Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Well, the cats out of the bag another old kustom comes to JERSEY!!!(pics)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fatty mcguire, Nov 14, 2012.

1. williebill

williebill

Awesome,thanks for posting..

2. I will always remember it in the grey two tone that I remember as a kid, and that is how I like it best. It shows the lines better I think. Most important, it is being respected. It is a true representative of the era.
    Detroit was a cool place to be in the fifties and I was there. ClarkKaiser, Alexander Bros, Bill Hines, Dick Dean, Paul Hatton, Jimmy Jones, What memories.

3. Can't recall ever seeing a tail light treatment quite like that one. Pretty cool, hope you enjoy it!

4. Yes Detroit was special, I still carry the torch for the city and remind others at every chance I get what these great builders contributed to the Kustom car world in the 50's till the mid 60's. Special times indeed

5. thats a great car. your a lucky guy. can't wait to see it restored back to it's former glory.

6. 390Merc

390Merc
    from Indiana

I saw this car a couple years ago and recognized it as an old custom. It was at the Red Barn Spectacular in Hickory Corners, MI

7. 62dartman

62dartman

Thats an awesome custom!! Great to hear it is in NJ!!! Hope to see it around one of these days!!! Good luck with it!!

8. fatty mcguire

fatty mcguire

couple more, took the goofy rocker trim and skirt trim off and the port holes on the fenders, still have to fill the holes in, but still looks better in my opinion. I personally was impressed how well the vent window was done being pot metal even tho its starting to pit.

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. So this is the missing ford WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D
    I was always a little bewildered at a ford from Rev Ernst as he was related to the Fisher famliy as in Body by Fisher. :eek:

10. jerseymike

jerseymike

great find and save. glad to see it will relive it's former glory. sorry to see the chevy have to go though. good luck and keep us posted.

11. 60 Belair

60 Belair

Sweet car
    Man I love the tailight work can you give some better close up pics .
    Are those the stock lights just with the hood added?​

12. Yes he was, he also got a "little grief" from the priest due to his Kustom car habit. Kind of cool he was also a part of the pharos, but I would not want a "man of the cloth" hangin with us at a Club meeting ha-ha!!

My only question..... I don't know if he owned that car.. I believe he did own this 52 convertable done by Clarkaiser. It was peral white with a carson top. The car is still around the Toledo are and was recently restored

Attached Files:

13. shoebox50

shoebox50

14. PeteFromTexas

PeteFromTexas

That car is awesome!! Nice score!

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

15. richie rebel

richie rebel

i love it, sweet ride

16. 1lucky1

1lucky1
    from Morgan NJ

I saw it on the car carrier going up the TP,Another Kool car in Jersey,See u in a couple of weeks,Lucky

17. The car is cleaning up nicely and appears to be in amazing shape for an older custom. Even with the periodical "updates" it seems to have been cared for all along. Did I mention before that I am jealous? :D

Yes, see post #8.

Dave

18. teddyp

teddyp

mike your the man!!!
    great find glad to see it,s in good hands

19. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

What a beautiful car, great find, I'd leave it just as it is, a piece of history, the stories this car could tell.

20. Thats the photo I attached of Larry Ernst's Clarkaiser built 52 Ford.....I also know where the 51 Chevy is too.........

21. I knew you had it straight tiki, I was trying to clear up confusion I may have started by mentioning Father Ernst's car in this thread. My intention was to point out the many very nice customs coming out of the Clarkaiser shop.

Never wanted to take away from the great find of the Queen of Vickies. :eek:

Dave

22. 'Mo

'Mo

Great score, Fatty! It's good to see this custom in such good shape. Congratulations.

This car (the Ernst Ford) did not have a Carson top, but a beautifully chopped, fully functional convertible top.

23. acj

acj

I have to say thats some nice work,great find

24. fatty mcguire

fatty mcguire

ID love to see the pics, I hope you find em!

and marc that be cool as hell to learn, would definitely like to lead the mods again where it could use a redo, but I think the whole car would be tough since it could use a block sanding, but well see how it looks what I start taking some paint of, would love to hear your opinion when you see it in person since it isn't going happen over night

25. thesupersized

thesupersized

Looking at photos of this car in the past I was never really a fan of it because the proportions of the roof with the full size rear window looked off, however, i'm glad to see in person for some unknown reason, the proportions actually look better than they do in photos. Cool car with great history.

26. chevydave1965

chevydave1965
    from Iowa

Damn I like that !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

27. jerseymike

jerseymike

so between the 3 brothers, how many customs do you own now?

28. speedfreek155

speedfreek155

Very cool ! Keep us updated with lotza pix . Maybe I will get to see it in Wildwood next year ;)

29. sololobo

sololobo

Congrats on scoring that fab Vicky, it is a true ICON> I remember drooling over it in mags years ago. Clark K shop turned out some benchmark rides. Rock on bro. ~sololobo~

30. fatty mcguire

fatty mcguire

6 kustoms and 1 stocker project future kustom? and my pops un restored 32 sedan

The surperzied 50 ford
    [​IMG]

mercomadness 50 ford and 54 sun valley, the mercs all apart and with kanted quads and a pancaked hood and alot more to come

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

both of my brothers 41 pick up, not sure what there plans are, back burner for now

[​IMG]

my dads 32
    [​IMG]

my other 2 cars, wish i can keep them all

[​IMG]

[​IMG]