Register now to get rid of these ads!

West of Chicago

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by LL, May 3, 2012.

1. LL

LL

Hey, I have been reading through here for a few years and bought a 64 F100 from someone on here almost 2 years ago. I was living in the city back then so not much got done on it since it was at a friend's 75 miles away. But we gave up and moved to the suburbs last year and still not much is getting done on it, but at least I can look at it in the garage now.

The truck runs pretty solid except for a consistent carb backfire I need to start troubleshooting (hopefully it is just the timing). Its clipped in the front with what I think is a 79 or 80 Blazer frame and its 355 and tilt column, too. Its not too pretty and could use some front cab mounts and rear cab corners, but I've never welded before so that can wait.

Right now I am just stripping everything I don't need off of it. Going through and ripping out and freshening up the wiring and adding a bunch of gauges lately. Got some new wheels waiting for tires, too.

Later!

2. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

Welcome from Indy...

3. SaltCoupe

SaltCoupe
    from Indiana

Welcome to the H.A.M.B.

4. rustednutz

rustednutz
    from tulsa, ok