Register now to get rid of these ads!

What a bummer!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by overkillphil, Jul 3, 2009.

1. overkillphil

overkillphil

I've been working on this local guy about his car for some time now (never once mentioned the motor). It's sitting in the back of his driveway, half buried under boxes and bags. It's a Black 1958 Chrysler Imperial Lebaron. I almost wrecked my truck rubbernecking it the first time I spotted it! It's actually in pretty good shape! I wouldn't tell anyone where it was as I wanted that 392 all to myself. I cruised by today, and the truck that is usually parked right next to it was gone, and that's when I saw the side emblem....Instead of this
    [​IMG]

I saw this

[​IMG]
    The cursive emblem of a 1959 Lebaron with a 413 wedge not a Hemi. I don't know how I missed it, I guess I'm not much of a Chrysler guy. It sure would have saved me alot of time and effort! I was going to snap some pictures of the car, but I feel like I've been kicked in the nuts... Just figured I'd share

2. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

I still wouldnt kick it out of the garage for leaking oil

3. overkillphil

overkillphil

Yeah, it's a nice car, but I'm not a big fan of RB engines. Besides, I already have a '70 HP 440. I just wish it was a '58. Damn you Chrysler!! Why did you have to stop making hemis for '59?!?

4. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

What would have sucked even more is that if it was a hemi car and the engine was now long gone, but you somehow didn't realize it until after you thought you got it for a steal and got it home. Unlikely, but a hot rodders nightmare none the less - kind of like the classic bad dream of realizing you left the house in a rush and forgot to put your pants on.

5. overkillphil

overkillphil

That would indeed suck alot more! I do, however, ALWAYS pop the hood before handing over the green. I double checked my '56 Desoto's Hemi when I bought it.