Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Went and look at a project car....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by thrashingcows, Apr 20, 2009.

1. Well I went and looked at a 1928 Chrysler mordor the other day. It was in the local Carigslist so I thought I'd take a looky see.

They are asking $2K with no hood or grill and maybe a set of headlights if they can find them. Personally I think it's a bit steep but since I'm fairly new to pricing on these old girls I thought I'd solicite the opinions of the HAMB-ing masses.

Still has all the body tags, Chrysler Manifacture tag, All Steel body by BUDD and others.

Here are some pics....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks...T-cow.

2. Little Wing

Little Wing
    from Northeast

to much,,looks like the Ant Hill Mobs car :) Chugga Boom

Last edited: Apr 20, 2009
  3. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

unless it has a clean title...

4. garagerods

garagerods
    from Omaha

RUN AWAY!!!!
    Not for that kinda money in this economy...or any economy for that matter!

5. MeteorMan

MeteorMan

What they said!

6. alchemy

alchemy

What happened to the wood in the "all steel" roof? :)

Unless a guy REALLY likes '28 Chryslers, I'd say that is overpriced by at least $1,000.

7. cuznbrucie

cuznbrucie

Junk.........too hard to find any kind of parts for, let alone a hood and grill!!

RUN....do not spend your money on such a project.......shit, for $5000 you could have a '40 Merc mordor with a good running flathead and a Tijuana tuck and roll upholstery job!!

See the Classifieds......

CB

8. Still Runnin

Still Runnin
    from VA & FL

Damn that is a STEEP price tag !:eek:

9. Special Ed

Special Ed

Too much dinero. Maybe a $500.00 car.

10. hotrod-Linkin

hotrod-Linkin

we bought a 28 still running for 2 grand .

11. rainh8r

rainh8r

It appears to be more solid than most that have been sitting outside for years. It was probably in a dry climate, so while there's lots of surface rust, the structure looks solid. Grille shells are available or something can be used. The frames are really strong and you can fix the top. I have seen lots of saved Fords that were way worse than that. It is a lot of work, though. Blasted or dipped, it would look a lot different if all that surface rust was clean steel. Your money will all go into the body, so make sure you're ready for a project.

12. The Cap'n

The Cap'n
    from Kansas

As someone who looks at non Ford pre-war cars a LOT, I agree that it's about 1K overpriced. Parts aren't nearly as hard to find as you might think...it just takes a while. Try finding parts for a Pierce! If you want something different and can wait a while, you might find something similar that's in better condition for a better price. For comparison there's a similar Chrysler for sale on evilbay for 3,500 off the top of my head...and it's mostly there.

13. What he said...

Keep Looking!

14. Shifty Shifterton

Shifty Shifterton

Yeah, for 2 large that ought to be a complete car, or any bodystyle other than a four door sedan. At least from a hot rodder's perspective.

15. That's what I was thinking...^^^^^^

I think I'll wait an see what else pops up...still lots of shows and swap meets to hit and I'm in no rush to buy.;)

16. I think a bit much too. I have a 26 Chrysler 2dr for sale for Half the price of that one.

I'd say if you HAD to have that one 7-800 tops.

17. harpo1313

harpo1313
    from wareham,ma

make a cool sedan delivery,but for 800.00

18. Way to much money for that, offer $400, maybe go $800 if it's solid in the corners and around the bottom and you really like it.

19. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

The metal looks good but too much with the missing front end . Titles are not hard to do legally either. Should be about $600-$800 with all the missing front end parts . You will have to make those parts !
    For todays bad economy you can get better for $2000 ! Hell you can get drivers for that ! :D

20. redmanx118

redmanx118

Way too steep...I bought a 1926 in early 90's for about $ 500 bones and it was similiar to this posting. Keep looking, good tin is still out there. Good luck, Post something when you snag a good catch. good huntin''

21. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

Way to much money for just a project.

22. chaddilac

chaddilac

looks like it burned from the way the rust in on the doors and above the windows... check the wood for charcoals! seriously! Cause if it was you'll never get it straight if it's warped up!

23. Degreaser

Degreaser

Great deal! I'd give 5 grand all day long. Just picture that fucker with Dragstars and a tunnel ram'd small block.

24. mottsrods

mottsrods

I could find several ways to better spend 2 grand.

25. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

Get out of there while you can. Car is just a memory,No resale value at all.If it is what you really want go for it. Then check yourself into the first mental institution on the way home and get your head examined.No offense You should shop around, For 2000 dollars theirs alot of good iron out there.Build what you really want.We only go around once.

26. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

If you want a sedan, for 2 grand you can find a decent Model A Tudor body and go from there. At least when you're done it'll have resale value.

If this more door is what you really want, swing by in a month and offer them $600...

27. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Isn't this the same car pictured a few weeks ago on the side of a road somewhere for $1500? or are all the mid-late 20s Chryslers in the US and Canada now being dragged out to the daylight for sale?

It's different, the rad shell shouldn't be that hard to find and maybe not even the hood. If you like 4doors and want something funky, DO it but offer them $1200 for it.