Register now to get rid of these ads!

what air compressor do i need?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by miky2001, Jan 22, 2013.

1. 1931modela

1931modela
    from montana

consider the huskee (sp?)
    brand, 60-80 gal tank with 220 motor

2. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Dont know what you plan on working on I would want 175 psi JMO air impacts work much better that way dont beleive that 90 pis max thing.

3. oldwood

oldwood
    from arkansas

I saved my $$$ and bought a USA, Quality Compressor. The top 3 USA built compressors have the Saylor-Beall at 1 or 2 or 3 depending on who is doing the rating. This is a 7.5hp/80 gal. built on the 10hp specs so I didn't have to go 3 phase. It is like car parts,you have to spend a little more to go 1st class. We all KNOW what 1st class women think they are worth.LOL

4. Here's an odd twist. When I bought my 220 60 gal, 13.8 cfm 6 years ago, I found out the Husky brand at Lowe's is identical to the HF..just a different color. Has worked real well for me...sandblasting big stuff maybe the exception as far as it not keeping up. Anyway, the odd part..last year I thought my motor went out. I tried bypassing the switch and still nothing, so I figured for sure it was the motor. The motor is made in OHIO. Went to HF, as I remembered seeing replacement pumps hoping they also had the motors, they didn't, but gave me a number to call. The order taker told me it would be 320. for the motor, and would take 6-8 weeks because it had to come by boat from China. Remember, the motor is made in ohio, but they don't stock them here...WTF?? Ended up getting one out of Nevada made in S.America, Peru I think..had it in 2 days, $220...has been working better than the original as far as keeping up. But, don't know what the heck I did when I bypassed the switch, but it turned out to be the switch anyways. Now I have a spare motor.

5. seabeecmc

seabeecmc
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Find it hard to believe that this one has been allowed to slide this long. Never use PVC for compressed air. Ron