Register now to get rid of these ads!

what are the coolest chevy available valve covers

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by marq, May 30, 2005.

1. Roothawg

Roothawg

I bought a set for the Fly, we went with the Edelbrocks. Good quality and they fit right. They also seal better than the Cal Cuatoms becuase they have a recessed area that holds the v/c gasket in place. Plus you don't have to answer every guy that asks ..."Is that a Corvette motor?"

2. I like the Vette covers... I bought a '67 Chevy truck to fix up and sell when I was 15... and these came on it. It wasn't until I built my Model A that I took the time to sand them down and polish them out.

I also like the Ca Custom ones... man, I can remember when those were out of style and dirt cheap at the swap meets.

If you're building a 60's style car my choice would have to be M/T valve covers... I think they came out in the early 60's.

Sam.

[​IMG]

3. suedesled

suedesled
    BANNED

I am currently finshing molds for covers similar to our nailhead covers.

4. marq

marq

well give us a glimps then ,common dont be shy....Marq

5. marq

marq

Without breather holes?and the price giving that Edelbrock are $160 and look real kool.Although those Eelco do look nice.........M<arq

6. should i make these..........................

Attached Files:

7. GomezGarage

GomezGarage

I know alot of people dont do "look-a-like" but Technostalgia has new Oldsmobile Rocket valve covers for SBC. They are mainly for later SBC so you can hide your PCV and the center bolt holes.

8. With all the SBC valve covers shown here, I'm surprised these haven't come up. Not bad lookin' if polished and painted to compliment the engine compartment/car.

Attached Files:

9. 55olds88

55olds88

Hell I forgot about those, they are made/were made by rowdys rod shop here in NZ, He's moved to South Africa but I think they are still avail somewhere....

10. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

11. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

There have been some really nice valve covers for the SBC. One of the benefits of being in production for so many years. I've got a few different sets but my favorites are the vette finned ones. I bought them in 1962 and if I remember right they were $22 dollars for the pair. I've had them on every small block I've driven on the street for the last 40 years, everything from a work truck, a couple of Camaros and Chevelles to a couple of vettes. They are just one of those things I've got that feels like a comfortable pair of slippers, you know the feeling. They are currently hanging on the wall and it doesn't seem right not raising a hood to look at them.

Frank

12. Katuna

Katuna
    from Clovis,Ca.

pop those on a hoodless rod and cruise into the next GoodGuy$ show. Pull up a chair and take bets on how soon you get kicked out!

13. marq

marq

14. I like the look of just the fins polished. But do what you like best, and if you don't want them post them my way:D

15. drhotrodmd

drhotrodmd

These get the point across...LOL

Attached Files:

16. kustomd

kustomd

I'd buy a set of those fucker covers...

17. are those different enough so i won't get busted by cal custom (or anyone who owns the rights).

18. SnoDawg

SnoDawg

My favorites say Cobra powered by Ford..:D:D:D

Oh you said Chevy covers.... Never mind

Dawg

19. marq

marq

These are cast from originals with the original casting marks the lot so nobody can tell the difference between old and new............Marq

20. marq

marq

p.s the rights to these are owned by so-cal speed shop and a guy over here got the moulds and cast them for so-cal he then gave them the moulds so there is some kind of legal deal going on.Anyway these are 100 % legal and the guy that cast them doed a lot of work for so-cal............Marq

21. IronCrossCartel

IronCrossCartel

hell id buy a set off you if you made them

22. Dakota

Dakota
    from Beulah, ND

Hildebrant made SBC valve covers, although i have only seeon 1 pair, i assume they are pretty much made out of Unobtainium,

23. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Since we are showing pics of personal sets, here are my chrome plated CC

Attached Files:

24. wow it's a good thing i didn't go through with the valve covers. i did A LITTLE research (very little) on who own the rights to cal customs and didn't find anything. i have blueprints and a foam model we (friend and i) made on a cnc. we were looking around for a casting shop to build a few thousand (the fucker one's were a early joke copying edelbrocks logo style). i copied them 100% from my set of cal customs, that would have been nice trying to sell the rest and getting sued by so cal speed.

25. drhotrodmd

drhotrodmd

So can we buy those through So Cal?

26. What's the matter with this picture? Everything but the valve covers:D

BTW - to put a time frame and location on this picture it was taken at Hot Dogs by Floyd's a year ago January the same day they were putting the tranny in the Alumnatub and the weekend of the first Oakland Roadster Show in Pomona.

Attached Files:

27. DrJ

DrJ

A little subtlety might get mo-betta laughs..
    How about a M/T cover copy but with M/F in the logo instead?

28. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

:D

For old school look......it is hard to beat the Corvette's.........shown here on the old 283 (staggered pattern too :) )

[​IMG]

But for RARE..........

[​IMG]

GM only numbered 430 sets of them...mine is the last set....#430...

;)