Register now to get rid of these ads!

What are these wheels?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by oneratfink57, Nov 13, 2010.

1. oneratfink57

oneratfink57
    from Wisconsin

They are chevy bolt pattern 14x7's

Torq thrusts? Fentons?

There are no markings inside the wheel except the picture below. Ive never seen it before. It is a raised

Thanks

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 13, 2010
  2. oneratfink57

oneratfink57
    from Wisconsin

3. Might just be the photo or the angle of the shot but those look like more than 7" wide.
    Peaked spoke one piece wheels similar to a TT, but definitely NOT American Torque Thrust. Unfortunately EVERYBODY made a TT knock off back in the day. Fenton, M/T, Ansen, ET, Appliance, Keystone, even a foundry out in PA made some for Don Yenko (Atlas), and the subtle differences are sometimes hard to detect.
    I have a pair of wheels virtually identical to American TTs, but there's absolutely no marking on them except a "14 x 7" cast into the back of one of the spokes. I've had them for a couple of decades and have yet to determine the manufacturer. The crest on your wheels should be of some help.

I'll PM you a link to a thread with some pix and info.

Good Luck.

4. oneratfink57

oneratfink57
    from Wisconsin

I have had these wheels for about 5 years now and kind of gave up on figuring out what they were until I spotted the crest. The weird thing is that only one wheel has the crest? I was looking to sell them and would like to know what they were before I got rid of them

Thanks for the thread. very informative but no crest! They do look closest to fentons judging by the thread though

5. Somebody needs to check and see if that is cast into a CRESTliner wheel!

6. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I think they're Marlboros...

7. 32-3 WINDOW

32-3 WINDOW
    from utah

hello, i think your wheels are appliance , i have crestline wheels and they say it on the backs , i am not sure but i think that is a machinest stamp some of the older guys put ther mark on there work , kinda like a painting , but im no expert , i have a few wheels and they look like twinds to some appliance i have , but like in the privios postings everyone was making torque-torq-tork thrust wheels , they are nice good luck

8. Deuces

Deuces

As long as they're NOT made overseas, I'd use them.. :)

9. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

I think there magnesium and thats good..............................