Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage What are YOU doing to get ready for the 2015 Meltdown Drags?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Okiedoker, Sep 30, 2014.

1. powrshftr

powrshftr

Gonna go out there and sweat my ass off for a while tonight.

Would have been out there earlier,but it's the Wife's birthday today,so we had to do dinner and movies,etc.

Scott

beebee78 and II FUNNY like this.
  2. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

1/2 min on the seat brace

3. powrshftr

powrshftr

Thanks James!:)

4. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

If I get a handle on this 409 20150629_195800.jpg
    Just saying.

55belairx2, Tickety Boo and powrshftr like this.
  5. Okiedoker

Okiedoker
    from Wisconsin

IMPORTANT NEWS....

An e-mail was sent tonight to all pre-registered racers. Please check your e-mail to make sure you received it. If you don't see it, make sure to check your spam or junk e-mail folders.

If you didn't get it, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and we will reply to your e-mail with the info.

16 days ladies and gentlemen...time to put the trash talking aside and let's go racing!

Tickety Boo and beebee78 like this.
  6. powrshftr

powrshftr

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1435806690.158972.jpg

Nice Jeff.Very classy.lol!

Scott

7. Okiedoker

Okiedoker
    from Wisconsin

Sorry Scott, I didn't realize that AJ put that in the final document...

30dodgeboy and powrshftr like this.
  8. powrshftr

powrshftr

Don't apologize Jeff,I was laughing my ass off when I printed it off at work!:)

Scott

9. wait wait wait....

If I had written that document it would have read something like "Its just not as exciting watching a poorly matched up pair of cars go down the track. Well, except for seeing the Lakeshore Shaker put the 'Okie Doke' on Jeff for a 1/4 Mile..."

oh yeah...

;)

powrshftr and Dog_Patch like this.
  10. I still don't know why you MD guys need to know the length of my rig? :rolleyes: ;) Is there going to be a sock in the goody bag?

11. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

Wrong rig...that's between you and the rest of your club.lol

Is the delivery hauling all the way to northern Illinois?

30dodgeboy likes this.
  12. Yeah that's my sleeping quarters :D. Its been running good after the heating problem and carb issues were solved. Looking forward to this trip!

Tickety Boo, 30dodgeboy and II FUNNY like this.
  13. powrshftr

powrshftr

Center section for 9" assembled,rockers delivered,gasket set arrived,main and head studs are here,bearings will be pressed on axles by the end of the day,picking up block and pistons tomorrow morning,picking up driveshaft and misc parts tomorrow,heads will be assembled the first of next week,rotating assembly goes out for balancing the first of next week.
    Looks like we might make it.
    Mike with the "Lark Ness Monster" is cutting it close too...He has even more to do than I do!

Can't wait to get it buttoned up and see you guys again.

Scott

14. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

Two years ago this time...my(Jeffery's now) 31 Vicky was in pieces...the body was on saw horses and the chassis was dissembles all over the place, and somehow with help from some good guys we made it to the Meltdown...you guys can make it.

15. beebee78

beebee78
    from illinois

Looks like the Border Bandits got some long nights ahead as well !! Cause right now ALL HACKED UP, is ALL JACKED UP !!! Big changes coming for Joe !!!

16. 1bad32sedan

1bad32sedan
    from Wisconsin

Yes All Hacked Up is undergoing a few changes right now. I just got shortblock back yesterday. Had Ric at CP-CARRILLO make me up a custom set of 13.1 pistons for the Old 454. will now have aluminum heads, different cam, and a Jackson Injection. Will also be installing for the 3rd time a B&M Clutch Turbo setup. It hasn't faired so well the other 2 times in car. Also gonna do a gear change.

17. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Not to take a shot at you Scott but if you are using main studs you should have the main bores line honed. it can change the way the caps deform when torqued down.

loudbang likes this.
  18. blue 49

blue 49
    from Iowa

I knew my car wouldn't be ready so I didn't even think about registering, but I swear, I think I'm farther along than some of you guys.

Gary

19. powrshftr

powrshftr

I think you're right Gary!

