Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage What are YOU doing to get ready for the 2015 Meltdown Drags?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Okiedoker, Sep 30, 2014.

1. I found the hemi bed set

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Attached Files:

2. Ain't that the truth...

3. :D:D Just peed on my Ben Franklin sheets :)

4. rawcjw19

rawcjw19

IMG_0820.JPG We are really looking forward to our 2nd Meltdowns. This year was great, hopefully we will be able to have our car done enough to drive it there. I would write out a list but as you can see it would be huge
    :(

powrshftr likes this.
  5. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

It's not meltdown footage, but some of the cars were there...and it is just plain awesome. Watch the tach when Mitch Stott is driving on the in car part.
    Watch "Ware Shoals" on YouTube
    Ware Shoals:

6. powrshftr

powrshftr

Holy crap.Mitch almost snapped the needle off that frickin tach !

Scott

7. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

That reminds me of my younger days with my 331 inch small block in my 62 nova II and a 4 speed

8. powrshftr

powrshftr

Once you start twistin' em up,sometimes it's so much fun you don't wanna lay off that pedal,huh..?;)

Scott

9. Pretty sure the Tach was hooked up to Mitch's sphincter on that pass.

10. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

Hey Ric...are you dead set on a B&M style quarter eliptic setup? There is a 40 Chevy that runs at the Meltdown called the little engine that could. He has a different style that uses the stock rear half of the spring and shackle and the front half is replaced with the ladder bar...seems to work good and would require less fab work on your 56.

Attached Files:

30dodgeboy likes this.
  11. WOW, that is different, and cool, and well worth considering since it would be much easier. Thanks for the heads up. I really want to have something legal for SEG, and would like make as much of the '56 Old School as I can (longer ladder bars, and ditch the coil over shocks, being part of that) Is that the survivor 40 Chevy with the 377 SBC & 4 speed that runs 9.60's, I love that car!

Kindly
    Informed
    Panneton

30dodgeboy and II FUNNY like this.
  12. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

Yeah...the owner built the suspension like that in 58 if I remeber correctly.

Attached Files:

30dodgeboy likes this.
  13. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

So am I thinking right that with that spring setup you would not use housing floaters.

14. Correct, the shackle is the "floater", and the spring merely holds up the car, while the rearend rotates towards the back of the car during forward acceleration, and uses the ladder bar as a lift/leaverage bar. Anytime you see a leaf spring car with ladder bars, and no type of "floating device", the rear suspension is in a bind, the ladder bars, are basically along for the ride, and the car is trying to hook nearly on the tire alone, with no suspension aid.

15. That sphincter-ometer was pegged, LOL!

16. 55belairx2

55belairx2
    from California

Now I know where monster tachs came from...somebody made a pass like that, got back to their pit and said "We're gonna need a bigger tach!" If they had go-pros etc. like they have now, the driver probably woulda asked for a smaller tach so the engine builder never got to see how high the engine was turned!

30dodgeboy likes this.
  17. powrshftr

powrshftr

That's probably the true case when most guys walk into a machine shop after their engine grenades,and claim "I was just driving down the road and it blew!" Lol!

Scott

18. Saxxon

Saxxon

To help us get to Meltdown 2015 we are marketing a new air intake system designed to utilize the dynamic pressure of the airstream to maintain a direct flow of air. Made with a dual layer of recycled organic material supported by corrugated layers it's light weight - and - eco friendly ... which will make the wives and girlfriends happy (nudge nudge wink wink) The openings can be adjusted to size or removed entirely. Modifications and repairs can be made using common household utensils and every racers favorite tool - duct tape (Not included). We absolutely positively cross our hearts guarantee you will see an immediate performance improvement with this cutting edge technology.

If interested... send us you credit card numbers and a letter of authorization giving us power of attorney and we'll deduct whatever we think is fair based on how much we like you and how much beer you promise to share with us at Meltdown 6. All others we'll simply charge you $9.99 + $99.99 shipping and handling. Order now and we'll have these bad boys packed up and sent to you as soon as we get around to it. Don't wait... get yours while supplies last...

