Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage What are YOU doing to get ready for the 2015 Meltdown Drags?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Okiedoker, Sep 30, 2014.

1. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

Just car weight.

2. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Dang Ric sounds like you have some big pants to fill.

3. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Playing around on the computer last night and came up with this...........Really looking forward to going BACK one more time!

1924397_766661706756706_1307632967190350958_n.png

beebee78, Tudor, saltflats and 5 others like this.
  4. bigslim55

bigslim55

Yes! Yes! Yes! Scott, AJ & RIC, got her running this afternoon. After fixing another leak & drip by carb... Adjusted the Regulator to about 4.5 pounds. Had it running for about 1/2 HR, engine seemed to run REALY smooth or has a real nice idle!
    AJ recommended a different fuel filter setup & different regulator... RIC's recommendation with a better flowing intake manifold & redoing fuel line, getting rid of a total of 7 - 90 degree bends from fuel cell to carb! Also kept an eye on fuel pressure, stayed at 4-4.5 pounds idling & if I'd crack it it drop to about 3.5 pounds & build back to 4-4.5 pounds at idle...
    So I'm hoping my fuel pressure problem is solved! Thanks guys for your ideas & help...!
    Jim...

powrshftr and 30dodgeboy like this.
  5. We are looking forward to it too!

powrshftr likes this.
  6. powrshftr

powrshftr

Really dug in and started tearing stuff apart tonight.Got the traction masters,springs,and rear end housing out of the car,as well as the driveshaft tonight. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1423290800.633019.jpg Also got the replacement housing trimmed of its spring pads and brackets. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1423290857.836801.jpg Looking forward to installing the Crites spring relocation kit,aluminum bushings,and messing with those wheel wells to get the tires tucked in a little better.Also going to fab up some mounts and try my $10 swap meet air bags out this year:) ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1423291047.300295.jpg

Scott

7. powrshftr

powrshftr

Almost forgot:Heading over the river in the morning for an appointment I booked today.

To go see the Gas Ronda 65 A/FX Mustang!!!!!!

The real deal,not a clone car.

Scott

Toymaker and 30dodgeboy like this.
  8. bigslim55

bigslim55

Scott hope you get the info your after! That twisted leaf front end would be cool to copy! You also may want to throw some depends on too, you don't want people to see you soiled yourself....! LMAO....!
    Jim...

30dodgeboy likes this.
  9. Finn Jensen

Finn Jensen
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That is pretty neat.. Here is my 37 Dodge coupe, about 1961. The clueless teenager trying to look cool is yours truly.

It was Cadillac powered with Olds Hydro. Rear was a Ford. I would like to say that I put it together, but I actually bought it like this. You could pick up cars like this for pennies back then. Wish that I still had it.
    37 Dodge Coupe.jpg

10. Tickety Boo

Tickety Boo
    from Wisconsin

Finn

With a car like that, in 1961 (You are Cool) it must have been one of fastest cars around.

Norb

Last edited: Feb 7, 2015
  11. I don't know what he charges, but Rollie Guertin is only 2 hours from Sarnia and he's one of the best in the business...

http://rollieguertin.typepad.com/

powrshftr likes this.
  12. powrshftr

powrshftr

Thanks Big A!
    I will give him a call!:)

Scott

13. bigslim55

bigslim55

Scott how'd you make out the Gas Ronda A/FX Mustang? You get any pics & measurements?
    Jim...

Toymaker likes this.
  14. powrshftr

powrshftr

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1423351493.661076.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1423351535.364302.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1423351687.927169.jpg

loudbang and 30dodgeboy like this.
  15. powrshftr

powrshftr

I got every missing detail and dimension I needed to start on my A/FX project......The Model A coupe and Hemi/Hydrostick stuff is all for sale as of right now.:)

Scott

II FUNNY likes this.
  16. bigslim55

bigslim55

Oh Boy, that Mustang must of tripped your trigger if your liquidating all your parts!!! You look like a 5 year old at X-Mass sitting in the Mustang!!!! That's cool you got all the info you were looking for!!! Congrats...!
    Jim...

30dodgeboy likes this.
  17. powrshftr

powrshftr

Thanks Jim,it's been a long road to gather all the info I needed.My buddy that came with me today can do all the water jet cutting,and machining of parts required.
    I just need to get all my stuff liquidated and get to buildin' me a Factory Experimental!
    (Light on the experiment.....Heavy on the mental!)