20. jailbird

jailbird

I have moroso drag specials 7.10 x 15 on 57 chevy

21. bigslim55

bigslim55

Well think I'm starting to make some progress with the off idle bog with the 55'...! Started with Fuel pressure being a little low so bumped that up & reset float levels... From there went to timing. Got an adjustable timing pointer, then went & found TDC with piston stop & adjusted pointer... Used timing light next & found things were off quite a bit. With Norb & Scott's suggestions starting at 10degrees & bumped it up to 14 & 38 all in. At the time got another message from Norb, he said what color are the pump cams? So checked them & I'm like WTF?!? The rear has a white cam & front a pink...! Norb was kind enough to send me some cams he had & got them yesterday. So late afternoon started carb cam swaps... Started with 2 whites, still had bog... Went to orange & had some improvement. Then changed them out to the blue cam in 2nd hole & tweaked timing... Seemed to do the trick...! The bog is nearly all gone, there's just a lil now! Talked to Norb last night told him of progress, he said might want to try bigger squirters to get that last lil bog out, also said maybe trying the 50cc accelerator pump would help too?!? The voice in my head says try them! LOL...! Also removed old POS gas pedal setup & got a Lokar setup! Got pedal mounted yesterday too. Had to stop, exhaust fumes gave me a headache... so with any luck I hope to have new hole drilled in firewall for cable & cable shortened up & installed today... Then try a couple test hits out on the street & see how it responds under a load & if bog is noticeable... Thanks again Norb/Scott for help & suggestions, two class guys...!
    Jimbo...

22. ...you guys must work well under stress....

powrshftr and 30dodgeboy like this.
  23. Saxxon

Saxxon

This sounds like a mirror image of my efforts. Fun huh ??

I just ordered in 2 x accelerator pump cam kits, bigger shooters and 2 x 50cc accelerator pumps so I have options at the chassis dyno next week. My tool box in the trailer looks like I rebuild carbs for a living... or into humiliating self abuse... not sure which is applicable.

As stated, I'm on a Chassis dyno next week (read that as - more $$$ dumped into these &$%@ !! carbs). Then hopefully some live testing on the 11th. With any luck - and the planets align - and the drag gods smile on me - and my medication kicks in... I'll be back to 4 foot wheel stands, closer to the 10.50 index, still married and maybe, just maybe having fun again. Just in time to load up and head south for the greatest gathering of vintage drag race machinery and the most organized 1/4 mile celebration in the world.

By the way - if you see a guy dressed in a Canadian flag carrying a shotgun and wearing a bandoleer of explosives - you might want to leave the area

Last edited: Jul 3, 2015
  24. "Endeavor to Persevere" Chief Dan George said it all....

25. bigslim55

bigslim55

And the cure is the Meltdown Drags...! Wonder how many guys have gotten the itch to finish, build or rebuild there cars after being at the Meltdown? Can't wait for the smell of racing fuel & burgers cooking in the air again...! Oh and watching the cars going down the track to...!
    Jimbo...

Tickety Boo likes this.
  26. Saxxon

Saxxon

I have a dream...
    And my dream is - a race car that works
    A race car that is ready to put on a show at Meltdown - before Meltdown
    A race car that isn't a black hole for my bank account - because it's ready
    A race car that no longer taunts me and seduces me into making changes - because it's ready - and I'm happy with it
    A race car that is a joy for me to run every chance I get - because I'm happy with it - and it's running right
    A race car that is a source of entertainment for others - because it's running right and it's cool
    A race car that is a source of inspiration for others - because it's cool and it's putting on a show
    A race car that is wheels up and hauling ass with the Sinister Stude - because we're putting on a show - and we're at Meltdown

And that would be cool - because I have a race car that works

I have a dream...

Last edited: Jul 3, 2015
    wingnutz, loudbang, Dog_Patch and 5 others like this.
  27. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

We all share the same dream Saxon lol

28. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Hears some shots of the 7.10 on the front of my charger. 20150703_124845.jpg 20150703_124930.jpg 20150703_124942.jpg

Tickety Boo and II FUNNY like this.
  29. Wut he sed^^^^

30. bigslim55

bigslim55

Saxxon, I share your frustrations too...! Got it together, accelerator cable hooked up & works smoothly... Still having a problem with rear carb. 4 rear plugs are black again... Got a feeling it's going to be takin apart & cleaned. It's gotta be bleeding gas somewhere... Well guess I'll start by pulling rear float bowl see if any junk in there...
    Jimbo...