Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Well, I guess I'm joining Ford Barn..Saved a '26 T.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JK, Aug 22, 2010.

1. One of my wife's relatives called yesterday and asked if I knew anybody that would want her husbands T. I wanted it but can't afford it. My Father-in-law had stated he wanted it about a dozen years ago. I made the call and the deed was done. AAA dropped it off this afternoon (after getting hit by a drunk driver on the way out to the FIL's house). I'm kinda the mechanic on this project and will be seeking help here and on Ford Barn.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Awesome!!! You should take the Mr.ModelT approach on that one.

3. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

Would make a really neat full fendered 60's hot rod.......

4. She's a beaut!

5. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

If the engine rolls over see if you can get it to fire up. If it will start it will move and you'll have a ball driving around with it. If your out on the road and a dog chases you roll down the window and pet him while he runs along side. I do that with the '27 T roadster I have and my wife and I have a ball waving to old people and little kids.

Frank

6. I'd get that thing running and driving and do an interior and insert. then rock the wheels off it.

7. Yes it would, if it wasn't a family car. My mother-in-law was sad they couldn't get it because it's related more to their side. I'm trying to talk the FIL into updating to newer (post 29) suspension, juice brakes and a semi-reliable ignition system. I have ALOT of reading to do before I even turn a wrench.

8. GARY?

GARY?

COOL ! I must be getting old, I'm liking the stockers more and more...

9. gsport

gsport

another cool find....

10. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

awesome. ford barn is a great resource too.

11. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

well stockers are rad cause everyone turns em into hotrods. Id love to have a stock A or T

12. nice T,looks pretty solid

13. Scratchbuilt

Scratchbuilt

That is so neat..

14. stevens2@htva.net

[email protected]
    from 14883

Stock model t is alot of fun if you have the right mind set- can't be in a hurry, if it runs we go, and never drive any farther than you want to walk. It would be a great home for a warmed-up flattie.

15. 3406kris

3406kris

Looks pretty nice. :)

I don't know much about really old cars, but how does the ignition work on these? I don't see a distributor, but I do see the 4 boxes (coils?) similar to what The Ford 999 has.

<table style="width:auto;"><tr><td>[​IMG]</td></tr><tr><td style="font-family:arial,sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:right">From Henry Ford Museum</td></tr></table>

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014