Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Welcome To The New Year

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Jan 5, 2015.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Ryan submitted a new blog post:

Welcome To The New Year

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

Jungle Jalopy likes this.
  2. That green Model A sedan and the gold 40 coupe are perfect in my eyes.

flamingokid likes this.
  3. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

They really are. That sedan Blew my mind when I first saw it. It's hard to nail a traditional show car so well on the head. You could almost tell what MONTH Rod and Custom that car should be from in 1960 it's so well done.

Lee's Gold '40 is like being in the same room as Cindy Crawford. Try not to stare but damn.

lothiandon1940, SicSpeed and 56don like this.
  4. flamingokid

flamingokid

I've got a healthy lust for that gold '40....

56don likes this.

5. Don,are we twins separated at birth?,,I though the identical same thing! :D HRP

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  6. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford

I have an unhealthy lust for almost any 40.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  7. SicSpeed

SicSpeed
    from Idaho

Oh, I'm going to stare alright, straight on stare with my tung hangin out.
    The 40 is perfect. So refreshing to see full caps on these. And the color is perfect.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App

56don likes this.
  8. Danny, we do like a lot of the same style. I absolutely love the early 60s style of build. I was sooooo thankful that you got my coupe before I got it back. I was so afraid someone made a piece of crap out of it, but you preserved it and now I can improve it.

9. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

The triplets on the dry lake do it for me.

10. junquewerkz

junquewerkz

I must've missed some of those posts. Can you link the pics to the respective threads? Or what tag(s) should I search?

Thanks in advance.

Posted using the Hopped Up H.A.M.B. App!

11. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

12. junquewerkz

junquewerkz

Righteous! Thanks, Ryan!

Posted using the Hopped Up H.A.M.B. App!

13. flamingokid

flamingokid

I keep having visions of someone dragging me away from that car,kicking and screaming....I wonder if he would let me wax it ;)

14. The Kansas Tornado rules!

15. YEA a new year.Hopefully I can get the wiring straighten out on the 56 buick wagon and get it on the road as a daily driver.{I am working on the wiring right now}Bruce.

16. tony starr

tony starr

that ’32 3-window -- bam!

17. Hell's Messenger! Just Bad Ass.:cool: Even if you can't see where you are going.:eek: What the hell it's a Hot Rod :D

18. belair

belair

Love the stance and b&w picture of the 57 and the pallet of the 56 Merc picture.

19. The Jewel and Hells Messenger are my two favourites.
    A young fella on here a few years back built a green A Tudor that had similar look to The Jewel.
    I really liked that car, it had chrome smoothies, but I think blackwalls instead of whitewalls. Wonder what become of that? Have an idea he sold it.
    Look forward to the new features.

20. ynottayblock

ynottayblock

@Ryan

Im soooo glad to hear you'll be doing regular features on modern (traditional) builds. There are so many great projects on this site...so many it is hard to keep track of them all. This will be a great way of exposing some of the top notch talent out there building new cars. Although there is always new magazines popping up, losing Rod and Custom has left a pretty big hole to fill, and your team can easily fill the void.

autobilly likes this.
  21. Awesome stuff Ryan, I look forward to the year ahead. Any plans to feature historic hot rods & customs? I enjoyed the Kansas Tornado and Hell's Massanger & The Devil Inside

22. oldcargary

oldcargary
    from devore, Ca

All cool...but really liked the mocked up 32 5W.

23. Really glad to hear there will be more car features to come this year - I've loved the mix of historical posts with the newer builds that have an eye towards that history.

I'm super happy to have been one of those features last year, and it's really nice to hear the kind comments about The Jewel - thanks!

Here was a cool shot of the sedan and Lee's Nomad making a quick stop in Chattanooga at Coker/Honest Charlie's on the road back home from Baltimore - Kontinentals snapping some necks with those two going down the highway together.

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1420501428.784345.jpg

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

24. DAM! This is going to be a great ride......I am hoping my 3 window will fit into this group when it is done I know Ryan looked in on it when I first started the build and so I hope he checks back from time to time. Would be nice to get his stamp of approval on it.

25. You don't have a tub on the docket.

I'll be at the roundup if you're feeling guilty ;)

Last edited: Jan 5, 2015
  26. ruffie tuffshitski

ruffie tuffshitski

Aww man! thanks Ryan for great articles!- I dig the mix of contemporary and historic posts, please keep em coming! I was really bummed when R&C went down, you guys have really taken its place for me. (And thanks again for the feature too!)

27. T&A Flathead

T&A Flathead

I dig it too. From a photography standpoint, I am interested in attempting something similar but with multiple cars in an attempt to set a scene that you would find in the era.

The Hotrod Hill Climb and TROG are 2 venues I participated in this year that set the perfect stage.

Looking forward to your results.

28. Oh forgot! Happy New Year Ryan!

29. Awesome pics! I too am drooling

30. Cincinnati Slim

Cincinnati Slim
    from Cincy, OH

I've always been a fan of Pratt's cars.
    I'm not really a fan of '57's, but the rake of that one is perfection. I can't wait to see more pic of it.