Register now to get rid of these ads!

What are these worth? (tires and wheels)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mootz, Aug 8, 2005.

1. Mootz

Mootz

I know everyone hates these type of threads but I'm thinkin of buying different wheels and tires and was curious what mine may be worth. My rear wheels are 15x8-5x4 3/4 and the front are 15x6-5x4 3/4-5x4 1/2. Both sets are powdercoated red but painted green. Front tires are 6.00x15 BFG Silvertowns (wide whites) and the rear are L78-15 Coker Commanders (wide whites). Tread on both are in great shape, a little rubbing on one rear tire which basically smoothed the lip between the whitewall and the black. Just trying to find out what kind of dough I may need to come up with. Lookin for a reference. Here is the combo. Thanks.
    [​IMG]

Mootz

2. T McG

T McG
    from Phoenix

Figure out what they are worth brand new and cut in half and you won't be far off.

3. WTF they are worth what you can get for them

4. Lucky Strike

Lucky Strike

Not worth anything to me. My truck takes 6 lug wheels. But, they look cool on your truck. Whatcha thinking about replacing them with?

5. those types of rims are like gold in florida.

6. InDaShop

InDaShop
    from Houston

I don't know, but I'd be interested. Sent you a PM, be a good reason to make it to Maryville.

7. bills model a

bills model a
    BANNED

you aint gettin a nickel out of me

bill

8. Mootz

Mootz

I realize that they are only worth what someone is willing to pay, but as I said, I'm mainly looking for a reference. The reason I'm thinking of new ones is because the rears are the wrong bolt pattern and have adaptors on them which pushes the wheel out to the fender. I'm thinking of ditching the airbags this winter and replacing them with coilovers but I want it to ride lower and with these wheels on the rear, it's not possible. I want it to ride at the height that it sits with no air in the bags. Thinking of going with 15x7's all around and plan on painting them the same color and then going with the same size tire all around also. Most won't even notice I changed a thing but just something I've been thinking about. Thanks to all of those who PM'd me.

Mootz

9. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

The truck sits/looks perfect....don't do a thing.

10. Mootz

Mootz

I'd agree with it sitting perfect, because it has no air in the rear in all of the pics posted on here. That is how I want it to sit all of the time. When I put air in the rear bags, it brings the fender lip close to the top of the tire which gives the truck a pretty big rake which I really don't like. The wheels are going to stay the same color, just the right bolt pattern with the same size tire front and rear and the truck will sit level and low all of the time. I don't know, waiting on the money fairy also.....

Mootz

11. the reason for the WTF is really good posts get buried with all these how much is my rear veiw mirror posts that are really BS as far as I am concerned .I mean come on unless its some rare part no one has seen there is e-bay for a refrance thats what the shit bags at the swaps tell you right?? "they go for this on e-gay" I see you got a yr on here get a clue and start threads that matter

12. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

I'll give ya $15.

13. knuckle

knuckle
    from Missery

Your 2 responses buried two of your "really good" posts.

As far as I am concerned a post is a post is a post is a post, or something.

I pmed you mootz.

14. tred

tred

here's an attempt to not have a fellow hamb'ers post buried before he gets some help.

A) i have recently seen classified ads for a pair of wheels for about forty bucks or so, and a pair of wide whites that have decent tread for about sixty bucks or so.
    according to that math, you might expect two hundred bucks (ish) for everything...

and

B) mootz has been kind enough to help me when i posted a dumb thread about where to find angel hair fabric. he bought some and sent it to me for free, he paid for it and paid for shipping. how's that for hamb help!
    he didn't judge me because he thought my question was dumb.

WTF, don't judge a book by it's cover, people!!!

tred!

15. What he said ... Unless you stole 'em?[​IMG]

16. tred

tred

i would think the hubcaps might bring another fifty bucks, maybe more, can't tell exactly what they are.

bump back to the top for mootz.

17. [​IMG]

Somethin' ironic 'bout that statement, tred.

18. tred

tred

i don't get it (?)...

back up top for mootz.

19. irony: An expression or utterance marked by a deliberate contrast between apparent and intended meaning.

Your avatar (Charlie) and "don't judge a book by its cover", is all.

20. tred

tred

but what does that have to do with mootz?

21. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

and youve got a pic of that goon that runs around screaming all the time on tv?

22. Mootz

Mootz

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64882&page=1&pp=20

I guess this is what you mean by threads that matter? There is a strange similarity between our two posts. You just bought wheels and are telling people what you paid. Cool, a reference for those looking for Astros. I'm thinkin about selling my steelies and was hoping for a reference on what people pay for steelies. This post may not matter to you but it evidently mattered to the 5-10 pm's I've recieved so far interested in buying them (which is not why I posted this in the first place). They actually helped by offering legit prices and gave me a reference, which is what I asked for in the first place. When I saw your post on Astros, I looked and moved on. I didn't however hop on your post, rip you a new asshole about how it pertains to "me". Now, lets let this post fall off of the face of the earth and all just get along.

Mootz

23. call Ken he sold 20 sets of astro's to hambers all over the world that hardly compares to your one miss match steelies "what are these worth post" get a life Jack ass. Post your crap in the classifieds like everyone else fuckin manipulate some lame that might buy it!!! I dont !!!Your post is weak plain and simple whine all you want. This is a forum thats where members express there opinions and network not the k-mart price check..futhermore the post was generated on request for pics from another post that hambers were pming me for pics and there is no pic option on pm's so to acomidate the many this post was born