummy with a grinder:)
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1429512769.973840.jpg

Here we have the sad view of the once proud Ford as it sits awaiting my legendary mig welding skills (looks like I threw molten wire around with a slingshot),and a few new custom-fabbed panels.
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1429512883.946269.jpg

Getting the housing back from the machine shop tomorrow (probably),so we should be mocking stuff up to see how nicely those M/T's center up in the wheel wells,and that annoying rubbing and bottoming out will be a thing of the past!:)

I may even be able to jump up one tire size,but that would throw my gearing all out of whack,so we'll wait and see...

If y'all will excuse me,I gotta go dig a couple pounds of rust out of my ears.....

Scott

27. powrshftr

powrshftr

Also,machine work on block should be done shortly,crank and rods checked out with a clean bill of health,and pistons should be getting whittled out courtesy of the incredibly courteous and talented Mr Ric Panneton.
    Short block assembly will commence shortly,with cylinder head assembly to follow,as soon as my last two valves are located (apparently small children like to play with shiny things,but can't remember exactly where they left them.lol)

Ps:
    Jeff:The lobes on this camshaft are big enough for a compound bow.You're in trouble Chum.

Pps:
    You know that "chum" is what they throw in the water to attract the Sharks,right...;)

Don't let that fin on my back poke your eye out when I blow by you on the 1-2 shift and disappear into the distance...:)

Scott

Last edited: Apr 20, 2015
  28. powrshftr

powrshftr

Also,
    The next one is going to be a SOUTHERN CAR WITHOUT RUST ISSUES.

Thank you.That is all.

55belairx2 and bigslim55 like this.
  29. bigslim55

bigslim55

SCOTT, "RUST NEVER SLEEPS"...! Sounds like things are starting to come together!
    Jimbo...

powrshftr likes this.
  30. Nice progress Scott! We have been burning the night oil here too!

Formerlyknownasruss.jpg