Register now to get rid of these ads!

Went to Larry Watson's house yesterday

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Docfranknstein, Jul 30, 2007.

1. Docfranknstein

Docfranknstein

I was lucky enuff to meet Larry tru Gene some years ago, so I was stoked when Dave "Rockman" Eyre and Tranny John said Larry had invited the Rod Tossers to His place. Larry Watson is one cool Kat, His pinstrip'in & paint'in are the stuff legends are made from but did You know He is an actor? I knew He'd done some hollywood things but was shocked to find out just how much, Larry was in " Mannix" " Dukes of Hazzard" & " Mission Impossible" to name a few and in a host of big screen movies, now hang on if that aint enuff the cat was married to Miss USA! was He style'in and profile"in ? Oh hell Yea, check out this Larry was getting a ticket or two a week for cruz"in low and slow, so He would just pay the 11 dollar ticket off tell some cop green with envy got His license revovoked ( 52 write ups in less than 52 weeks, maybee a record) He did get it back after beg'in and plead"in to the court that not being able to drive was costing Him paint work. Paint fads anyone? when it comes to painting Larry has really out done Himself, starting the Watson scallop trend the pannel job trend and scrolling as well as others . Here are some pix from are visit Doc

Attached Files:

2. Docfranknstein

Docfranknstein

Here Larry asks Me how much lsd I took to think up the Elco turned rod as I showed Him pix of it for the 1st time.

Attached Files:

3. Docfranknstein

Docfranknstein

More pix , Tanny John, Moldy Marvin, Rockman Dave, 41Dave, Primemover, Hip, Gaint Jerry, and about 30 folks in all had a great time, any of You guys got some pix to add?

Attached Files:

4. Johnny Ace

Johnny Ace

To say that Larry Watson is a personal idol is to understate the fact greatly....

Beyond cool....what an opportunity!

Ace

5. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

damn,,you are a LUCKY MO FO!

6. Does Larry have a Hotrod or Custom car now? What's his daily driver?

7. Church

Church
    from South Bay

Bad ass. Jealous, party of one.

8. Rikster

Rikster

Great.... lucky you.

Thanks for sharing the photos.... more please

9. Moldy

Moldy

Just wanted to thank all my brothers with the Tossers, had a great time..

Met Watson through the Large Father several years back.. he displayed at the second annual RF Party then started to move around.. Nice to have him close by seems everyone is movin' up this way!

Loved the Roth Wall and the Segment on The Busonic, One of my Favorites.

Missed the last runs at LACR but went the night before and thoroughly enjoyed the time spent with you guys!

See you in September!

Special shout out to Johnny Ace... hey bro I purchased a 24' motor home last fall, been fixin' it up for a guest house and a temporary home for dry lake meets. Very cozy and comfortable, You and the family are more than welcome to come out and set a spell.... anytime.. and if'in ya do we'll give Watson a holler, I'm pretty sure he'd be more than willing to let us come over and chew the phat!

Me casa su casa!

Moldy

Attached Files:

10. sololobo

sololobo

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Thanks for lettin us in on this cool event. Larry Watson is one of the coolest cats ever. It sounds like his lifestyle has been as cool as his amazing paint work. Neat pictures, its obvious everyone is having a blast. Rock On!!-Sololobo/Roadburners of Omaha
    </TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

11. Moonglow2

Moonglow2

I've always wanted to ask Larry what kind of hubcaps and spinners he and Duane Steck used on their Grapevine and Moonglow customs. Think he would remember?

12. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Larry is another true legend that you should not take being around for granted. If you get a chance to meet him, and see his work go out of your way to do so. He, along with Ed Roth, sent the world of customs on a wild ride.

13. skratch

skratch

where's his pink jacket,acid wash jeans and black beard....

hahaha

14. Von Franco

Von Franco

Skratch he saving it to hand down to you....................

15. Bigdaddy

Bigdaddy
    BANNED

First off Larry is amazing.... but does anyone know if he is related to DOG THE BOUNTY HUNTER????

16. skratch

skratch

for reals...larry watson was a hero for me, growing up.you look through the old books.he had it all the talent,the cars and the girls..now that's hot rodding .

franco = other hero !

i did hear that dog was gunning for watson.he skip bail on his boots..hahaha

17. flat_mountain

flat_mountain

lucky sum-beatrices!!!! without a doubt one of my all time heroes :D

18. Chris Casny

Chris Casny

Thats what I thought, they are twins seperated at birth, but Larry got all the talent and Dog is just an idiot.

19. 60'coupe

60'coupe

Your right Chris, But Dog got the wife with the HUGE tits !

20. John Denich

John Denich

And the huge GUT to go with those MEAT Curtins....Seriously Larry is one of my all time hero's, when it comes to Kustoms he has that eye for knowing what will work with each other!!!! Very cool trip guys!

John

21. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

Watson is my hero.. a real pioneer in the world of customs and custom paint. Obviously did some other cool stuff, like banging Miss America and appeared in Dukes of Hazzard.. what more could a red blooded American desire?

Last time I was in Downey, I was told he lived close by.. was hoping he'd come out to see Harvey's Broiler. Someone PM me his email address or phone number, I want to run a couple of paint ideas past him. :D

22. Watson is awesome. His work speaks for itself.

Thanks for sharing.

23. I met Larry in the late 70's when he left a note on the windshield of my Merc, wanting to use it in a motion picture he was producing called "The Paint Booth".

There wasn't a whole lot of 50's style customs around then, so he took a bunch of pictures of the car and we had a pretty good visit.

I'm not sure what ever happened on the movie deal, but I enjoyed talking to him and hearing a lot of great stories.

Mick

Attached Files:

24. Degreaser

Degreaser

Lurker mick- thats rad.

25. graverobber63

graverobber63
    Alliance Vendor

26. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Years back in Street Rodder or Custom Rodder hell, maybe R&C (?) there was a story on Watson and in the feature was a pic of his living room. Ever since then I always imagine Larry living up in the hills in his too groovy abode. I wonder if that was an old photo from the early 70's or if it was his current digs.

Did you folks get a tour?

27. Johnny Ace

Johnny Ace

Hey,
    Somebody ask Mr. Watson if he was in an episode of "Night Gallery" as a chauffeur who was cheating on Diane Keaton with his bosses' wife.?

Same Larry Watson?
    Too much....

Ace

28. Is he still working on his book?

29. graverobber63

graverobber63
    Alliance Vendor

30. Docfranknstein

Docfranknstein

Let's see Fat Ass Whitewalls, No rod or custom right now, but does have a project in the works. Got Gas, I would have to ask Larry about the phone # thing He is a private Man and only answers the phone between 10 and 11 am, But I'm sure He would be interested in Your Idea's, He liked My Wifes finger nails with little things hidden in the clear. Jeem, that's a different living room cause He has not been at this addy very long, but it sure is nice. Lurker Mick, I saw some drawings about "The Paint Booth" but I guess the deal fell tru. Johnny Ace, night gallery= yes. 56 Kustom, yes on the book, He is still work'in on it. Skratch, He has got one jacket on display along with a pair of pants and a cool old sweat shirt hung by the paint guns. Franco, Larry sure thinks highly of You, He has got nothing but good things to say about You and Your work. Moonglow2, Yea He will remember He don't forget noth'in, I'll try and ask Him about the caps.