If you act now...we'll send you our Canadian Poop Noodle (Canoodle) poop bucket bum padding at no extra charge. This is a must have for you outdoorsy types that still prefer to poop in a bucket. Never again will your wife or girlfriend have that painful ring around the bottom. One use and she'll have you "canoodling" in the tent all weekend.

IMG_0133.JPG
    The Canoodle
    upload_2014-10-11_19-47-52.jpeg

Last edited: Oct 11, 2014
    9sectruck, 55belairx2 and 30dodgeboy like this.
  19. Saxxon, now I wish I would have gotten an patent on that type of air intake system... I got mine from my local post office and its even red white and blue... Gives a whole new meaning to 'haulin the mail' LOL...

55belairx2 likes this.
  20. Ya ok, now I am freaked out a bit, and must finally ask.., what the hell is the difference between Canadian bacon, and just..,bacon. Hows come you guys get to call yours Canadian bacon, and we just get..,bacon!? What gives? Spill the beans man! On a different note, I just found out that GIBBS BRAND lubricating spray oil is also a great paint restorer. The '56 looks even better now than the air brushed Hot Rod cover shot. Our adjustable front travel limiters came out tits by the way.., 1 down 25 to go.

loudbang likes this.
  21. PS. 6:40 PM & 78 degrees with a bitchen sunset going on.., in case you were wondering Davie.

22. fast30coupe

fast30coupe
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Illinois

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1413079738.401900.jpg
    Finish this pos like I said I would last year

55belairx2 and enloe like this.
  23. YA MAN, GO! We need another 56 in the flurry!

24. 27. Have Marc show me how to be a true Gasser Whisperer.

25. Saxxon

Saxxon

Oh... I see we're starting this sh*t again... well smart boy I'll have you know it's a balmy 42 degrees with NO chance of .... hang on...my wife's yelling at me... what is it dear ? Fahrenheit, not Celsius... 42 degrees... fahrenheit... well damn... Ok I'm back ... Ric... Canadian bacon is bacon made without the meat from the belly... and ... it's better ...so there ...

Now order a damn lightweight organic air intake system so I can send you a damn Canoodle.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2014
    55belairx2 likes this.
  26. powrshftr

powrshftr

Davey:
    You can expect to hear from my attorney any time now.
    I am NOT impressed!

Your "canoodle" design infringes upon my patented construction site/hunt camp shitter in use for nearly two decades,and known under the trademark name "Craptastic".....

Which reminds me.......

How's the Okie Doker running these days...?;)

Aaaaaaand cue the insult barrage!:D

Scott

55belairx2 likes this.
  27. powrshftr

powrshftr

Ps:
    I've been pretty busy with work for a few days,so FINALLY,here is my rebuttal to the Doker'd Ford sheets:

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1413084139.133708.jpg

Or,if you prefer:
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1413084165.047531.jpg

Or,this little crowd pleaser:

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1413084203.436186.jpg

Scott xoxo :D

28. powrshftr

powrshftr

Fast30,
    That is one badass looking 56,could you give us a rundown of what kind of drivetrain you're running,and maybe a link to a build thread if you've got one up?
    That car looks like it fell right out of 1965!:)

Scott

29. Actually, I've had Canadian bacon before.., we just call it ham..,why over engineer it, and confuse people by calling it, Canadian bacon..,aye?
    Has
    Another
    Meaning..,(Canadian bacon) This term is also used to describe Davie & Scott when the sun is out, and the temp is anything north of 45F. Canadian bacon can also describe one of these fellows or their buddies, either really pissed off, or sitting in a Sauna ,or jacuzzi.
    PS. That's a box, and bucket your trying to pawn..,you know that right? Ok, go ahead and put me down for one of each, and charge Scotts card, I'll settle my half with him later. If he asks, tell him we're going Dutch on Christmas/condolences gifts for "Poon Sprocket" he'll know what your talking about.., maybe a canoodle bucket for "Dog Patch" too, he'll need something to put all his crushed dreams in after Yesterdays Child gets done landing on Plymouth Rock. ;)

Last edited: Oct 12, 2014
    55belairx2 likes this.
  30. Don't tell him Fast30, he's getting frustrated with his 13 second Nag, and wants to go fast like the big boys do. Scott knows it starts with a Tri-5, but he wants the drive train recipes so he doesn't end up with Moon Pie on his face

55belairx2 likes this.