Register now to get rid of these ads!

What are the best cheap tires with a narrow white wall?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lt1tyrell, Jul 2, 2013.

1. I had 205 R75 15 Maxxis with 3/4'' WW (Made in Taiwan) Radials on my Merc.

They were too big for my car (touched the front fenders) and I did not like the looks but I cannot say that the quality was bad. Smooth ride.

They cost about 90 - 100 bucks, sometimes cheaper.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2013
  2. W
    Where can I find these?

3. jcs64

jcs64

4. You rule....thank you. Got some chrome reverse rims and need tires for my f100..not needing Wide whites

5. Damn...don't have em anymore

6. Damn it......that was a killer tire....no longer made!

7. town sedan

town sedan

I know this thread is nearly 2 years old, but I'll through this out. The Cooper web site still list the Trendsetter SE as available in 205/7R15, 215/70R15, 205/75R15, 215/75R15 & 235/75R15 sizes with the white wall. Hope this helps. -Dave.

8. Thanks the only bummer is that other tire was a mid 1.5" ww...perfect for a 60's car. I found sone other tires on ebay with 1.48 ww...waiting to hear from the seller

9. odass

odass
    from se ok

Check out fullruns, or something like that , they are cheap, probably cheap built but have a wider white wall than most on this thread, think they are almost 1.5" look decent and are like maybe 60$ a piece

10. manyolcars

manyolcars

I dislike sending my money to China but 18 wheelers are using chinese tires and the Federal government says they are OK

11. Sigma Shadows are inexpensive ($60 to $80) and feature a 1-inch whitewall.

12. Is that the brand?

13. 5window

5window

Hope y'all mean inexpensive. Cheap tires aren't any better than cheap brakes. it's your life, and maybe others" at stake here.

14. That's what I mean...ha ha just remember when every tire store had 14 and 15 inch narrow whitewall passenger car tires.

15. Well......I really liked the look of that tire. It's perfect for that 61-64 custom look....little bigger than a pinner and narrower than a wide white...found them in the 195/75/14 I was looking for at www.simpletire.com when I get them, mount em on my chrome reverse, I'll put up some pics. They were $207.00 for 4 tires and 60 bucks shipping.....fingers crossed they don't come in black walls, damaged, or I got scammed and I'm out 267.00 ha ha

16. philly the greek

philly the greek
    from so . cal.

Reminds me of the old saying ,, " Good tires ain't cheap , and cheap tires ain't good ". Good luck.

17. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

18. Hey...I resemble that remark....I figure I can give em a shot,,can't be any worse than the shit Coker radials I payed way to much for, only to have em blowing out side walls 2 years later

19. oneredryderone

oneredryderone

just a suggestion.................look for a feller who 'grooves and fills' tires. he may be able to 'satisfy'
    everything from a pinstripe -(like red-line, blue-streak, gold-line, or white-line)- to a narrow white wall. i have a recommendation of a Motown feller.

20. Last edited: Mar 21, 2015
  21. I knew of a guy somewhere on 6 mile in Detroit...I looked for his place and could never find it. Warholock over off of Wyoming can shave withwalls. Send his info over...would love to turn em into double lines

22. Not really good on radials...and I got a set of bias WW with sine nos 60 Dodge hubcaps already to change it up a bit