Register now to get rid of these ads!

What 1960s truck were these seats used in?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Roadsters.com, Mar 20, 2007.

1. Roadsters.com

Roadsters.com

A friend of mine is restoring a 1963 1/2 Ford Galaxie lightweight drag car, and he's looking for a pair of these seats for it.

These pictures show the original front seats from an unrestored '63 1/2 lightweight. The seat backs flip forward. The seats were made by Bostrom, but nobody that still works there seems to know anything about them. We are guessing that Ford didn't have special seats made for the lightweight Galaxies, and ordered some existing seats that were also used in trucks around '62 or '63.

If anyone can identify these seats, please let my friend with the lightweight Galaxie know what else they came in. His name is Neil Afromsky, and you can reach him weekdays at (805) 963-4811 or by E-mail at [email protected]

Thanks, folks.

Dave Mann
    (602) 233-8400
    http://www.roadsters.com/

2. My first guess was "van", but those seat look like what I set my ass in at Wonder bread. And we have Ooooollllllldddddd trucks.....
    Cosmo

3. 40 & 61 Fords

40 & 61 Fords

The June 2006 issue of Muscle Car Enthusiast has a great article on the 62-63 Galaxie lightweights. It has the complete breakdown of the items added and deleted to make a lightweight, as well as the cost of each item! It identifies the seats as Bostrom Ford police car seats, at a cost of $100.00. It may have been something generic to any police cars at the time.
    Did he try the early 60's Econoline Vans and trucks?
    It also says that noted 63 Galaxie guru Greg Donahue helped with the article. Maybe have him try getting ahold of him for more info.

4. Gigantor

Gigantor

Definitely NOT Econoline - way too curvaceous for that. Good luck

5. No_Respect

No_Respect
    from So-Cal

Looks like early 60's intenational