Register now to get rid of these ads!

Western Reenactments

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by BAD ROD, Jun 12, 2018.

1. BAD ROD

BAD ROD

I think this might be Antiquated, if not delete it out. :) I know this forum is for showing the restoration of old stuff. Well, this is restoring the story of the Old West. I'm a Hangtown Marshal out of Placerville “Old Hangtown”. Our group acts as ambassadors to the City and we perform all over the area. We mostly perform gun fights for events, such as resorts, festivals, grand openings, weddings, etc., and most recently Founders Day in Placerville on Saturday (that’s me in the pic with the wagon, I’m walking with the double barrel on my shoulder).

It is fun to entertain folks with a taste of the Old West. The kids especially enjoy the show. We use real guns, with blanks of course. Our skits are comedy and it is so fun to have shoot outs in Old Hangtown main street.

Founders Day June 9 2018.JPG CowboysCornbread.JPG MaresLeg.jpg

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
  2. Very cool, I was into SASS for a while years ago and enjoyed it very much.

BAD ROD likes this.
  3. mr.chevrolet

mr.chevrolet

didn't Mattell or someone else make a minature model of that cut-down lever action? I seem to remember having something like that.

4. Marx, called the "Mare's Laig".
    I have no clue why leg is spelled like that.

BAD ROD likes this.

5. shivasdad

shivasdad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

If you were from Texas and were fluent, you'd understand "laig". We often eat aigs for breakfast too. ;)

6. LOL. I missed that.
    I can now see why Esso changed their name. I bet they were not real popular in Texas.

7. My rig for the Single Action Shooters Society.
    IMG_2606.JPG IMG_2608.JPG

8. BAD ROD

BAD ROD

Memorial_Day_Sunday_20183.jpg Nice Wrayman! Some of our Hangtown Marshals were in SASS. I don't have a good pic of my rig, here is a shot of me on Memorial Day right after a performance. I shoot a Ruger New Vaquero.

tractorguy and wraymen like this.
  9. I bet that is a lot of fun. We have quite a few Civil War reenactments close to home but no Western style ones that I know of. We took a scenic train excursion in WV years ago where they staged a hold up. The kids had a blast and talked about it all the way home.
    The picture is a first generation Vaquero in 45 Colt. I just plink at cans every now and then on friends farm.

10. BAD ROD

BAD ROD

398045A5-D8A0-43E5-A2C4-EDC2B1DA961C.jpeg 349404F7-1F66-4A7F-8D13-7556DE8DEA0B.jpeg Cleaned my 45 this morning. My rig is getting pretty beat up from all the falls doing skits.

11. That's how they should look. Here is an old one that carried a smaller frame 22 SA.
    IMG_2611.JPG