Register now to get rid of these ads!

What air compressor do you guys run??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chevyshack, Sep 13, 2009.

1. mikhett

mikhett
    from jackson nj

Home depot 80 gallon 2 stage 5 hp motor. 11 years old. never let me down.I run a Sharpe f88 filter regulator and drain before using. Never had a problem with moisture.

2. jaxx

jaxx

Ive got 2 - a twin cyl Speedair and a single cyl oilless piped togather with a 4 way so I can use both tanks for volume storage - 25 gal and 20 gal - for everyday use i run off the oilless and for spray work and quick recovery I run both - work well for me-Jaxx

3. Bobert

Bobert
    Member Emeritus

It's got the safety blow off fortunately.

4. pyro3256

pyro3256
    from OKC

found it in an old dry cleaners. who knew they run on air! runns great never have to wait for air.
    [​IMG]

5. oilslinger53

oilslinger53
    from covina CA

Got this one at harbor freight.
    [​IMG]

6. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

That is really cool!! Up and out of the way, too!

I've been thinking about getting a better unit and putting it in the ceiling above the garage. There's some dead space up there.

7. Just like any other tool, don't buy China garbage.

8. jamesgs4

jamesgs4
    from denver

you can paint a car with a 30 gallon compressor, BUT you are only gonna be able to shoot about half the car at a time, then wait for the pressure to build again, then shoot the other half. if you are used to it, you can pull it off, but you should really consider a 60 gal or better if you want to sand and paint. a quality used compressor is better than a new cheap one anyday.

9. Antny

Antny
    BANNED
    from Noo Yawk

Buy the most cfm that you can. Tank size only affects how often the compressor will cycle on/off. CFM is more important. My $0.02....before taxes, natch. :)

10. chevyshack

chevyshack

I think im going to search around on craigslist. Didnt even think of that. If i go with a big compressor i might build a shed behind the garage to house the thing. My house is brick and i didnt really want to drill thru it for the plumbing. Plus whats it usually cost to get one wired up?

11. recklessnova

recklessnova

Ive had my eaton 5 hp (pulls about 28 amps on 220) 19 something cfm at 90 compressor
    I have been nothing but happy with it I got it so i can sand blast. I can blast with a 1/4 or 5/16s tip with my pa blaster setup all day long and never run out of air. I can blast solid not letting off the trigger for 30 min and let off and in less then 30 seconds the compressor is in bypass mode.
    Love that thing and yea the pump is made in china but its got a 5 year top down warranty already tested it out with a mistake on the ebay auction i won and they did me way right and gave me a killer deal on a air dryer.
    Wouldn't trade it for anything
    Josh

12. I scored a hell of a deal this week. Got a Campbell-Hausfeld Professional 60 gallon vertical, nearly new but with a blown pump head gasket for a nice price. Then, got a sweet HUGE industrial Emglo with a V-4 dual stage pump and a motor as big as a human head, sitting on a 30 gallon tank, scored for FREE for helping someone clean their basement. Putting the Emglo motor and pump on the 60 gallon vertical tank, that'll be my keeper. Then, fixing the CH pump and mounting that on the 30 gallon Emglo tank, and I'll probably sell that. Took some searching, some driving around, and a little wrenching, but I think I'll end up with a compressor that can't be beat for a home shop.