30dodgeboy likes this.
  18. bigslim55

bigslim55

Oh Boy the Lakeshore Shakker is going to be up on 2 doing stunts & double stunts!!!!
    What's the er/um Okiedoker going to do??? LMAO!!!
    Jim...

30dodgeboy and Tickety Boo like this.
  19. That's awesome Scott! I'm in search of a 392 block :rolleyes: just sayin.

20. I thought maybe Scott got too excited and passed out... LOL

Tickety Boo and bigslim55 like this.
  21. Is a caddy flathead considered a water heater? I thought Cadillacs had the exhaust out the valley center and did not run nearly as hot as Henry's boilers did.

22. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

Yes you are correct the exhaust comes out in the valley and no they didn't have the cooling issues a ford did I have a dyno video of the engine my motor sponsor and I have been working on but I'm too dumb to figure out how to get it loaded up lol as soon as i get it figured out ill post it up cause it's badass

23. Put it on Youtube and then just paste the link in here. Here is one clip from our magneto test session yesterday :

30dodgeboy likes this.
  24. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

Well that's the problem I can't get it uploaded to you tube from my iPhone and no one I know can tell me how apparently I'm the only one in the universe that has an iPhone who can't take a video and upload it to you tube lmao

25. The way I see it its more important to know how to build the engine and car than upload a video. We are all going to see it in person this July right?

loudbang likes this.
  26. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

Glad I'm not the only one who sees it that way lol and yes that is the plan I would post up some pics but it's in a million pieces right now not much to see but if the weather keeps up this nice in a month I'll be taking it for a spin down the street lol

30dodgeboy likes this.
  27. tricky steve

tricky steve
    from fenton,mo.

HA-HA-HA!!!!! I promise to do my best,and pull my head out of my ass! that will be first priority.
    last year, (2014)working waaaay too many hours,and spent the last few hours getting ready for the melt down, working on the A/C. for the trip (330+ miles one way i don't trailer my junk,**unless it's broken) and didn't mess with the tune up(oops !!)been driving it to work and on trips , but nothing serious with traction !! eased into it,through low gear(no wheelie bars yet) rolled it on,and went into detonation about 1.85 seconds after W.O.T.(dang it),i coasted through,..and still killed 4 intake valves,and 7 pistons pistons(DOH!) loosened the intake valves that were wounded,and drove home. then replaced the carnage once home... but the A/C was cold!! DUH
    but still got to give Ed Iskendarian ride, that was better than anything else that could have happened anyway. one cool guy, for sure.,that dude is my hero.(yes i have an isky cam,and lifters)
    year before,(2013) i broke a rocker arm about 50 miles away from the track on he way there,, had to borrow a trailer,from a friend that I was making fun of for trailering his car..(that was an embarrassing call) and watch all weekend,nobody had a compatible rocker at the track.. dang it ! stupid hemi.
    so, for the third year attempt, i hope to just make a semi-clean run. and get home with no issues!
    the model A truck(princess cheryl) made it there, raced all weekend (21 runs) and made it home,and our dragster made it all weekend, no issues.. now i gotta focus on my junk.

28. tricky steve

tricky steve
    from fenton,mo.

yeah,i had been putting timing in it,for "regular" driving, i drive this thing to work regularly,and we take trips in it, (it's a streetrod) when i killed it at the melt downs, i had 38 degrees in it. guess it didn't like it much. when we tuned it to death on the dyno, we were at 28 degrees, but i didn't like the way it sounded(lazy too me) so i put a degree here and there in it, and never had an issue, but it was never hooked up. traction loaded the engine,and killed it DOH!

29. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Paint is happening as we speak..........the Twin will be wearing it's NEW Suit! :D
    paint8.jpg
    Copper Base for Candy Red. paint7.jpg
    The "masked area will be a Candy Orange with some art....all I told my friend is to keep it traditional. paint6.jpg
    Out in the Sun! After all colors are on the Clear will be sprayed!

30. Looks great Rocky!

Are you trying to make me & my car look bad when we line 'em up???

;)

I still need to sort out those 'new car' bugs before I can paint, plate, & polish...