Register now to get rid of these ads!

Well, it's begun .............

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MoparBruce, May 11, 2008.

1. MoparBruce

MoparBruce

Uncle Scooby had this and I couldn't resist. It was so ugly. It was so cool. It was so ugly.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=233555&showall=1

Finally started stripping it a few weeks ago (I'm sure I took a year and half off my life). I found many interesting things. Undecided about what direction to take it, but will start with the metal replacement and decide as we go along.

Fun Fact: Gathered up the chunks of bondo that we were able to dig out of the bed and they came to better than 80 pounds. Have no idea how many more pounds had to be ground, soda and sand blasted off the bed alone.

I did pick up a vintage 60's T-Bird taillight control unit (and a copy of the wiring schematics) for whatever taillights go back in and a rebuilt small block Chevy. Also picked up a late 60's T-bird grille with hide-a-ways that seems to fit the upper countour of the hood a bit better and side to side is nearly perfect. Anyone want an old custom steel grille for your F-100?

I'm excited about being able to document this here. Here's a few pics after the strip of the hood and bed.

Attached Files:

2. Black Primer

Black Primer

Dude that thing is Sick!...and I don't mean in a good way. The wheelbase looks a little short for the fender openings. I guess beauty is in the eye of the beerholder.

3. lostn51

lostn51
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Tennessee

i kinda like it myself, i can see the potential there............

4. Muttley

Muttley

If anyone can unuglyfi it it's a HAMB'er.

5. John Denich

John Denich

I like it...will be very kool when done!

John

6. wvenfield

wvenfield

As most of us here will be to see you do it. That is cool. I recall U.S. selling it so make sure it's updated regularly.

7. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

I had not idea it was this close. I'd like to come see it and your other truck!

8. MoparBruce

MoparBruce

BP, the wheelbase looks off because the cab nor the bed is in the right place right now and mounted down. It actually fits pretty good when you get it right. But yeah, it's sick, but she's got a great personality - LOL!!

9. Definately Different!!!!!!