Register now to get rid of these ads!

Well, Bought my first flatheads..what do you think?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ddpecka348, Oct 10, 2011.

1. ddpecka348

ddpecka348

Well I was nearly disowned by my father for this betrayal of the Chevy orange. But the idea of going back to the essential traditional motors hit me hard. So I began looking locally and found plenty but nothing any good stuck or just junk :( and sadly no mercs that were available. I have found one in an old farm truck that runs and will also be dealing on that soon, but thanks to my good friend Cadilaccoffin, he had found me these to amazing motors for a great price.
    The 59AB Short block is actually all there in a box. It has been ported, relieved, all cylinders sleeved, with arp main studs. It will be hopefully a future race engine, maybe blown flathead? Haven't decided yet. :D The other an all original non stuck engine that should run with a few fixes very clean usable engine possible builder? All in all I am very pleased with my buy and hope to get them running. But what are your ideas and thoughts on the motors any advice would be great!
    Thank you
    Darrin Pecka

Attached Files:

2. Looks like a good buy the 59 looks like a factory relief, the 8BA has truck bell hsg and truck pumps, good speed equip, all in all looks like a good start to a lifetime of flat enjoyment...............

3. Model A Mark

Model A Mark
    from dallas
    1. Holley 94 Group

yep nice score.

4. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

what are you--18 years old?---
    great job grasshopper !!!

5. ddpecka348

ddpecka348