Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage What are YOU doing to get ready for the 2015 Meltdown Drags?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Okiedoker, Sep 30, 2014.

1. Its ok Marc, I've been expecting some abuse from the fly'n giraffes word hole. We deserve it not showing this year, I guess someone shoulda triple dog dared us or something, but after missing this year, I'm inspired more than anything to make it next year, come heaven or high water! I'm really sorry I wasn't there to sweep Brokie crumbs off the starting line, but it looks like they got it handled and Jeff oughta have "Jumping Jack Shaft" repaired by next year so we can bitch slap the candy stripes off of it.
    Meltdown 2016 here we go!

Last edited: Jul 20, 2015
  2. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

MDA crew put on the best nostalgia Drag Race show on the planet and if any one thinks different send them my way and I will kick there ass. Thanks for letting me be part of the show with my junk.

3. Okiedoker

Okiedoker
    from Wisconsin

I will make sure to share a few pics of the 50 year old perches that picked a fine time to fail... At least I got to run it twice before it happened.

I got 362 days to get everything ready!

4. Make sure you strap gusset those babies & have some 5/8 u-bolts made.

5. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Now that's the Ric we know and love.
    you must be feeling better now that it's over.

6. Sooooooo close to updating the cage! Lol!

7. Ya, I've been going through withdrawals for awhile, knowing I couldn't go this year. The night racing looks really bitchen, and all you guys made a great effort! I learned a new phrase for hot weather too, "ball gravy hot".., that is pure gold right there. Marc is coming over tonight so we can get our mojo rolling again.

8. speedwise

speedwise

Put all of these nice posts together and make it x10!! As usual, great people, great show, great time. Thanks for all your hard work MDA.

Swamp Rat 4, Dog_Patch and 9sectruck like this.
  9. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

Wrenchbender is going to change his name to tranny popper as he grenaded that thing...thank god it was the last run on Friday night.

Says the guy who blew his rear end lmao

The meltdown was fantastic was nice seeing old friend and meeting new ones pannenton you were missed greatly cause if you had been there I would have stolen that extra Jerico Trans you have and put it in my truck to finish up the weekend hell paying for that would have been cheaper than the ones in the swap meet lol Scott missed you buddy wish we could have hung out a little longer And I'm gonna steal the thread for just a bit and ask everyone if anyone has a lead on a affordable Jerico, Hightower, rankin, liberty, or any of the like Trans I'm in the market now I can't keep these damn Chevy Trans together the one that blew up was full of good parts and still won't hold up pm me if you have any info leading to the capture of one lol. Now back to the show

Dog_Patch likes this.
  10. suicide_king.jpg
    All I can say is "All hail the Suicide King" ...Good night.

11. bigslim55

bigslim55

Jeff, did you change over to Caltracs from I think slapper bars? From pic it looks like Caltracs bar coming up from rear end to front of spring?
    Jimbo...

12. Quain may have a Jerico, he has been swapping them out for High Towers when he can.

13. Okiedoker

Okiedoker
    from Wisconsin

Jim, yes I did change to Caltracs. They did their job alright! The car launched great the first two runs, so of course I pushed it a little further and found the new weak point.

Is it me or is Scott rather quiet?

bigslim55 likes this.
  14. jimdillon

jimdillon

The Meltdown is the highlight of car events for me for the last three summers. The MDA crew and the Byron crew are the friendliest people and every year I seem to meet new friends in the surrounding pit area. For real vintage drag racing it cannot be beat.

I am one of those guys that still tries to live the past days of drag racing as it was in the 60s and this event really takes me back for sure. So many of the cars really put on a great show. Quain (and others for sure) pulling the wheels in the first three gears-his brother Mitch doing the announcing during the Southeast Gassers show was really something as well. Would like to hear a recording of Mitch’s announcing again, made me smile for sure. I told Mitch his announcing was a real classic.

Can’t thank the MDA crew and the whole Byron crew enough. They really put on a truly classic event. Pitted close to Saltflats and Wrenchbender, both great guys. Met other great guys that don’t frequent the HAMB as well. Had a great time. Can’t wait for next year.

15. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

Thanks ric I'll get in touch with quain I tried to get a chance to ask him but that man was busier than a one legged man at ass kickin contest lol

Jimdillon I had no idea who you were till just now I followed your gasser vette build that thing is amazing it was nice to meet you and the vette you brought was a nice piece as well keep me posted on the teeter vette I would like to see that car built hell if you need a driver I'm putting in my application right now lol

16. bigslim55

bigslim55

Hats off to the Meltdown Crew, the Byron Dragway crew, the Ogle Co Sheriff & Town of Byron for letting us racers use the streets to go to the drive-in...! What a AWESOME & UNIQUE EVENT...!
    It was great to see Scott & his dad Rodger, geez we gotta wait a year to see the Lakeshore Shakker do its thing...! Man Scott you gotta post video of that bad boy starting & launching at Dragstrip when you get her going...!
    I gotta give JEFF props for his awesome announcer skills at the pinup contest...!
    I thought the coolest thing I seen was that Flathead V8 dragster running in the 7's after blowing head gaskets at top end & getting a lil out of shape too...! Theres someone with some kahunas...!
    The night racing was very cool & hopefully It will get expanded to Friday next year...! Eric thanks for letting me be part of it...! AJ thanks for chaining the trailer I appreciate it...! It was cool putting faces to names from the HAMB...!
    Can't wait till next years Meltdown...! Guys you got a year to start & finish your cars...! If you haven't been to the Meltdown & experienced it, you gotta put it on the bucket list...! To steal Buds quote, WHEN YOU SAY MELTDOWN DRAGS YOU SAID IT ALL...!
    Jimbo...

17. jimdillon

jimdillon

Wrenchbender, the Teter Vette has to wait its turn as I am working on another project right now but will surely keep you in mind. Love the picture of you with Missy's umbrella.

18. OK felllas...With all the shit talking I've read here.....Who kicked Who's A$$,Who Faultered,Who came up Snake eye's? Who beat Who? Share a lil for those who watch on the sidelines......

55belairx2 likes this.
  19. squirrel

squirrel

I wasn't keeping track.....but I got beat by John Clark, and I beat Redline Racer.

Fun stuff!

and I didn't get to race racer-x, I was doing unnecessary work on my car and he had to head home to take care of some important stuff....but he ran 10.009 Sat night, and I ran 10.08 Sunday after lunch.

20. Zettle Bros.

Zettle Bros.

That's got to be one of the greatest highlights with the car, seeing Arnie watch you right at the Christmas Tree.

wingnutz and squirrel like this.
  21. squirrel

squirrel

And the Southeast Gassers put on a hell of a show!

22. Zettle Bros.

Zettle Bros.

Okiedoker took on Eric, lost again. Went back to the pits, crawled under the car with a big hammer, banged on the rearend. Went back for another round, broke rearend. Didn't have to suffer another loss to Eric for the rest of the weekend.

30dodgeboy and 55belairx2 like this.
  23. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

just found this video on youtube.

wingnutz likes this.
  24. OK Guys- I hope you all had a great time,and were safe.... Is it too much to ask for some pics of who is who,and who you ran against? Hard to tell the players without a program........
    I know some of you by pics/posts, but want the match up's,results,your friendly banter.........
    No need to get crazy here- I'm sure you all had fun,and ran hard! Wish I was there making you work for it!

25. another awesome weekend at meltdown drags! cant wait for next year. thanks MDA guys! you put on an awesome show!

26. BigDrag

BigDrag
    from Milwaukee

Another video found on youtube. If you got 5mins to spare I think you'll like it.
    Nice job to person who put it together if you're on here.

Dog_Patch and wingnutz like this.
  27. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

does anyone have any pics of video from the drive in restaurant.

28. cs39ford

cs39ford

enloe likes this.
  29. 62Furious

62Furious

Thank to the MDA crew for another fantastic show. It has been great to put faces to names on the HAMB.

30. Ya Squirrel...ya got me!!! First time I ever got shot down by a Squirrel.... ( I let him win by redlighting on purpose...be-ins he is company...ya know...from outta town and all.... but don't tellim.... he is a helluva nice guy....)