Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest We're About 75 And Still Building (Join In)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by PHIL COOPY, Nov 30, 2017.

1. PHIL COOPY

PHIL COOPY
    Member Emeritus

I'm 78 and still building. How about some others out there.

IMG_1125.JPG

Also another building hobby.

GEDC0318.jpg

murpa, Hank37, biggeorge and 36 others like this.
  2. Hats off to you. That's awesome

Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
    weps and 1927graham like this.
  3. HUH.? I hope you meant Hat's off to you.:D HRP

4. williebill

williebill

Good for you, keeps you young, don't stop or slow down now...

dana barlow likes this.

5. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Inspirational @PHIL COOPY and there is quite a number of you here...if we all can be so lucky...I'll give it my best shot.

dana barlow likes this.
  6. Truck64

Truck64
    from Ioway

They got pills for that now

7. gearheadbill

gearheadbill

It's what keeps me moving. 20170204_110852_resized_1.jpg

murpa, pat59, Kan Kustom and 15 others like this.
  8. Z06-LITE

Z06-LITE

I am just a toddler at 71, but I am still in my garage almost daily and plan to continue until that last scoop of dirt hits my face.

9. Never "built" a car. I am 80 and "built" an engine for the '50 Buick I brought back from the dead a few years back. Never intend to quit. IMG_5934.JPG

Ben

10. Los_Control

Los_Control
    from TX

Really great to hear this, keep it up and you will stay young.
    My Uncle is 81, losing his eyesight but can see to get around, but not to drive.
    Just getting him out in the shop and listening watching the tools working and wrenches turning, he loves it and perks right up and acts like a kid again.

11. Well,crap. That did not work too well! THAT is the one I pulled. IMG_5976.JPG

Here it is.

Ben

12. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

Great to see you leading my example, I'm only a young'en by comparison with just under 20yrs to catch up to you. I hope that I still have the passion when/if I reach that stage of my life. Idle hands are the Devil's work so they say so it's in my interest to follow your lead!

Donuts & Peelouts likes this.
  13. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm only 75, but I better live to at least 90 with all of the stuff I have going. I just finished this for a "T" tub I'm building.

I've gotta get this done, because I'm gonna need the engine test stand for an Olds Rocket I have almost ready to go.

The "T" tub is a roller now, so that's on my plate, plus I have my "Trash Can" condenser and 6 volt tachometer driver projects going full steam. I'm getting worn out just talking about it.:D

14. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Will be 75 in a few months-still at it. Just finished up a 37 Woody and am starting another 40 coupe-have done about 12. Also recently wired a 7 second race car with a friend.
    This one will be for my friend Joe who I worked with for many years-he has 3 40's from here already! Also my friend who does the body work and paint on these is 77 and going strong.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2017
  15. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm 71 and the ongoing projects I have right now should take me past 80 pretty easily. They no doubt will go together slower than they did or would have when I was in my 20's or 30's but having something to do gets you up and going.

16. Fat47

Fat47

DSCF2032.JPG Coming up on 76. Still at it (see threads here on 33 Dodge and 49 Buick) although I have slowed down this past year. Hats off to hardons.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2017
  17. LAROKE

LAROKE

I'm only 68 and guys like you are my inspiration.

[​IMG]

murpa, Kan Kustom, biggeorge and 6 others like this.
  18. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm 71 and try to get at least 4-hours a day in my shop working on my '36 3w rebuild or other various projects of both my own stuff and for friends. If you don't use it, you lose it.

19. Frank Carey

Frank Carey

79-1/2 but not really building. More like playing, enjoying, and maintaining. My '37 is up in the air in anticipation of me doing some exhaust work. Somewhat delayed by yesterday's knee surgery.

Kan Kustom, biggeorge, 3340 and 3 others like this.
  20. I'm not quite there, but at 73, things are still workin' pretty well. Just about finished up with "The Judge"... I only have a couple of fine details to be totally finished. Don't think I'll be starting another project (I have lots of tools, equipment, 49 Ford parts, extra/erroneously purchased parts to sell, so just ask for anything you might need..I may have it at a good price, so shoot me a PM with inquiries)
    Check out the individual galleries on my page--each picture here is a gallery of more videos and pictures...
    https://49fordcoupe.smugmug.com/

21. PHIL COOPY

PHIL COOPY
    Member Emeritus

Gotta build me one of those test stands...Phil

dana barlow likes this.
  22. ROBERT JAM

ROBERT JAM

Count me in the group

Donuts & Peelouts and bubba55 like this.
  23. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I could give you a lot of tips that would keep you from making some of the the same mistakes I did, but the most important would be is : "Don't cheap out on the casters!". Not just for ease of moving it around, but to get it high enough so the legs of your cherry-picker and engine stands will roll under it.:rolleyes:

Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
  24. 4wd1936

4wd1936
    from NY

Nice to see the group of "crazy" people is larger than I thought. Nice company to be in.

25. 2935ford

2935ford

Yup, right with ya.......70 and still at it!
    body off 003a.jpg

murpa, Kan Kustom, biggeorge and 6 others like this.
  26. vtx1800

vtx1800
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I am only 73 so I guess I am just a kid:) I too am in the shop daily, six to seven days a week normally. I am lucky to have a good sized shop and more tools than I have skills:) I have had the 38 since the early 70's and got the 53 Stude Starlight coupe this spring. I will be busy on the Stude for awhile. I have replaced the floor pans/rockers, inner quarters, trunk corners and trunk pans. and I haven't even thought about the junk hood and trunk, crappy fenders and rusty door bottoms, guess I have job security! IMG_0605.JPG

27. PHIL COOPY

PHIL COOPY
    Member Emeritus

So glad I started this thread. Happy to know I'm not a loner. Some friends of may age think I'm crazy to be doing this at this time of life. If I die building, I'll die happy.
    -Phil

AHotRod, pat59, Kan Kustom and 9 others like this.
  28. chopnchaneled

chopnchaneled
    from Buford Ga.

74 Real soon, Still running my shop and putzing with a 27 roadster.
    Everybody asks why i'm building it and i say when it's done
    " I'm going down to the old folks home and cruise for chicks "

29. Harland grunder

Harland grunder

Rust never sleeps pl

Donuts & Peelouts likes this.
  30. 150J/F

150J/F

I'm 77 and still at it. Got a 27 roadster and a 56 Chevy and also help a buddy with a FED.

pat59, Kan Kustom, biggeorge and 5 others like this.